Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little buggers Race Report

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack

Thumbs up Little buggers Race Report

VMCC Actrix Round four

This weekend was going to be the first weekend I was to be racing my KR150, which I was really excited about!

For the last three rounds I have been racing the Ivan's RG150. Thanks heaps guys it was real great of you to let me use your bike!!.

Scrub In session

I had two new tyres I needed to scrub in so I though I would use this opportunity to do so. I had taken quite a risk with the tyres running a Dunlop tt900gp at the front with a Dunlop GPR70 (front tyre) on the back flipped around. Sometimes when you put front tyres on the back wheel you can get big issues with miss-matched tyres.
    I took it very easy at the beginning slowly leaning a little more each corner until I started knee sliding…. I though that would be sufficient scrubbing in… Anyways, I'm coming up to turn one….. Then cowpoos on his GSXR750 comes flying through….. Crazy old farmer!! Out of turn one the track keeps sweeping to the right…. I watched him….. Whoosh! All over rover!! He lowslided his bike in scrub in!... The bad luck was when his bike hit the grass it tumbled… and broke everything!! Damn man. My guts sank! Scrub in was over… Into the pits to tell the grim news!

Street Stock Practice

Now that I know I'm not having any problems with the tyres, I can start to push it
    I got a few good laps in which I was happy with…. But I learned a new problem! My KR has a very close range gear box (which is good) but my gearing is way too short! I'm topping out 6th gear before I even get to the start finish line

When I got back to the pits I had a look around for a bigger front sprocket! Couldn't find one unfortunately (thanks Sugilite for looking: niceone: )

I qualified 2nd with a 1:31 lap time. Vtec was in front of me (surprise surprise )

Streetstock Race one

Warm up lap… yeah pretty average…..

Race start… we are behind the 125s now which is really good as the 150s get past them at the start but then the 125s re-pass us after before turn one!

I get a average start.. Vtec got a good one! So did Neil Chappell. I was right on Vtec's ass through the in field…. I was gonna pass him into splash…. Thought I would play it safe as he would just pass me back down the straight!! I still gave it a go on the exit of the hairpin just to let him know I can out corner him!! Lol… That race was pretty boring until I caught up with William on the 125… Neil was a way back now so I had a bit of fun with William…. He would nail pass me down the straights and sometimes do cool power wheelies…. Then I would pass him around the out side at the sweeper.! It was fun!!

Anyways. Got second with a 1:30.1 lap time!! Almost into the 1:29s !!

Streetstock race two

18 lapper…. Long..

I had a lot of fun keeping Vtec more than honest in the infield and I was starting to get very very quick in splash!! It was great but then I ended up all alone which was boring…. Even when the 125s came past I could keep them in the corners!!

Finished second overall in Streetstock. I'm really happy but I did not make the 1:29s which I was a bit gutted about.

Superlite F3

I didn't do practice, the first race was boring so I'm not going to talk about that either,

But race two!! Me and Neil Chappell were having great fun passing each other!! Then I though.. I still wanted to do my 1:29 lap…. So I left him behind…

I dedicated ONE lap to make a fast lap time… that was the last lap.

Can any one say 1:28.7 !!! HELL YEAH!!

And it wasn't that hard. I just rode super smooth and talked my way through the lap!!

I'm still buzzing now!!!

Hopefully next round ill be able to beat Vtec ( I will change my gearing which should give me a second a lap! )

Thanks to:

Bert - For saving me the pit!! Cheers mate
    Sugilite - for looking for the sprocket
    My dad - for getting me to the track!
    And mostly

HI TORQUE CYCLES in Kapiti! - For the Mint deal on the tyres! Thanks Dave!!

Over and out amigos!!

-RG

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Sounds like fun. Cowpoos crash must've been pretty sobering though

God I want to race. I hope racing the first round each year doesn't become a habit

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    good stuff bro......good to see the bike was running better than last time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    GSXR450
    Good work Little Bugger, keep talking to your self mate, that is a brilliant way to get yourself around a race track

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    good write up .. next time say hi so i know who i am watching :P
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Great write up dude!
    Good riding too, pity I did not get to see you in action, but from what I saw of you on the hill the other Weekend you would have been flying! The lap times sound primo considering your gearing woes, you could only have been cutting those times through the corners, so good on ya
    Pity I did not have my motard bike there, I would have had the right size sprockets then....

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Thanks Heaps guys!!!

Alarumba - Yeah it would be great to see you back out there!!

Cowpoos - Running better!! Its a whole different bike!!

Shaun - Thanks. I feel it does work, along with being smooth calm and relaxed!

Chancyy - I will make sure to come say hello

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Great write up dude!
    Good riding too, pity I did not get to see you in action, but from what I saw of you on the hill the other Weekend you would have been flying! The lap times sound primo considering your gearing woes, you could only have been cutting those times through the corners, so good on ya
    Pity I did not have my motard bike there, I would have had the right size sprockets then....
    Thanks mate!

Yeah i think there should be at least a second in the gearing... which means hopefully ill be able to keep up with the 250 that is beating me!!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Where were you topping out down the back straight?

Bike
    VTR1000, RM 250 and a few toys
    Nice race report man sounds like you had a shit load of fun.
    You know you had a good nite when you have to ask someone if you had a good nite.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Where were you topping out down the back straight?
    Na back straight had a head wind so was just topping out down there.

The front straight was worse.. I would come through the sweeper in 5th gear then as i came up to the ripple strip i would hook 6th then top out just after the pit enterance.

Middle straight was the same although not as bad!

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Quote Originally Posted by poorbastard View Post
    Nice race report man sounds like you had a shit load of fun.
    Thanks mate!

Yeah i soooo much fun!! although... this time, more fun than usual!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    K dude, I reckon it could have been costing you up to 1.5 seconds a lap in that case, though you may have lost a bit gearing it up down the back straight, swings n round abouts...

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    I was still hitting the red line for about 1/4 of the bck straight, but it keeps reving to about 2000RPM after that. then it just stops!

the good thing is that it has a really close gearbox, which means you can use your gears alot!

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    great write up!! glad you had a good day!
    Biker Babe...
    I Ride Like A Girl...
    Quote Originally Posted by deano
    Rossi Girl....My idol!!!!
    Silly Boys, Bikes are for Girls!

Thread Information