Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warm tip

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    It's Techniflex.

I done spelled it wrong.

http://www.uniform-centre.co.nz/13/g...ex+Overtrouser

It's not cheap, but it's the sort of thing that survives bike crashes, rather than balling up into a blob of melted plastic.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big McJim
    But I can't dance.....

neither can he...

neither can I, but at least there are no photos to prove it (afik )

Bike
    K4 FE450 Husaberg K1 Rm125
    I got a new Dririder jacket.. single warmest descision I've ever made.. used to wear 2 tshirts + jumer + polarfleece vest + leather jacket and I was still freezing.
    With the new jacket I just wear a T under it and I have to take it off coz it's so hot. Or becuase i'm so hot.. *cough*

Anyway I reccomend everyone go and buy one.. they are a hell of a lot cheaper than leather stuff at only $250ish and they look kinda classy too

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    It's Techniflex.

I done spelled it wrong.

http://www.uniform-centre.co.nz/13/g...ex+Overtrouser

It's not cheap, but it's the sort of thing that survives bike crashes, rather than balling up into a blob of melted plastic.
    hmmm kinda expensive but a swandri oilskin vest is more, which I thought would be good, any opionions on oilskin?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX View Post
    hmmm kinda expensive but a swandri oilskin vest is more, which I thought would be good, any opionions on oilskin?
    Bloody good - so long as you look after it. The Techniflex stuff just needs to be biffed in the washing machine from time to time.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Bloody good - so long as you look after it. The Techniflex stuff just needs to be biffed in the washing machine from time to time.
    Another question is your stuff and or the swandri NZ made?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Swandri just closed down and moved manufacturing to China. Surprise, surprise.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Swandri just closed down and moved manufacturing to China. Surprise, surprise.
    Yeah that was what I thought, a shame you think the govt could of invested in stuff like this instead of the black hole that is social welfare, it would of provided jobs as well.

They look a bit better than the other one you posted

THough I cant see why the polar fleece lined one is more than the wool lined one
    http://www.swanndri.co.nz/default.aspx?T=5&P=16

Bike
    None any more
    Ahem... Swanndri has two "n"s.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX View Post

They look a bit better than the other one you posted
    Yes, they do. However, looking cool and freezing my tits off because I missed a patch when I was waterproofing my oilskin isn't my idea of fun.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Normally wear a T-shirt with termal top (t-shirts stops the itching), skivvie (long neck), cheap polarfleece vest (long neck) then put on my lined leather jacket. If it gets too wet it's out with the "dayglo's" or oil skin coat depending on what I remember to pack. Neck warmer and beard help too.

Working in a cold concrete walled workshop on an airfeild with both roller doors open most of the day kinda conditions you to cooler riding though. Always carry a spare pair of gloves handy just in case.

Bike
    El Bandito Negro
    jebus

I must look like a total dork riding.

On the threat of rain on a commute to dunedin / christchurch I wear:

From inside out:
    Underpants
    Thermals (and two pairs of socks)
    Tshirt
    Polarflece top and scarf
    Leather pants and jacket,
    Nitrile gloves to keep my hands dry, leather gloves to keep them protected
    Boots
    and over that I put a snow suit

And I've got heated hand grips.
    Admittedly I don't stop because if I did it would take me at least an hour to go to the bathroom.

Guess that's why I have been thinking of taking the screen off my bike :-D
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    Normal winter riding I wear a quilted sleeveless vest under my Dririder jacket along with a long sleeved sweatshirt - usually good even in frosts - and will pile on thermal t-shirt or just a normal T-shirt as well if it starts lookng really cold. Really cold weather and the thermal under trousers see some use, my feet are normally quite warm in a medium-weight pair of woolen socks but I'll be breaking out the thermal socks and layering them on the trip to the Cold Kiwi.

My gloves are what really let me down - I've tried wearing Polyprop gloves under them and they're supposed to be waterproof and thinsulate lined but my hands get as cold as ice and start sending shooting needles of pain up my fingers.

I've found that knocking together a pair of fleece-lined waterproof mittens (I sewed some polar-fleece mittens into the inside of a pair of waterproof mittens with an extra couple of layers of polar fleece across the back of the hands) helped but they would be no use if I binned - they're not designed to take the brunt of a crash.

The biggest problem I have weather-wise is that I can't remove the quilted lining from my Dririders (Alpine) so I swelter in summer unless I keep moving at a brisk pace to keep the air flowing around me. Stop for the lights and it gets uncomfortable very quickly.

My jacket and leggings were certainly fine a few years back when I went through Ohakune during the skiiing season so I'm not expecting too much trouble on the Cold Kiwi.
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Thread Information