Page 365 of 429 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 6423

Thread: South Auckland Thursday Night Ride

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Missed the ride due to work and a small technical hitch. So I arrived late, never mind, went for a wee pootle weather was much better than the rain I had on the way home from work.

still a good ride.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2017 Low Rider S

Thursday 2nd March

Have new bike will ride!

Chaps, I'm working from home tomorrow so keen to hook up for a blat with you, same bat time, same bat place.

Any starters?

PS. Sorted my old handle out now, so G.R.I.Z. is no more.....Ozzie by birth, Ozzie by nature
    Life is a like a box of chocolates; People are like Onions; The key to success is.......

Fuck it, let's ride!

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Busy week but I think I should be able to fit in a ride

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Have new bike will ride!

Chaps, I'm working from home tomorrow so keen to hook up for a blat with you, same bat time, same bat place.

Any starters?

PS. Sorted my old handle out now, so G.R.I.Z. is no more.....Ozzie by birth, Ozzie by nature
    Hey Oz, I'm in, just got back form the Coro Loop today, had some doors to measure up in Whitianga, so told boss I was taking da Moped. He was happy an so was Me.
    Still the worst thing out there is a bloody Hardly on my side again#$%@!, missed him by days.
    See you ugly buggers tomorrow.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    If I can get my ass off the couch I'm coming. No motivation.
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    That bigger tank will get you going next week Old fella. Great roads ride leader, another fine night of pleasant poolteling about the countryside. Mixed bag of motorcycles including a brand new Harely Low Rider S, noice bike.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    I too was thankful I managed to get home and off the couch

I enjoyed the ride everyone.

Handy to know about fuel stops with card access, for those late night/early morning pootles

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Twas a good trundle, Shame we didn't stop for those great scenic photo ops, but time was ticking on and getting to Muddy before the kitchen closed was the aim....and we managed to get our food orders in before it closed....just

I look forward to the day those back country servo's get 24 hour card access as that will open up new territory for out of hours rides.....

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    09/03/2017 Ride report

I have summarised the ride report to the following.

Apologies:

The Couch Potato Gang was unable to attend - no reason given - will need to explain

Leathel et al - unable to attend due to work and/or other commitments - accepted

Minutes: There were a few minutes wasted waiting for the rest of you

Preride talk: Was quite interesting - all about bikes and how different people upgrade their rides.

Ride: Introductory ride for the new member - so not as long as std

RIC - had no idea where the ride was going (I have the same problem following the normal ride)
    We dodged the rain and took in some quite nice scenery (not literally) and cloud formations
    Plenty of curves and some slippery parts of the road from washouts and pine needles

Note for Munster: Your favourite bit of road has some small amounts of road metal washed across it.
    There are long rows of pine needles in the middle of the lanes on a couple of bends (pine trees each side of the road)
    There is a hidden washout on the end downhill run (approx. 1m in on the left hand side x 20m long - could be difficult to see in the dark
    - but some clever spark has put out a shit load of road cones and made a nice job of it too.

Ride was enjoyed - I actually got to read some of the road signs - normally just a blur

Stopped at the usual for more chin wagging - all bike stuff - I learnt something which was cool
    Meeting closed

We agreed to meet again next week

Then as the clouds closed in, we rode back along the return route, covering both lanes it was cool.

Got home and reminded myself, must clean bike, helmet - nah there's always next week - it might rain.

So once again - those who listen to the weather forecast and don't look out the window, you missed an opportunity to ride again.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    good on you for getting out, If you went passed work at the end of the ride I was likely still there.....shortest day this week was 12 hrs so far with some closer to 15, might get out slightly shorter today.

I figured the roads would be a little littered with shit... but even on a fine day I was busy...getting a job ready for its cert, the certifier arrived today and didn't even look at the car, was happy with what he saw last week, so why not give me the paperwork then and I finish the "make it look pretty" work when I had more time?????

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    good on you for getting out, If you went passed work at the end of the ride I was likely still there.....shortest day this week was 12 hrs so far with some closer to 15, might get out slightly shorter today.

I figured the roads would be a little littered with shit... but even on a fine day I was busy...getting a job ready for its cert, the certifier arrived today and didn't even look at the car, was happy with what he saw last week, so why not give me the paperwork then and I finish the "make it look pretty" work when I had more time?????
    Cool, I expected that you might be busy

Work must take priority - it pays the bills - how else can we afford a motorbike?
    Been doing a few all weekend jobs for the past month or two. Got some more to do as well.
    Now it is starting to pay off.

It just means he has more excuse to come and see you (travel out of office)

We didn't go past you as the RIC - thought maybe next week we would go that way - maybe, if he doesn't get lost first.

Other rider was getting his mbike legs back after quite a few years and its a much bigger bike than he's used to.

We took it easy.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    No excuses me Lard! Vhickened out is all I can say. Looking forward to attending next week.
    Thanks for taking on the RL's and TEC's responsibilities all in one go and good on you for entertaing and shepherding the newbie all the way around a pretty hairy sounding course.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    It was easy being only a couple of us.

I have had the best of teachers past and present.

Got to be able to stand on my own sooner or later, so when I start doing the longer rides again. It's sweet.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    09/03/2017 Ride report

I have summarised the ride report to the following.

Apologies:

The Couch Potato Gang was unable to attend - no reason given - will need to explain

Leathel et al - unable to attend due to work and/or other commitments - accepted

Minutes: There were a few minutes wasted waiting for the rest of you

Preride talk: Was quite interesting - all about bikes and how different people upgrade their rides.

Ride: Introductory ride for the new member - so not as long as std

RIC - had no idea where the ride was going (I have the same problem following the normal ride)
    We dodged the rain and took in some quite nice scenery (not literally) and cloud formations
    Plenty of curves and some slippery parts of the road from washouts and pine needles

Note for Munster: Your favourite bit of road has some small amounts of road metal washed across it.
    There are long rows of pine needles in the middle of the lanes on a couple of bends (pine trees each side of the road)
    There is a hidden washout on the end downhill run (approx. 1m in on the left hand side x 20m long - could be difficult to see in the dark
    - but some clever spark has put out a shit load of road cones and made a nice job of it too.

Ride was enjoyed - I actually got to read some of the road signs - normally just a blur

Stopped at the usual for more chin wagging - all bike stuff - I learnt something which was cool
    Meeting closed

We agreed to meet again next week

Then as the clouds closed in, we rode back along the return route, covering both lanes it was cool.

Got home and reminded myself, must clean bike, helmet - nah there's always next week - it might rain.

So once again - those who listen to the weather forecast and don't look out the window, you missed an opportunity to ride again.
    Photos or it never happened................Lol my couch has got a strong pull. once it gets hold of you it never lets go.
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    Photos or it never happened................Lol my couch has got a strong pull. once it gets hold of you it never lets go.
    Got repremarded by Gremlin for failing to follow nequettice on some photo stuff before, so I don't bother with that.

but if it's written on KB then it must have happened right!!

those couches - real strong.

soon I won't be able to ride so often, so making use of as many opportunities as I can.

c u next week.

READ AND UDESTAND

Thread Information