Page 292 of 429 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 6423

Thread: South Auckland Thursday Night Ride

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

And you'd know how???????????? huh, huh, HUH!!!!!!!!! hey mate, don't tell me you made a ride and there was actually NO ONE THERE!
    Cripes, you loot we'd better pick up our socks or o'l jafar will be spitting tacks.
    Sorry we missed ya mate.Next week aye.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    And you'd know how???????????? huh, huh, HUH!!!!!!!!! hey mate, don't tell me you made a ride and there was actually NO ONE THERE!
    Cripes, you loot we'd better pick up our socks or o'l jafar will be spitting tacks.
    Sorry we missed ya mate.Next week aye.
    I'll see how I go for next week mate
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    It didn't rain
    Don't you just love Auckland's localised weather!

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DidJit View Post
    Don't you just love Auckland's localised weather!
    Yep I do, almost as much as I admire the dedication of the riders in the SATNR

MONEYI don't have any
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    Yep I do, almost as much as I admire the dedication of the riders in the SATNR
    Know the feeling. I'm just as guilty as the others these days though. Hopefully, we get some good weather soon to entice everyone out again.

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Know the feeling. I'm just as guilty as the others these days though. Hopefully, we get some good weather soon to entice everyone out again.
    We are coming into winter, good weather will be less & less over the next few months. If you want to entice riders to come to the ride you need to make it attactive to them. Post up Pic's of where you guys have been on the ride & some talk of where you would like to go in the future. Make it interesting for the newby's that want to come.
    There is little reason for someone to just rock up when there is an even chance that the regulars havn't bothered to come cos it's to wet, to cold, the wife said etc. No one is going to bother taking the trip from town to find they are the only ones there.

MONEYI don't have any
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    Italian
    An indication of participation is also appreciated. And thus, if the weather is still ok by 6:30pm tonight, you will find me waiting at the Autobahn ready to do a South Auckland Thursday Night Ride.

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    i cannot find my clear visor

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike

Thumbs up

I'm knackered and the Wife has her/my 400 at work so not to nite Harriett.Have fun guys going to be a beautiful night for it.

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    An indication of participation is also appreciated. And thus, if the weather is still ok by 6:30pm tonight, you will find me waiting at the Autobahn ready to do a South Auckland Thursday Night Ride.
    It was great to see you @ the autobahn last night mate

Next time I might even have my bike with me

MONEYI don't have any
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    Italian
    Likewise, mate. I ended up doing one of the ol' favourite SATNR routes: Ponga Rd (fuck me, it's been a while since I've done that road! Technical much?!? Then add in Night...); John Hill – Monument Rds (half of which is just dirt at the moment while it's being resealed); Clevedon – Kawakawa – Kaiaua – Mangatangi (can anyone say, "fog & mist"?); then back home through the Drury Hills.

Had a HUGE moment coming down Ararimu Rd: it's misty, the odd car's coming the other way, so I'm taking it easy (even more than usual); coming through a right-hander and wouldn't ya know it — there's fresh effluent right across the road (and I mean right across, not just a patty you can ride around; a fuckin' stream of shit).

So, I'm making my way through this right-hander, got nowhere to go but through (don't even have time to stand the bike up, only just enough time to register what's coming); the front hits the effluent, immediately slides, collapses (I'm fairly certain I felt the bars lock, albeit briefly) and I'm thinking, "Ah, fuck..." while watching the effluent-stained road coming up at me... then the front tyre reaches dry asphalt, gains traction, the bike goes into a bit of a slapper and I'm coasting down the road before I know what's going on.

Needless to say I was thanking everyone and everything I could think of.

And it's amazing that all of this happened within a second. Seemed like a lot longer at the time.

I've replayed it over & over in my mind trying to see if I have a case to answer for before Katman. I was already going slower than usual due to conditions and traffic, I was halfway through the corner cranked over — the effluent was just situated in a blind part of the corner and was right across the road... What could I have done differently? Not gone out is about all I can think of.

So take care out there, people — sometimes shit happens (literally in this case) and there ain't anything you can do except grip the tank harder ('cos your sphincter's just gone mental), keep the arms loose, ride through it and let the bike sort it out. 'Cos that's pretty much what happened in this case.

So yeah, just another SATNR really.

Bike

Thumbs up

They say "Misery Loves company" probably would have followed you straight into the crap and fallen off if I'd have been out mate.
    Good to hear you were taking precautions and I'm pretty sure that that's why you are telling us about it and not banged up in Hossipital.
    I know how you ride, it's good and confident, a thing like this can make you think good and hard and hopefully arm you with enough info to avoid it happening again, in this case LOOK where you can't see.! Te he he sounding like Ol KM already.
    Glad yer OK mate.

Bike
    Suzuki Bandit 09
    Hey Didjit, long time no hear. Just read your last post and kudos for making it through a shitty situation and coming out the other side clean, even if you had to change your pants when you got home . Indeed good advice, I'm guilty of tensing up in similar situations and try to tell myself to keep the arms loose.

Anyway - When you coming down next?

Bike
    Italian
    Thanks for the encouraging words, fellas. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by waitup View Post
    Anyway - When you coming down next?
    Not too sure, bro. Next 2 weekends are already booked up, but I'll be sure to let you know when we're in your 'hood. Or even if we're heading anywhere remotely near ya. We still have to do that Rotorua Lakes run one of these days too.

Bike
    Italian
    Won't be there tonight, fellas. Y'all have a good'un.

Thread Information