Thread: Just brought a 75 KT250.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Just brought a 75 KT250.

Can't say I know much about them, nor ever owned either a trials bike or a Kawasaki for that matter. Motu has advised me of an online manual for it, just need to locate it on the web (anyone know the link by any chance?). Looks like it needs at least one part to make it complete.
    Just wondering who has one (or more) and who knows about them. I'm as green as the bike itself, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Picture is of actual bike, can anyone tell me whats missing to make it original?
    Looks like home made side panel(s) and no lights at this stage...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25598g544_full.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	39057  
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

http://kawasakikt.tripod.com/FREDKT.html

There you go,Fred & Debs KT page,all products made in NZ.

http://members.tripod.com/kawasakiKT/index-4.html

and this one too.

Looks to be in very good condition and pretty original.It might be difficult to find lights and speedo,but I have seen them.Most were used for their purpose - trials,so were stripped down,and a lot were modified.The were the best of the Jap trials bikes of that era,but Yamaha,Honda and Suzuki owners will disagree.They were developed by Don Smith who developed the first Montessa Cota,so you see a lot of Cota influence on the bike,the swingarm chain lube resivour for example.

They can be ridden quite well,and I miss mine in some ways...mainly the power.They are old school,in that you engage the required gear and enter the section,guiding the bike in the direction you want to go,although sometimes the KT has a different opion and will go on a alternative route.Not really suitable for advanced techniques like clutching and gearchanges mid section,let alone unweighting.But if you ride it in twinshock it will be quite capable,just get used to picking it up a lot.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Well.

The bike is now home in the garage. The bloke selling it was very modest in its description IMO, I'm rather wrapped with what I have picked up. All it actually needs is the headlight & tail light, even the speedo is there...
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    stop buying bikes inline the rest of us need some too ya know

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    stop buying bikes inline the rest of us need some too ya know
    I think there is about the same chance of that happening as you actually behaving out on the roads...

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    awsome...looks in great nick...i remember the old mans TL250 Honda when i was a young fella....first 3 gears you went nowhere then this huge jump into 4th....
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    1987 Nifty 50
    So its time for you to build a bigger garage yet again then?
    Didnt we all have to have stern words with you a while back after the buyers frenzy got hold of you
    "Not one day that we are here on this earth has been promised to us, so make the most of every day as if it was your last, and every breath ,as if it were the same"

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Yea, but I don't allways listen...

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    So its time for you to build a bigger garage yet again then?
    Didnt we all have to have stern words with you a while back after the buyers frenzy got hold of you
    I have gotten rid of: 81 RD250/350LC & 75 GT750, so another addition was needed after the collection shrank. As for the size of the garage? Come and have a look, I think you'll agree that there is pleanty of room for more.

Bike
    ninja 250
    Hmmm, did you see this? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-65490154.htm
    Thats an absolute bargain!! $3000 for a genuine HRC race bike! And its like brand new, even if you never riode it, you could just sit it in your lounge or something? Fantastic bike!

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Looked at it.

Quote Originally Posted by gav View Post
    Hmmm, did you see this? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-65490154.htm
    Thats an absolute bargain!! $3000 for a genuine HRC race bike! And its like brand new, even if you never riode it, you could just sit it in your lounge or something? Fantastic bike!
    The kt was something picked up for a really low price. Not actually my thing, but at the price it looked too good to go by. I would really like a VMX bike, but beggars can't be choosers...

Bike
    Bikes
    Any one know of a Kawasaki KT250 or a Honda TL250 for sale?
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    2007 HondaXL1000V Varadero and 14 others
    FWIW, there were a lot more KT250s sold in NZ than you may think.

Dalgetys were Kawasaki agents all over the place at the timne, and sold heaps of them as farm bikes. So many of the ones you see these days have had pretty hard lives compared with most trials machines.

(These were the same geniuses who sold DKW 125 ISDT replicas as as farm bikes, too.)

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteJ View Post
    FWIW, there were a lot more KT250s sold in NZ than you may think.

Dalgetys were Kawasaki agents all over the place at the timne, and sold heaps of them as farm bikes. So many of the ones you see these days have had pretty hard lives compared with most trials machines.

(These were the same geniuses who sold DKW 125 ISDT replicas as as farm bikes, too.)
    yer thats right...
    I bought a KT from Dalgetys in Richmond / Nelson..
    Think I payed a whole $1,502 for it new.. Or some silly
    prise like that..

The farmers paid no tax on the bike,so they were pretty cheap. A lot of farmers rode trials back then too. What you did was find a friendly farmer who would buy a bike for you.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    There's a fully restored one on Trademe at the mo.....he's wanting 5 grandish
    The Heart is the drum keeping time for everyone....

Thread Information