Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Learner friendly 250 ride 10/9/06

Bike
    2004 Honda VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I made a crude map, I hope this helps?

Mav
    You should chuck some street names in, to turn it from crude into pro!

(Busted on the physics gag! wakawakawaka )

Bike
    2017 GSXR 750
    Hey Guys!

Well I got back from Scouting out the Route for the run next sunday, and I have to say that it is an Awesome ride, I think it was about 136km each way, so 272km total estimated.
    It has long straights and fast corners, a bit of towny stuff, lots of tight twisties, forests, ridges, ummmm cows? And maybe even a chrome headlight bolt somewhere on the way (we did see 3 speed cameras today though, so fast guys, you have been warned!)
    I got a few nice pics, but of course I cant show you all, cause that would spoil the surprise for next sunday!

Even though the weather didnt look great today, it was a bit damp and spitty starting out, but turned more into a misty low cloud then rain as such, and by lunch was just a few clouds overhead.

Mav
    Hope you got that bolt sorted Mav, like i said i'd hate to see your headlight fall off .. lol .. just to add gents ... it will be a great ride, weather permitting .. lots of things to see and some fantastic roads to ride.. It was a little damp on the scout.. but damn ... in the dry ... you guys are going to love it!!

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlockNZ View Post
    Hope you got that bolt sorted Mav, like i said i'd hate to see your headlight fall off .. lol .. just to add gents ... it will be a great ride, weather permitting .. lots of things to see and some fantastic roads to ride.. It was a little damp on the scout.. but damn ... in the dry ... you guys are going to love it!!
    Yep all sorted, Got myself a small windsheild too for when the weather gets a bit gusty.
    Have made a slight change to the route at the end now that I have been advised of a supposibly more interesting final destination, but essentially the same
    How are the new tyres going?

Bike
    2017 GSXR 750
    Yep all sorted, Got myself a small windsheild too for when the weather gets a bit gusty.
    Have made a slight change to the route at the end now that I have been advised of a supposibly more interesting final destination, but essentially the same
    How are the new tyres going?
    More interesting you say?? ... sounds good .. same place for lunch and shit ?? ... the tyres are going great I should have gotten rid of the shitko's before i picked the bike up .. lol

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlockNZ View Post
    More interesting you say?? ... sounds good .. same place for lunch and shit ?? ... the tyres are going great I should have gotten rid of the shitko's before i picked the bike up .. lol
    Yep, same place for lunch, just remember that wander off the plan we did? and that road where you told me that we should turn left?? well turn Right there instead!

Yep, If I was buying a new bike I would have asked for an upgrade on the tyres.

Bike
    2017 GSXR 750
    Yep, same place for lunch, just remember that wander off the plan we did? and that road where you told me that we should turn left?? well turn Right there instead!

Yep, If I was buying a new bike I would have asked for an upgrade on the tyres.
    See .. the bonus of the scout !!... lol .. should be an awesome ride ... whats the long range forcast say about the weather ?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FXChief View Post
    Maverick. Could you please tell me, is the street address is for BP Botany - 271 Botany Road, Howick. I had registered for the last one and rode out there from the Shore but couldnt find it. I ended up at BP Ti Rakau and BP Te Irirangi where the station attendent told me that BP Botany was closed.
    For the last learners ride, there were a few meeting somewhere in Albany for the ride to BP Botany. Anyone else from the shore (or there about) want to meet up again this time round?

in order to appreciate a good steak, you should eat the occasional greasy hamburger.

Bike
    2017 GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by duckaddict View Post
    For the last learners ride, there were a few meeting somewhere in Albany for the ride to BP Botany. Anyone else from the shore (or there about) want to meet up again this time round?

I'd be more than happy to do the Albany thing again ... now that i know where i'm going .. if you feel like meeting me there .. let me know

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    We are also going to need a fast volunteer for the 'not so Learner friendly group' if the turnout is anything like the last one.

I think a lot of people are giving it a miss coz of the track day on Saturday though. It may be that the group is small enough this time that we can get away with one group.

Swantiger has a rep for being able to go quick though maybe he'd like to lead the fast fellas?

Just a thought.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    kawasaki KR-150
    Yeaha just got my restricted!!!

Hummm don’t know why I’m so happy...?

Ill just be doing the same as always. (Just legally LOL)

See you guys on Sunday.
    Honk if you like peace and quiet!

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
    Yeaha just got my restricted!!!

Hummm don’t know why I’m so happy...?

Ill just be doing the same as always. (Just legally LOL)

See you guys on Sunday.
    It means if you get caught speeding you'll just get done for the speeding fine. Not the speeding fine AND breach of licence conditions (extra $400!).

Be happy.

Bike
    kawasaki KR-150
    IF i get caught??? lol
    Honk if you like peace and quiet!

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650
    Quote Originally Posted by McJim View Post
    We are also going to need a fast volunteer for the 'not so Learner friendly group' if the turnout is anything like the last one.

I think a lot of people are giving it a miss coz of the track day on Saturday though. It may be that the group is small enough this time that we can get away with one group.

Swantiger has a rep for being able to go quick though maybe he'd like to lead the fast fellas?

Just a thought.
    I bet theres bound to be a couple of people who wont turn up at the last minute if the weather looks cloudy... *ahem*... :P

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by McJim View Post
    Who told you that bullshit? I'm not quick at all, it's purely the bike and its incredible 27 HP of pure tyre shredding power - Buy a Hyosung!

I may or may not be there, the Girl friend and I organised to go for a ride this weekend with one of her work mates so I'll see if they are keen on this ride.

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanTiger View Post
    Who told you that bullshit? I'm not quick at all, it's purely the bike and its incredible 27 HP of pure tyre shredding power - Buy a Hyosung!
    If you don't mind mate I'll stick with my Naked 32 hp of pure agressive V-Twin that is the li'l black ratty VTR (wot hyosung copied!)

How come your profile sez you got a honda now? Wot sort of Honda U got?

Thread Information