Page 348 of 429 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 6423

Thread: South Auckland Thursday Night Ride

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    new tires ordered, I hope to have things under control for Thursday, Been a shocking week with a leaking hot water cylinder and blown workshop mower motor on Thursday just gone thrown in....

No riding this weekend as I worked most of it and said farewell to an old friend who has been MIA for a year now so I will be hanging out for a ride, figures crossed all goes to plan
    Hope this week improves for you.
    last weeks ride was short due to very slippery roads Sth of Bombay. So did a Waikato LOR to make up for it.
    not sure about this week.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Hope this week improves for you.
    last weeks ride was short due to very slippery roads Sth of Bombay. So did a Waikato LOR to make up for it.
    not sure about this week.
    You will still be cleaning your bike come Thursday.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    You will still be cleaning your bike come Thursday.
    dont remind me.
    I didn't bother to clean it when I got home. - naughty
    I did promise myself to clean the car, vacuum and wash the inside car windows too. Damned riding taking up too much housework time

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    All things being equal I should have new front 888 on wifey's bike, so just might take it out to scrub it in this Thursday.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    All things being equal I should have new front 888 on wifey's bike, so just might take it out to scrub it in this Thursday.
    Things never equal.
    I thought the same thing 2 weeks ago on another project got all the ducks in a row 2 weeks and still waiting.

Leather took us on a tight and twisty ride. Not quite the direction I imagined at the rider briefing, but still well worth it after quite a few months of crappie customers at work.

I got one of those famous lemon lime bitter handles you like do well.

Pretty sure Leather missed your presence.
    And I wanted to compare bike handling.

Marvellous bit of riding on those tyres. Might just get the same when I upgrade.

See you this week I guess.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    The Night Dragon did well for a tire that was well past its best!

Probably shouldn't have been riding on them though as they started to part layers where I cooked them, also found a decent gash where a hit a broken bottle, i had seen the cut in the front that wasn't bad..... the rear cut was worse, not too flash!

New tires ready to fit

All sorted now

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Looks a little too organised.
    Great to see you did get the tyres... eventually.

Down at the Classic bikes at Taupo. Good to see some older bikes on the track.

Esp like the side cars myself

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Well did get the tyres on wifeys bike, but got home too late to come out. So took off for Rotten Vegas to see me dad today on da Bandit. New GT Angels from Pirelli on her and what a difference having good grippy rubber on makes.
    Got those shoes on the ol girl Leathel?
    Taste bloody awful after the first one, but for now it's all I'm having, tried Cranberry juice with Sprite Zero the other day, morning after hair lip just like I'd been on the turps all night, can't win.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Well did get the tyres on wifeys bike, but got home too late to come out. So took off for Rotten Vegas to see me dad today on da Bandit. New GT Angels from Pirelli on her and what a difference having good grippy rubber on makes.
    Got those shoes on the ol girl Leathel?
    Taste bloody awful after the first one, but for now it's all I'm having, tried Cranberry juice with Sprite Zero the other day, morning after hair lip just like I'd been on the turps all night, can't win.
    Was at RotoVegas last month for conference/party
    Not much beats rum or southern comfort
    Let's see how those bandit feet work in the cold wet tar bleed

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    A beaut day followed by a nice wee pootle down country lanes, some I haven't travelled for a wee while.

Nice to meet Bass, I enjoyed the ride, first time I have felt comfortable with the front for a wee while. You might want to check out your front light on low, it didn't seem to cast much light about, maybe it's set for 2up? (I just remembered)

Wasnt going to turn up as I planned a 1200 k trip over the weekend, but other commitments
    Glad I did, nice to be out.....

Luckily we missed the rain (in the pub) and it had stopped when we departed again.

Obviously you had to have old tyres to be out tonight

and Awa the bike did get a little cleaner tonight

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    You might want to check out your front light on low, it didn't seem to cast much light about, maybe it's set for 2up? (I just remembered)
    Pleasant evening but I need to do more night riding. Was only just starting to settle in.

Was pretty happy with the light set up from where I was sitting. Was definitely better than than BMW's first attempt.

Anyway, jacking the arse up and down is just a pause and a flick of the switch. I do enjoy some of these mod cons.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    It would be been a good night to ride and I had the new tires fitted...... My week had been nuts and I didn't realize it was Thursday until I was about to leave work..... and my Bike was boxed in behind far to many vehicles to shift, I also had all the tools with me to finish putting the hot water cupboard back together (replaced the cylinder Saturday)..... not that I got that done as the a door hinge broke.... so should have been riding :P

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    It would be been a good night to ride and I had the new tires fitted...... My week had been nuts and I didn't realize it was Thursday until I was about to leave work..... and my Bike was boxed in behind far to many vehicles to shift, I also had all the tools with me to finish putting the hot water cupboard back together (replaced the cylinder Saturday)..... not that I got that done as the a door hinge broke.... so should have been riding :P
    No worries, it has been hectic the past couple of months.
    i learnt my lesson a while back, if you even remotely think you might go for a ride, get the bike sorted before ride night. LOL

last year one of my HWC low pressure regulator blew, water all over the place, lucky the main relief operated and dumped a lot more water out through the outside drain. Insurance covered all the repairs but not the cylinder (wear and tear).

and I thought I was the only one with a middle name of Murphy.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    Pleasant evening but I need to do more night riding. Was only just starting to settle in.

Was pretty happy with the light set up from where I was sitting. Was definitely better than than BMW's first attempt.

Anyway, jacking the arse up and down is just a pause and a flick of the switch. I do enjoy some of these mod cons.
    Looked like you could have done with the light shining further ahead.

I don't think I can adjust the bike that easily

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2001,honda cbr929

Red face

If you can check on this tread Thursday arvo as most post if they are going (well some do)

Weather looks OK but I am short staffed this week so not sure if I will make it this week..... but weekend is looking like it might be wet so I might try to get out

Just arrive 6:30ish and park outside the Autobahn near the BP end (if there is room) as that is where we mostly park
    hey

thanks for the info. can I ask you to give me the address/contact number easier for me to meet you guys at the right spot, and well looking forward to meet you probably on the the 28th of april if its on.

cheers

Thread Information