Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CDMTCI Annual Manfeild Open Day 2007

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ajturbo View Post
    should be there with both luke and me... on the buckets....to "TEST" stuff... like how late i can break before i fall off, and ....
    I'll be there for you to lap...

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Lose something after CDMTCI track day?

Andy spotted something lying on the side of the road between Feilding and Sanson on his way home from the Central Districts Motorcycle Touring Club Inc's track day at Manfeild today (January 13). They don't call him eagle-eyes for nothing!

For obvious reasons, I won't be disclosing what said object is, suffice to say it is possibly motorcycle related and therefore may or may not have been dropped by someone attending the track day.

If you have got home and thought "shit! lost my (whatever) that I use all the time", please send me a private message and describe what you have lost. A full description, including colour and condition of said object, will be required before it will be handed over!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Thanks CDMTCI for a fun day, after a slow start with sign on and working out what was going to be the standard for bike and helmet checks , everything worked out just fine.
    Hard work getting those sticky leathers on and off each time with the hot temps.

Anyway , well done , even if I did shag another set of tyres !!!!! Gaz.

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    I'll be there for you to lap...
    didn't quite get to lap ya... tried so hard... but was a bit of a nananana around most of the corners.. but my braking was ok eh....

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Cheers CDMTCI for putting that on. Well organised and run. My bike was scrutinised before I even realised it. Great value too. Shame about my bike being too loud but hey rules are rules. I've fit a baffle to it now though so it all should be good for the 4th March

Cheers again.
    Superdukes. Serving up shame to sportsbikes since ages ago.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Yep, cheers CDMTCI for that. I'll be back on the 4th of March too. Thanks to the marshalls for the flag waving stuff too.
    Posted some pics in Kendogs photo thread.

Bike
    2000 Honda CBR600F4, RG50/GL145 Bucket
    (My thanx to the club is in the other thread) but wasn't the heat a real killer yesterday!

For those of you riding back to Welly and wondering why you couldn't get coold and then suddenly at Paekak getting blessed relief, at 1600 yesterday (stats courtesy of Metservice)...

- Palmerston North 28 deg C
    - Levin 26 deg C
    - Wellington 20 deg C (what a relief that was!)

Nasty 'n' I had to have a jackets-off break and lie on the cool damp grass in Waikanae just to chill ... nice to lie there and wave at all the hot KBers going past

Brett

Bike
    GSX-R600 K6, 07 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    (My thanx to the club is in the other thread) but wasn't the heat a real killer yesterday!

For those of you riding back to Welly and wondering why you couldn't get coold and then suddenly at Paekak getting blessed relief, at 1600 yesterday (stats courtesy of Metservice)...

- Palmerston North 28 deg C
    - Levin 26 deg C
    - Wellington 20 deg C (what a relief that was!)

Nasty 'n' I had to have a jackets-off break and lie on the cool damp grass in Waikanae just to chill ... nice to lie there and wave at all the hot KBers going past

Brett
    Don't believe it!! We rode back to Taupo and on the Desert Road (1700hrs) there was wind and rain you wouldn't believe!! Wish I didn't have my pack on the back as it was like a huge sail. I thought it was probably less than 5 deg C and I bet RM125king thought it was less!! Got quite dark too.

Thanks for a great event Busted and the rest of the crew. Well organised yet very friendly, anformal and enjoyable atmosphere!! We'd be keen to do your 2nd event in March!!

Bike
    06 Ducati Monster S4RS, 04 Ducati 749R
    I also want to express my big thanks to CDMTCI for running this event. It will have been a long hot day for the organisers and helpers who had to stand around in the hot sun while we had fun out there - much appreciated.
    pretentious moi?

Bike
    2007 ZX6R Racebike
    Quote Originally Posted by Leong View Post
    We rode back to Taupo and on the Desert Road (1700hrs) there was wind and rain you wouldn't believe!!
    It was a nice cool change and the wind was a little challenging but the fog was still above ground level. Although the sight of a soldier in full Camo trying to cross the road caught me by surprise

Thanks to CDMTCI for organising a great day... obviously learnt a few things from last year's effort and was very impressed with the turn-out. Looking forward to the next one...

Bike
    '06 ZX6R with Flames!

Your all Welcome

Cheers to you all for the positive feed back.

Trust me the day's not a chore when it runs as well as it did yesterday and every one goes home happy. Makes it all very worth while indeed.

Look forward to seeing you all back on deck on Sunday March the 4th for another great day. Here's hoping for cooler weather mind you.

Cheers people.
    Cheers Busted #66
    "If I make it out the drive Its a good day!"

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    Levin 26 deg C
    It was actually 29C on the news in Levin and trust me, it was a damned sight hotter than that in reality! I was there and had every door and window in the house open and there was NO breeze at all. No sun for most of the day either, so I couln't even shut the curtains to cool the house. We live on top of a ridge so it was stinking hot. Humidity was 99% and inside temperature was in the 30s...

Hopefully I will be at the next track day and it will be a bit cooler, I was certainly pleased NOT to be wandering around in bike gear in that heat!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Busted View Post

Look forward to seeing you all back on deck on Sunday March the 4th for another great day.
    Cheers people.
    Missed this one Busted, but March 4th sounds great.
    I was asked if I wanted to do the Gut Buster in Wellington, but heck that sounds like a fitness thing (and I'm doing enough of those this year!).

So, March 4th it is MANFEILD.
    I will encourage a few lads (from base) to come along too.

Bike
    Buell XB12
    Will they let bulls out on the track without mirrors do ya know?
    I've got a pair of gloves with the ends torn out of them. but thats only for cooling.!!
    I've only got 45* between my V's, will that be a disadvantage on the track, cause I see we have some really good experts saying like 62* or 90* is better.
    Does 90* degrees give twice as much power as a 45* V??
    Just wondring ?? I don't want to imbarress myself.
    Cautiously optomistic there will be some corners on the track.
    If there are corners to ride, I'm be tearing rubber!

Bike
    '06 ZX6R with Flames!
    Would suggest you buy some full finger motorcycle gloves prior to the track day if you dont wish to be turned away.

As for your other comments, I dont think they require a serious answer.

Cheers
    Cheers Busted #66
    "If I make it out the drive Its a good day!"

Thread Information