Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scaring myself silly today

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    If I'm going to be less than a couple of hours I just park on the footpath outsideish where I'm going. Pick a spot where it's not actively obstructing pedestrian traffic , and preferably where something else (street furniture, signal box, trees and stuff) already makes an obstruction. Or in a "niche", eg between the butresses of a building.

I've not had any hassle yet.If there are other bikes parked there so much the better.

Long term, a parking building (bikes park free in ACC and Sky City ones) or somewhere I can chain the bike to something solid.
    Thats pretty kewl, so no hassles from the ticket wardens? What sort of chain do you use? (I think the light cable lock I got is .... too light! ). I guess the next time I'm in the city, I'll be scoping out the places to park. And avoiding the damn cagers that want to ruin my day!
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    Big f'n yellow one!

4x4

Hmmm that 4x4 on the North Western....

It isn't a large red one is it? maybe a Chevy or large Toyota?

I am having real problems with this guy at the moment... Everytime I see him he has a go! Not sure what I have done???

But bye Jeez I have no idea how you guys get close enough to take off mirrors if I get within 200mtrs of this guy he goes absolutely nuts and I all think is go when he cant move.....

However I do love swerving behind him... He thinks I am gonna overtake and swerves too! Wonder what plod would say to that? I aint changing lanes and he is all over the place? have stopped that though coz all I want this guy too disappear prefferable under a B-Train

What thoughts you guys got on him or is anyone else having the same probs?

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313 View Post
    Thats pretty kewl, so no hassles from the ticket wardens? What sort of chain do you use? (I think the light cable lock I got is .... too light! ). I guess the next time I'm in the city, I'll be scoping out the places to park. And avoiding the damn cagers that want to ruin my day!
    Well, I accept no responsibility if you get a ticket. It is technically illegal to park on a footpath. But, I've never had one. But I do use some discretion in selecting my spot. Blend in, tuck away, don't look like an obstruction. I have a light weight cable thingy, which would not stop anyone determined, it is a "this one's hard, pick the next bike to steal" deterrent. And an enormous , heavy as sin chain, claimed to be resistant to everything up to and including thermonuclear explosions. Which is too heavy usually to lug around, so I only take it if I am going to be leaving the bike overnight or in a didgy area. Parking building is best for long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Well, on Saturday I did a quick visit to the city and scoped out the parking places - parked my bike on the bike racks by the Auckland Library and locked it with my cable! I was a bit paranoid and only left it as long as I could get a feed from Wendys and skedaddled back to my bike! Left city and went to Ponsnobby to look after mate's place and pets for the night heh.
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Thread Information