Thread: cooling

Bike
    Tyre Shredder

cooling

I just got my vt250 back after replacing the engine but it seems to just heat up very fast very hot. It is a bit worrying and so is there any difference between the vt250f and vtr250 engines that i should be aware of that might be causing this if not what could be the problem i flushed the radiator out when replacing the engine and so am at a loss at what it could be.

Bike
    RF900

Lightbulb

you know the basics? well maybe not?
    air locks my bike has engine drain plugs two its not sufficient to drop a hose and refill you must bleed the system run for 15mins with the cap off then top up again or the air lock pressurises the system and pushes all the good stuff out the overflow.

has your bike got an electric fan? does it work?.
    is your head gasket ok? the bubbles or foaming in the radiator header means oh dear!

you can get a co2 test done hydro carbons in you water

any milk in your oil?

is the water pump ok? some have a bleed hole if oil comes out the engine seal to pump is stuffed if water comes out the water pump seal to engine side is stuffed. if its noisey the pump vanes are stuffed.

what about a new rad cap?

you must use an antifreeze not to stop ice it also has a higher boiling point and contains important lubricants

30% ratio minimum and its cheapish.

how is it?
    Your never to old for a sportsbike

Bike
    Not many, if any
    Good advice!

so good infact that i myself was gonig to say the exact same.. :P well.. maybe not htat much, but yes the flushing/bleeding of the radiator is needed

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Cheers guys i dunno . I fully flushed out the radiator when putting the new engine in  the mechanic had to swop over the ingnition pick-up flywheel and so i brought oil and antifreeze and got them to sort it all out like setting up the radiator .....or so i thought. I found out it might be the fan but i had a fiddle got it working so we'll see tomorrow. The engine also vibrates and losses power between 6 to 9000 revs so much for them sending me on my way with a fully functional bike sheeeesh. Oh well that's my rave for the moment thanks for the advice

Bike
    Not many, if any
    hmm, bike workshops eh

My New Advice for You?

Go Buy a Gun, Yes, a BIG one.. Cut a hole in the side of ur bike... park sideways right outside the shop... poke gun thru hole.. You know the rest

ahh well man, thats why i do it all myself, at least i know of all the butcher jobs i do and can remember what was done and why certain things happen on my bike.. the only difference between my bike and urs is i didnt pay someone to do bodgey jobs on it, so therefore i know what they are :P hahaha - i recently heard some bad-word about mt eden motorcycles workshop dude too.. from a mate @ work with a '94 YZF750SP1

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Bunch of yahoo's is all  i have to say so i'm gonna go lay down the word i think i figured out whats wrong but they gonna fix it or else hahahahahahahahahahaha might take up your suggestion kwaka hahaha. I put the engine in myself with the help of coldkiwi and the only reason i took it in to them is because i don't have access to one of those pneumatic drill gun thingy's to take ingnition flywheel off the crank. Does anyone know of any good bikeshops that don't dick you around even if your bike deserves to be put on the wrecking list

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Go see Brent at Spectrum Motorcycles just off Barrys Point Road on the North Shore - he'll look after you

Bike
    RF900

Question

Hey that power loss? is the bike resticted? and you disconnected the speedo?
    The clever nips put a fail safe killer on the speedo sender at about 6K On some set ups I heard? Might have been pissed at the time.

Your never to old for a sportsbike

Bike
    Not many, if any
    yep my RVF400 (when i get it) has one... if speedo is connected it tops out @ 180.. if it isnt.. they scared u might try go over that i guess so after 5500rpm it splutters hardcore.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Originally posted by Kwaka-Kid

- i recently heard some bad-word about mt eden motorcycles workshop dude too.. from a mate @ work with a '94 YZF750SP1
    Thats not the guy with the Canadian model - with purple wheels ? Didnt he have trouble with Red Baron as well? Only person who can tune them right Ive found, is Dave Cole. Used to be at Haldanes but now he works from home (Waiuku)

Bugger!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Not many, if any
    it might be! not sure. the dudes names bruno... and he mentioned taking it to red baron too and yeah i think he had some trouble? i cant fully remember everything really bad memory

Thread Information