Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Learner friendly 250 ride,

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650

Learner friendly 250 ride,

Hey Guys,
    Based on the positive feedback on the last 250 run I have decided to put in another one, this time I will pick a route that is as L plate friendly as possible, On the day we will probably have two groups, a faster group and a learner group, may even plan an extended ride for the faster group so we all get to lunch at the same time.

A nice relaxed day for those less experianced riders to get a taste of riding out of the city with a few other bikers,
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...8-26&e=922&c=1

Date: 26/8/06
    Meeting will be at BP Botany Downs at 10am
    Weather Update:

It looks fine sofar, but there is a large "thing" approaching from the tasman sea, Unsure what time it will get this way, but I reccomend that people bring wet weather gear incase it reaches us before we get home! might have a clearer idea when the 9am satellite pic is up.

Note this is a Saturday ride not sunday, (decided to go Saturday as there is no other even on saturday at this time)
    Last edited by Maverick; 26th August 2006 at 08:38. Reason: Updated details

Bike
    kawasaki KR-150
    i play soccer on saturdays, otherwise id been keen.
    Honk if you like peace and quiet!

Bike
    K6 busa, SXV4.5, DL650, Pegaso Strada
    Why not set a date in 2-3 weeks time on a sunday to give everyone enough time to arrange family and work time off.

A good ride would be the Coro Loop the faster group can do the full loop and the slower group can do the short loop, you can then all meet up at coroglen for lunch. However apparantly the pies are Crap.

If you allow for a little time you may find some of the more experanced rider around here may come along and give pointer.

Just my 10c

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser View Post
    If you allow for a little time you may find some of the more experanced rider around here may come along and give pointer.
    Depends how far you want to go on the ride format...

Weasel and I are waiting for summer to start up the new rider's day out format again.

Just be aware... and nothing against the L plates... you can potentially end up with very very new riders... just be careful for allowing that, if you are. Especially with it still being winter and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Just be aware... and nothing against the L plates... you can potentially end up with very very new riders... just be careful for allowing that, if you are. Especially with it still being winter and all.
    Yeah, Me an' my trusty yellow plate kept the ride sane last weekend - They all thought I knew where I was goin' but I just made it up as I went along and they all stayed behind me.

It was sheer luck we got to the right place - people think we're being coy about the route we took - truth is we probably couldn't find it again!

I was the only L plate there.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    kawasaki KR-150
    LOL

Good thing you kept it sane! I can’t honestly say I would have made it though some of those corners,(eg hair pin with pot hole) if your shiny L plate had not kept me at bay!
    Honk if you like peace and quiet!

Bike
    none...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big McJim View Post
    Yeah, Me an' my trusty yellow plate kept the ride sane last weekend - They all thought I knew where I was goin' but I just made it up as I went along and they all stayed behind me.

It was sheer luck we got to the right place - people think we're being coy about the route we took - truth is we probably couldn't find it again!

I was the only L plate there.

yea I fully agree...good pace set on the day earns you some bling...enjoy

you werent really the only "L-Plate", but then again, yes you were
    Quote Buddy L:"The bike's like BOOM, the motor's like BOOM!
    the exhaust is like....b-BANG!!
    the whole bike's like WAAAAEEEEEEHH!!!"

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Cheers for that fellas - I thought I'd pissed you all off for going so slow. You got to stretch those legs on the last straight though while I followed along at a stately hundred and (mumble mumble mumble) k's trying to keep you all in sight!

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650
    Im confident we can find the same route, and I am looking up routes back in advance,
    I will be going at the back at the pace of the slowest rider to ensure noone gets lost or has any problems, so if someone wants to do 70 all the way, thats fine by me, will be just a nice ride in the country
    If anyone wants to go fast then those who came last week know the route we took and can wait for us at the pub or sprint down to miranda or something and back to meet us at the pub in time for lunch

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    I would come ride with you if i weren't heading to the mountain this week.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650
    Just making sure everyone realises this is for next weekend, the 26th, not this coming weekend!

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Yup, I'll be there - meeting the wife and kids at Miranda for lunch and a dip in the hot pools.
    Will try to bring a friend who just got a 250 last month too.
    Sorry to hear about soccer ben - I'm gonna miss the perfume of that 2 stroke exhaust!
    Rookie? Duckaddict? Jsn? Black Bandit?
    Looking forward to it already - I've got RRRS this Sunday so hopefully I'll be a safer rider next weekend!

Bike
    Aprilia RSV1000RR
    I could be keen for this ride. I will know if I can make it closer to the time.

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650
    If people are going to attend can you add your name to the event link at the top so we have an idea of numbers etc

Cheers

Bike
    2006 F650GS
    Hey there

It sounds like it will be a great ride

If anyone wants to make a weekend of it, I am heading towards Coromandel from East Cape on the Saturday, and if anyone is keen to join in a tour around Coromandel on the Sunday let me know.
    It will be gravel so it would suit dual purpose/dirt bikes better, but I am a learner on a 250 too so we wont be riding fast

Here is my trip details for anyone that maybe interested?

Cheers Scott

Dusty Butt 1000km - We knocked the bugger off what next?

Thread Information