Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Patches/Gangs/1% MCs

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by spudchucka View Post
    Some time in the 50's there were some nasty riots in America atributed to bikers, (it may have been at Daytona, not sure now). The main stream biker community came out and stated that the trouble makers that caused the riots were only 1% of the overall biker population. The loser bikie gangs liked the label and have adopted the 1% badge as a sign to all that they are the shit heads of this world and they are proud of it.

EDIT:
    http://www.biker.co.nz/Reviews.asp?id=178

http://www.missoulian.com/specials/h...gels/ha02.html
    thatd be the hollister riots, not daytona. i think the media made it seem worse than it was [as always]
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago
    Quote Originally Posted by Lias View Post
    I'm curious.. While I was working security for Dame Te Ata's tangi I saw the usual variety of patched members turn up, but also saw a bunch of patches I've never seen or heard of before. Got me thinking, what gang's/MC's are out there that you know of?

Mongrel Mob (Nationwide) *
    Black Power/Manga Kahu (Nationwide) *
    Outcasts (Hamilton)
    Outlaws (Napier)
    Satans Slaves (Welly)
    Hells Angels (Wanganui)
    Highway 61 (Welly / Hawkes Bay)
    Headhunters (Auckland)
    Tribesmen (Auckland) *
    Filthy Few (BOP) *
    Magogs (New Plymouth)
    Road Knights (South Island)
    Mothers (Palmerston North)
    45 MC (Auckland)

Only ones marked with an * were at the Tangi
    Ones I saw at the tangi I didnt recognize were:
    King Cobras
    Huhu MC
    Taupiri MC
    Tribal Huk
    United Bulldogs (Though I'm assuming this one was MMM related)
    Anyone know anything about these ones? Or have others I didnt know of to add.
    You mean to say that none of them removed their patches out of respect to the maori queen's funeral/tangi... For all the days of the tangi and at the actual funeral service and funeral procession, I would have thought a bit of respect wouldn't have gone amiss. Shame on them.

On big fundraiser bike runs up here in Auckland, the gangs remove their patches for those rides.

Bike
    a bruised CBR600 F4i
    there was a gang getting around Dirty Old Timaru, the Devils Henchmen?
    It is only when we have lost everything that we are free to do anything.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by _intense_ View Post
    there was a gang getting around Dirty Old Timaru, the Devils Henchmen?
    Roadknights are Timaru, Devil's Henchmen are ChCh with HQ & 4 gang houses on Porthills Rd and other houses through out Woolston, Linwood, & Bromley

Bike
    00 Gixxer 750 and ZX10 tricycle
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    I think I'd rather call one of the other gangs if that happened.

Chances are they are probably already there
    Built for speed, not for comfort

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    i remember one time we were doing a ride for my friends birthday and those tribesman dudes passed on the motorway. We were doing about 120ish... they were on 3 harleys and a speed tripple (WTF???).

The guy on the tripple had a pillion who pulled the fingers at us as they sped past an R6, two busa's and an X11. Good thing we were good samaritans or they woulda been roped in pretty quickly.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    thatd be the hollister riots, not daytona. i think the media made it seem worse than it was [as always]
    Yep, thats why I posted those links. Most of the 1%er's were initially disgruntled ex service men following WWII.

Bike
    Honda Blackbird 1997
    In the 70's It was considered cool to have a beer cloth mat sewn into your jeans, but sadly this did not bring any sponsorship deal with any of the giant brewery's.
    In the beginning, there was nothing. Then the Lord said: "Let there be light"...
    and there was still fuck all, but at least you could see it!....

Bike
    A Cage
    Quote Originally Posted by crashe View Post
    You mean to say that none of them removed their patches out of respect to the maori queen's funeral/tangi... For all the days of the tangi and at the actual funeral service and funeral procession, I would have thought a bit of respect wouldn't have gone amiss. Shame on them.
    Yeah, I was talking to one of the marae internal security guys at the pissup for the workers last night, and he was very unimpressed with that too. He made a comment along the lines of if they'd so much as blinked the wrong way on the marae they would have gotten the shit kicked out of them.

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by spudchucka View Post
    Yep, thats why I posted those links. Most of the 1%er's were initially disgruntled ex service men following WWII.
    thats the one....and thats also something ive never understood. the original "gang" members were ex soldiers...people paraded as heroes in the battlefield. i dont understand how those same people, who fought for their country, can be spat on by the people they were called to protect.

and even now, a large number of the soldiers in iraq ride bikes. back in america, they likely get treated same as any lowlife biker. which sucks.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Rotten View Post
    ................if we where a gang wouldnt we have the biggest group of member's..........
    ahhhhhh, where to start *sigh*

HITCHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    suzuki intruder vs1400 04
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    thats the one....and thats also something ive never understood. the original "gang" members were ex soldiers...people paraded as heroes in the battlefield. i dont understand how those same people, who fought for their country, can be spat on by the people they were called to protect.

and even now, a large number of the soldiers in iraq ride bikes. back in america, they likely get treated same as any lowlife biker. which sucks.
    I dont think those so called gang members would have had a problem if had,nt paraded themselves around like a pack of dipshits.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Gang members can be the nicest people. Ive sat down a a chats with quite a few. Its the gangs as a collective whole that are shit.
    Its like manure, a small ammont helps your garden grow, alot makes you garden look like a pile of shit
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Kb Is A Gang>
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Lias View Post
    Yeah, I was talking to one of the marae internal security guys at the pissup for the workers last night, and he was very unimpressed with that too. He made a comment along the lines of if they'd so much as blinked the wrong way on the marae they would have gotten the shit kicked out of them.
    Speaking of respect, did anyone see TV1 News on Monday night, 'live' from the tangi? Is it just me, or did it seem a tad tasteless to be standing on a marae, seemingly to pay respect to a much-loved woman, and reporting on rapes, murders and the like, while you could hear singing in the background?

And don't forget the Nomads - used to have quite a presence around Levin but I haven't heard much about them lately.
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Thread Information