Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt - 'RUN FMX' - How not to wheelie video

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX View Post
    you can see him go for the rear brake after he has started coming back down, speeds up the return to the ground but doesnt initiate it
    I watched it ova and ova again and it's too debateable imo. He did move his right foot in conjuction to when the bike started coming forward again, so based on that the best guess was that it was the rear break that helped NOT the engine.

I think Fizzerman was right about once it goes ova too far shutting off the throttle won't help, when it gets to that stage ONLY the rear brake will help.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post

I think Fizzerman was right about once it goes ova too far shutting off the throttle won't help, when it gets to that stage ONLY the rear brake will help.
    The variables involved and the underlying physics would discredit that assumption, if one is going over very fast then maybe but the CoM is well above the pivot point and still has alot of momentum doing a wheelie (other than very slow work) and regaining control from 1 oclock etc should be possible just shutting the throttle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheelies.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	43269  

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX View Post
    The variables involved and the underlying physics would discredit that assumption, if one is going over very fast then maybe but the CoM is well above the pivot point and still has alot of momentum doing a wheelie (other than very slow work) and regaining control from 1 oclock etc should be possible just shutting the throttle
    Well if that is correct I think the vid you posted is a poor example of it, not clear enough with the rear brake.

I don't disagree with what you said in your original post about the 2 stroke though.

Bike
    _
    here is a progressive pic of the same fella (steve gregor)... his first backflip to dirt.

good stuff!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backflip Dirt.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	44540  
    "Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Thread Information