Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Learner friendly 250 ride 10/9/06

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650

Learner friendly 250 ride 10/9/06

Hi All,

This is the next in a series of learner friendly rides aimed mainly at the 250cc riders on learner or restricted licences but all responsible riders are welcome.

On the day we will probably have two groups, a faster group and a learner group, may even plan an extended ride for the faster group so we all get to lunch at the same time.

A nice relaxed day for those less experianced riders to get a taste of riding out of the city with a few other bikers,

Route to be revealed on the day.

Meeting 9.30AM BP Botany. Sunday the 10/9/06.

Please register below if you will be attending to give us an idea of numbers,

Hope to see you there!

Mav

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...&day=2006-9-10

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Don't quote me on this but rumour has it we'll be going somewhere different on this trip!
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650
    Its alright, you can be quoted on it, we are going somewhere different

Bike
    GSX-R600 K6, 07 CBR600RR
    Can you give us an estimate on duration? ( This is the weekend immediately after the trackday on the 8th, so I'll have been away Friday, home sometime Saturday, then out on the bike again 9.30am Sunday. Got to keep my normally supportive wife happy too!!) Of course I could just not come... but after yesterday, I'm real keen and I think having some slightly more experienced riders on the ride, who still remember clearly what it's like to be a newbie is of value too!

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Meep meep!

Quote Originally Posted by Leong View Post
    Can you give us an estimate on duration? ( This is the weekend immediately after the trackday on the 8th, so I'll have been away Friday, home sometime Saturday, then out on the bike again 9.30am Sunday. Got to keep my normally supportive wife happy too!!) Of course I could just not come... but after yesterday, I'm real keen and I think having some slightly more experienced riders on the ride, who still remember clearly what it's like to be a newbie is of value too!
    Ahhh familiar family obligations - say no more
    With asians its a whole new level of hurt! I'm suprised your missus takes it in her stride so calmly. Good to see the asian contingent well represented (probably be accused of having the dosh to splash out on fancy rides and not caring about trading in a bike for 5 grand on the next one! )

But the ride, I will be there with bells on next time! And a lubed chain (as pointed out by Warlock )
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313 View Post
    With asians its a whole new level of hurt!
    Shit man are you Asian? You sounded like a kiwi to my uneducated ear.
    And who was the poor guy that had to meet his whanau at Miranda in order to be allowed out on the bike at all yesterday?

Bike
    GSX-R600 K6, 07 CBR600RR
    With asians its a whole new level of hurt! I'm suprised your missus takes it in her stride so calmly. Good to see the asian contingent well represented (probably be accused of having the dosh to splash out on fancy rides and not caring about trading in a bike for 5 grand on the next one! )
    I am real lucky. Imagine returning from a ride on the back of a mate's bike, with another mate riding yours because you lost your license for 28 days, effective immediately!! The guys left real quick expecting me to face the music! She took it all in stride... dropped me off and picked me up from work when necessary etc

As far as asian dosh goes, like you I grew up here and earnt every cent I have here. What I spend on bikes is minute compared to what I've spent on cages in the past..... Good to meet you yesterday!!

Bike
    2022 Triumph Speed Twin 900
    A very good attitude Leong.

Yep, your wife must be one of a very select few. I seem to have scored one of those too but she does seem to get a little jealous of what she calls my Blue Mistress. (That being my blue and white GSX1400 of course)

Still, when out and about you are inclined to think about getting home at a reasonable hour even when you would like to stay and yak longer or are having fun. The pressure to be back on time is always there in a way, but I suppose that's part of the responsibility of having another half.

She sounds like a good lady mate
    If the destination is more important than the journey you aint a biker.

Sci-Fi and Non-Fiction Author
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/pcfris

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leong View Post
    I am real lucky. Imagine returning from a ride on the back of a mate's bike, with another mate riding yours because you lost your license for 28 days, effective immediately!! The guys left real quick expecting me to face the music! She took it all in stride... dropped me off and picked me up from work when necessary etc

As far as asian dosh goes, like you I grew up here and earnt every cent I have here. What I spend on bikes is minute compared to what I've spent on cages in the past..... Good to meet you yesterday!!
    Cor blimey - you got a real corker there pal! My brother has been out in the dog box for less than that, and he doesn't (read : not allowed) ride two wheels of freedom anymore!

Shure she isn't a closet biker wanting to come out?

Bike
    Blog Entries

Me chinese? Nah mate, I be banana! Yellow on outside , white on the inside!

Quote Originally Posted by Big McJim View Post
    Shit man are you Asian? You sounded like a kiwi to my uneducated ear.
    And who was the poor guy that had to meet his whanau at Miranda in order to be allowed out on the bike at all yesterday?
    Yeah, 3rd generation kiwi-born chinee-man - though my size and dark colouration means I've been mistaken for a chinese person...twice! People pick me as (choose your impression)

+Maori
    +Samoan
    +Indonesian
    +Malaysian
    +Japanese
    +Mongolian
    +Javanese (wtf? I don'even know myself what they look like!)
    +Some f**ked up half-breed

When it comes down to it, people are people - some are good, some bad and there are plenty of tossers and w**kers inbetween, irrespective of race,creed,religion or colour!

Can't...we...just...get along? Oh, the humanity of it all!

Quote for the day : Confucius say "Lide two wheel of fleedom, keep lubber-side down and no outlunning Asphalt Angel"

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Yeah, 3rd generation kiwi-born chinee-man - though my size and dark colouration means I've been mistaken for a chinese person...twice! People pick me as (choose your impression)

+Maori
    +Samoan
    +Indonesian
    +Malaysian
    +Japanese
    +Mongolian
    +Javanese (wtf? I don'even know myself what they look like!)
    +Some f**ked up half-breed

When it comes down to it, people are people - some are good, some bad and there are plenty of tossers and w**kers inbetween, irrespective of race,creed,religion or colour!

Can't...we...just...get along? Oh, the humanity of it all!

Quote for the day : Confucius say "Lide two wheel of fleedom, keep lubber-side down and no outlunning Asphalt Angel"
    Yeah - point I was trying to make - I don't care what ethnicity someone is - see you Sunday 10th.

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Good news folks - Searchin' sorted himself out with a set of wheels - he weighed up the pros and cons and bought himself a........VTR 250!

Common sense prevailled eh?

Fella lives in Hunua (where we stopped for the rainy smoko on Saturday) if we'd known we coulda popped in for a cup of tea out the rain eh?

Mibbe next time.

Bike
    K6 busa, SXV4.5, DL650, Pegaso Strada
    Send him our condolances ......... he bought a honda

nah just joking congrats dude

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650
    Hmm.... *Schemes*....

Bike
    none...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big McJim View Post
    Good news folks - Searchin' sorted himself out with a set of wheels - he weighed up the pros and cons and bought himself a........VTR 250!

Common sense prevailled eh?

Fella lives in Hunua (where we stopped for the rainy smoko on Saturday) if we'd known we coulda popped in for a cup of tea out the rain eh?

Mibbe next time.

nice good choice...now you'll have a playmate...i meant in a riding sense of course...on motorbikes!!!...SEPERATELY!!!!!...geez dont be so sensative.

haha
    Quote Buddy L:"The bike's like BOOM, the motor's like BOOM!
    the exhaust is like....b-BANG!!
    the whole bike's like WAAAAEEEEEEHH!!!"

Thread Information