Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wellington 250 rides?

Bike
    2001 GSX1200

Wellington 250 rides?

I've been reading about the 250-friendly rides in Auckland, and they sound good.
    Anybody keen to lead some here in Wellington? I'd rather leave it to someone a bit more experienced than me (about 2 months so far)

Richard

Bike
    Nothing, broke it, no $$ for a new one
    Not good at organising stuff, but would be really keen to join in on a learner-friendly 250 ride if anyone does take you up on it
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Bike
    Bandit 250(for sale), 636
    Ive held a few rides before but never a 250 one, im keen to participate with my gsf250 - been riding for awhile now...

Must be time to do "Wasp's Welly Weekend WAdventure Wride" again , any ride I organise however will never be restricted to only 250s it will be open class with just an emphasis on 250s (i feel its better to have the fast/experienced guys around for advice and if the unthinkable should happen i know they will handle it alot better than i possibly could.)

I'm quietly looking forwards to the face off between rwh's vt250f and IR's VTZ250(j). GO VTZ GO!!!
    1990 Suzuki Bandit GSF 250 for sale 39k kms $3,500

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    TSS have a ride the 2nd Sunday of every month specifically targeting 250cc riders.

www.tssmotorcycles.co.nz

Last edited by James Deuce; 22nd August 2006 at 15:59. Reason: wrong time interval
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    WHAT?!! jim2 i didnt know that!

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    I ended up leading the Auckland 250 ride by default and I've only been riding 3 months. Haven't had too many complaints about the pace either.

Just a case of keeping it sensible and checking the mirrors.

Be aware of the need to stagger the positions for maximum visibility.

Make sure people leave a good stopping distance otherwise there could be a pile up when an inexperienced biker panic brakes in a corner for example.

Go for it.

Let us all know how it goes.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    bah stuff that big mcjim, we have the newbies ride on for the newbies, any 250 ride i lead will be as fast as i can go over the takas then slightly above 100 kms out the back of martinborough

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Cliffhanger Promotions are keen to have a 250 class at the Wairarapa Sprints, as they want to encourage younger riders to get into road racing.

It would be an opportunity to test out your machines in a controlled environment, providing you are comfortable getting close to your bikes top speed, in addition to testing your standing starts and 1/4 mile times.

More info will follow soon, either in Meetings and Events or Racing.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    VTR1000, RM 250 and a few toys
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Cliffhanger Promotions are keen to have a 250 class at the Wairarapa Sprints, as they want to encourage younger riders to get into road racing.

It would be an opportunity to test out your machines in a controlled environment, providing you are comfortable getting close to your bikes top speed, in addition to testing your standing starts and 1/4 mile times.

Now that sounds like some fun. Id be keen for a go if this goes ahead, thats if I still have the 250 then.
    You know you had a good nite when you have to ask someone if you had a good nite.

Bike
    VTR1000, RM 250 and a few toys
    Quote Originally Posted by rwh View Post
    I've been reading about the 250-friendly rides in Auckland, and they sound good.
    Anybody keen to lead some here in Wellington? I'd rather leave it to someone a bit more experienced than me (about 2 months so far)

Richard
    Theres a newbee ride coming up that should be right up your ally otherwise alot of rides still have 250s on them.
    You know you had a good nite when you have to ask someone if you had a good nite.

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Here you go mate: Great KBer Ride
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    Nothing, broke it, no $$ for a new one

Hmmm....all 120kph of it

And........LOL, is 33 still in the 'younger rider' category??
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Bike
    1986 Suzuki GN250

Sweet. After watching at Manfield on Sat I'm keen to get the GN on the track.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by judecatmad View Post
    Hmmm....all 120kph of it

And........LOL, is 33 still in the 'younger rider' category??

Sorry for generalising, but you know what I mean...would you prefer Newbie ?

And, it's about getting out there and into it, not so much a competition, although prizes are anticipated for the fastest.....and maybe the slowest?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    Now that's the attitude
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    Can a turbo be fitted to a Ginny?
    If so how much power could you actually get out of it?

I have no Ginny nor any ability to attach a turbo but I'd love to see it done.

Not actually intending to take the piss here.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Thread Information