Page 284 of 429 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 6423

Thread: South Auckland Thursday Night Ride

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Thani-B If I have to ride a bloody pony I WILL make it to one or both of the next two rides, can't have you leaving town without a decent send off!
    Good to hear that there was a ride tonight, happy i stayed home but, cams timed tappets done engine sealed up and awaiting installation into not yet reassembled frame.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    orange, light, loud: all i need
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVVIL View Post
    Well 4 turned up tonight
    idleidolidyll That was a good pace mate used 22ltrs of gas in 200ks

really? My GPS says I averaged 81kph while moving and did 218kms (from my home in Manukau).
    I didn't gas it up much and I'd be surprised if I used more than 14 or 15 litres. I'll fill up later and let you know.

Loved the roads, hey saw you Nealy have some rabbit,cat and possum stew on the way back on 22

Yeah, friggin rabbit crossed the road in front of me then decided to make a dash back home again. I had to swerve a little to avoid rabbit stew. I tried to keep the bike directly upright as I was pretty sure i was gonna run the little bugger over.

I take it the others found you at the turn off to the muddy

Yeah, I waited and made sure they knew the way home.
    Thani hope to see you next......
    Route:

Turn off southern Mway at Drury. Turn right and ride under Mway onto Karaka Rd. Turn 1st left on Great South Rd and then right onto Runciman Rd.
    Follow Runciman rd to its end and turn left on Pukekohe East Rd/Mill Rd and turn right after a couple of kms onto Harrisville Rd. Go about 200 metres and turn left onto Jericho Rd. Follow Jericho for about 5km. After the very sharp left hander, continue for a few hundred metres and veer right with Jericho Rd rather than going straight ahead on Beaver Rd (follow the centre line around the R/H curve).
    Jericho Rd ends at Harrisville Rd. Turn left and follow that all the way through Tuakau town centre. At the intersection, turn left onto Buckland Rd/George St/River Rd (the road changes name depending on location) and follow that road until you cross the Waikato River over the Tuakau Bridge.
    Turn left after the bridge and you are on SH22. Follow that for around 25km and turn left onto Glen Murray Rd. This is the tight twisty road that winds around Lake Whangapu.
    Follow that road for about another 10km and when the road comes out on the flatland, watch for the turn off onto Rotongaro Rd on your right.
    Follow that road until you hit an intersection where you'll have to stop. Turn right onto Hetherington Rd and after just about 100 metres, turn left onto Waikokowai Rd (there's a hall or something on that corner).
    10km or so later you'll have to stop at another intersection in the small town of Waikokowai. Turn left and follow past the Rotowaro coal mine (open cast). You'll hit another intersection. At that point, if you go left, you'll end up in Huntly. We turned right toward Waignaro on Rotowaro Rd. Follow that road until you hit the next intersection. The road ahead is Waignaro Rd and going left takes you toward Ngarawahia. We turned right to Waignaro Hot Springs and stopped just after the Hot Springs where the road heads back toward Tuakau on SH22. Where we stopped, the other road goes toward Raglan and is a wonderful twisty road with tricky corners.
    We then pretty much followed that road back to Pukekawa where I stopped at the Mercer turnoff to wait for the others.

I'd post a Google Map or my Garmin GPS map address but I don't trust the pigs who would use any overtaking speeds we may have hit to prosecute (its been done before when people posted videos etc).

If you want that detail (map with lots more detail, pm me). I'll only send that to those on the ride or those I know very well.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVVIL View Post
    Well 4 turned up tonight
    idleidolidyll That was a good pace mate used 22ltrs of gas in 200ks
    Just filled up: mine used 13.9 litres in 210km (roughly 15km per litre which is about normal for me at an easy pace)

That's one thirsty VStrom you have!
    9km per litre; that's about what the wifes 20 year old Toyota gets

Bike
    2003,Kawasaki ZX-9R
    Thanks for leading the ride Idleidolidyll . Hope I didn't hold you up too much,at least nobody binned. Some really awesome roads out that way. Would appreciate a map of the route if you would pm it to me.

Bike
    2010 Honda Predator
    Thanks for the ride fellas, hope I didn't hold anyone up too much. Idle...top man for waiting and making sure that I got home in the dark. Note to self...remember to bring a clear visor when riding unknown pitch black roads!!! Thanks again guys.

Bike
    FJR1300
    Blog Entries

idleidolidyll

"really? My GPS says I averaged 81kph while moving and did 218kms (from my home in Manukau).
    I didn't gas it up much and I'd be surprised if I used more than 14 or 15 liters. I'll fill up later and let you know."

Wow I don't have a fancy GPS thingy lol and yes I fulled at 19th hole(pressed the reset odo) rode to Drury Karaka back to the Auto Barn...Did the ride and back to Patumahoe and the bike says 200ks well 196 but who's counting No my bike didn't use all the gas but did say empty(must have a few liters left)But yes I did have to cane it to keep up
    Thanks for not going to fast I really had fun....
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    V-Stroms look like an accident in a heat pump factory.

Bike
    Blog Entries

Is Thani shouting this Thursday?

Last couple of rides with us for Thani, can't let her slip away without extracting beer can we?

I'm planning on riding Thursday

Bike
    Ninjaaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by idleidolidyll View Post
    Last couple of rides with us for Thani, can't let her slip away without extracting beer can we?

I'm planning on riding Thursday
    Lol, good luck with that. All my money has gone towards buying diving gear. Not cheap that stuff.

Fortnightly Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Cr1MiNaL View Post
    sigh, people with big mouths on here are always the ones with little or no skill.
    Roffle

Bike
    Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by idleidolidyll View Post
    ... I'm planning on riding Thursday
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Thani-B View Post
    Lol, good luck with that. All my money has gone towards buying diving gear. Not cheap that stuff.
    Yes, but will you be riding tomorrow?

Bike

Thumbs up

Me too! Shout? did I hear right?

Bike
    Ninjaaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by DidJit View Post

Yes, but will you be riding tomorrow?
    If all goes according to plan, yes.
    If all doesn't go according to plan, I might meet you at the pub.
    But all should go according to plan.

Fortnightly Adventures

sigh, people with big mouths on here are always the ones with little or no skill.
    Roffle

Bike
    Ninjaaaa!
    I'm so tired
    Anyone want to pick me up and take me on the back?
    I'm a good pillion I swear!

Fortnightly Adventures

Roffle

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    dam.. completly forgot..!
    been drinking and so will not be riding...

WARNING..

one day I WILL remember

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike

Thumbs up

Well I didn't forget, I just got too carried away wiht the ramp my boss and I were buiulding. We stopped and then had a couple of quieties, aftger that I got home and camped, not worht finding Mr Plod, even on a nice nikght. Thani, hope you got out an about tonight and please tell me you're going to be out next Thursday.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    4 bikes turned up and 4 bikes stopped at Kaiaua for a natter and a drink.

Stu; the road after we popped out of Ponga Rd was great; it's been so long since I rode it I'd forgotten it was even there.

The coast road to Kaiaua is in really bad condition: mud all over the road and more slips than I've ever seen. I spun the back wheel up on the slippery stuff a couple of times.

The hill over to Orere Point was also a bit messy; most of the slips had been cleared up but there was quite a bit of slimy clay on the road so be careful; that's where I spun the back wheel the hardest; the bike stepped out a fair way as I powered on coming out of a bend.

Thread Information