Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omg.....!

Bike
    Nothing, broke it, no $$ for a new one
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derosso View Post
    Please dont tell me you actually let your cat sleep on your bike seat ??!!
    No, she was just investigating it the weekend we bought it. Once she heard the noise it made, she wasn't so keen on going anywhere near it! LOL. Wouldn't be a problem if she did tho, she's not into clawing stuff.

Cheers and say hi to Puss for me.
    Done (said 'hi' to the other 3 too so they didn't feel left out )
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Bike
    2003 VN800 Kawasaki
    She sure is beauiful. I have a TShell lady (bossy in her old age) Shes just in the picture on my profile picture. Should take one with her on the handlebars and in a leather cap... remember Ruffish? Sad day when him and owners got killed up Taranaki way years ago.

I am actually very interested in what this thread is about. I learnt by trail riding back in the early 70's and have always leaned into corners and I also use my knees to shift weight around as I slide into corners like you see racers doing. I dont hang off the bike as I would consider that a last resort for overspeeding into a corner, but do provide more information on getting around some of those extreme Taka corners as I have been more of a crusier than a protential bruiser.
    Then came the day when cages were confined to zoos.. and the bipedals ruled the earth again.. Tu@ advt # 666 Return of the beasties

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    think you mean rastus.
    one of my 3 cats sleeps on the bike, but i dont have a clue which one! LOL. often come out and find cat hair all over the tank. my girl often gets up there in the summer when the bikes been sitting for a bit...warm seat.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by judecatmad View Post
    I tried the countersteering thing today...and whaddya know, it works, it really works! LOL

I was somewhat skeptical when I read up about it during the week, and somewhat nervous about giving it a go (corners and me don't really get along that well), but woo hoo! A new and easier way of going around corners!!

OK, that's me over and done with Make fun of me at your leisure!
    Hey JCM, good for you for trying it out.
    It takes a lot of the work out of riding when you get some good technique happening. You might also consider signing up for the mentoring program on KB as there are heaps of skilled riders who can help out and teach you guys some good habits early.
    Keep up the good work
    Mack

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you're just not paying attention!"
    "There is no limit to dumb."

"Resolve to live with all your might while you do live, and as you shall wish you had done ten thousand years hence."

Bike
    Nothing, broke it, no $$ for a new one
    Quote Originally Posted by Macktheknife View Post
    Hey JCM, good for you for trying it out.
    It takes a lot of the work out of riding when you get some good technique happening. You might also consider signing up for the mentoring program on KB as there are heaps of skilled riders who can help out and teach you guys some good habits early.
    Keep up the good work
    Mack
    I wondered about the mentor thing but I couldn't figure out how to register my interest and I felt like a d!ck asking, cos there's been so much explanation around the site about how to request a mentor
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    I wondered about the mentor thing but I couldn't figure out how to register my interest and I felt like a d!ck asking, cos there's been so much explanation around the site about how to request a mentor
    You live in Upper Hutt? I will go and look up the Mentor List and find the one nearest you.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Okay

riffer seems to be the only Mentor in Upper Hutt.

Jim2 and Uncle B are in Lower Hutt - I'm from Scotland so I've no idea where these places are or how far apart they are.

Now all you need to do is send a Private Message to riffer and ask if he'll Mentor you - I did this with M1CRO coz he's closest to where I live. Learnt loads from him already and that was just in one day.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger
    Hey JCM,
    You could try contacting Riffer, UncleB or Jim2 for some tips and time for mentoring. They are all in your general neck of the woods I think.
    Never be be worried about making a dick of yourself, I do it all the time! lol
    Besides which you really would feel a dick if you had an accident or damaged your bike/self because you were too embarrased to ask a question huh?
    We all started out knowing next to nothing and had loads of help on the way, thats why motorcycling has a real spirit of community about it.
    (edit: Well done Mcjim, just saw your post!)
    Enjoy
    Mack

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you're just not paying attention!"
    "There is no limit to dumb."

"Resolve to live with all your might while you do live, and as you shall wish you had done ten thousand years hence."

Thread Information