Page 392 of 429 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 6423

Thread: South Auckland Thursday Night Ride

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    The weather has closed in again...

Leathel, go for a test ride.
    passmasters - Sounds good.

Doing the 1KC Saturday and if weather keeps up like it is, will feel like crap Sunday.

Great being 1:1 thou

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Silver course done.... plenty of wet roads traveled as well as some of my favourite roads dry

But the real interesting was the trip back to Pukekohe then home in steady rain.....back to the workshop and my jacket was dry! as in no rain on the arms at all and very little on my front!

that batwing is awesome in the rain......visor open no problems with rain getting in

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    Silver course done.... plenty of wet roads traveled as well as some of my favourite roads dry

But the real interesting was the trip back to Pukekohe then home in steady rain.....back to the workshop and my jacket was dry! as in no rain on the arms at all and very little on my front!

that batwing is awesome in the rain......visor open no problems with rain getting in
    I did the same course a couple of months ago. Some great roads, and there were a couple I hadn't been on before. Was it just you on the course?

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I did the same course a couple of months ago. Some great roads, and there were a couple I hadn't been on before. Was it just you on the course?
    there was 2 others, one quite a bit slower but the instructor did time with him while we went ahead to trial the theory, then next section sent him on with no pressure to trial what he had been instructed and he followed us two with each taking some time in the lead. The perfect scenario would be all at the same pace and we should have been on paper as the slow rider was on his third course.....just not doing a lot back roads so not enough practice in them (commutes) but we all had mics so could here what was being said and all had plenty of one on one time, Would have been nice to have more dry roads but wet road training in important too

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Nothing like a small square block building for a winscreen definitely does the trick when it comes to wet weather riding, please it all works so well mate.
    Picked up the Dorkland Tag on Saturday and headed off to put it somewhere else. Good days riding, bit windy ( the wife feels it, I don't) and covered some ground, thats for sure.
    It seems there was only rain on this side of the Bombays yesterday, I didn't go on the course, I went to Miranda instead, and I caged it, only rain was when I got back over the hill.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Could be a starter, though not sure, if I can be bothered, dealing with the traffic to get too the meet up point, don't hold your breath, I'm quite comfortable lying here in front of the television.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    just about done for the day, as long as the customer turns up to pick up his ute in time I will be there

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Cannae make it cap'n

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F

Cheers leathel, caseye, was a nice little ride out, been a while.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    there was 2 others, one quite a bit slower but the instructor did time with him while we went ahead to trial the theory, then next section sent him on with no pressure to trial what he had been instructed and he followed us two with each taking some time in the lead. The perfect scenario would be all at the same pace and we should have been on paper as the slow rider was on his third course.....just not doing a lot back roads so not enough practice in them (commutes) but we all had mics so could here what was being said and all had plenty of one on one time, Would have been nice to have more dry roads but wet road training in important too
    Did he take you on Rotangaro Road? I hadn't been along there before - great fun. One of those roads where you get to the end, then turn around and do it again.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Rotangaro road, might try that to get to Rotowaro for work.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Rotangaro road, might try that to get to Rotowaro for work.
    That would work.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    not this week either

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Did he take you on Rotangaro Road? I hadn't been along there before - great fun. One of those roads where you get to the end, then turn around and do it again.

Yup but I have been there many times before, Waikokwai road out to Rotowaro then back to huntly or out to waingaro.... so many good back roads so little time :P

Thread Information