Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicks on Chicks:

Bike
    2009 Yamaha XJ6S
    Quote Originally Posted by Marknz View Post
    It's not the conversation we want in on lovee...

Oh shit, did I say that rather than just think it?

Wipe ya chin.. you're dribbling....
    GET ON
    SIT DOWN
    SHUT UP
    HANG ON

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    reminds me of a funny little story...

my sister was on the back of my bike on a trip up to nelson. Pitstop at Mariua springs cos it was pissing down. Chatted to some nice bloke in a busfull of wankers...his mates told him not to talk to us cos we must be gay.
    My sis...who can be a sarky one at times replied...well it'd be a fkn incestuous relationship then! He was a nice bloke and told them all to f off...and then started to chat about bikes.
    And later we roared passed them on the bike.... hehehe.

so yup, people do assume... a lot... actually seems to happen more from blokes esp non bike blokes. Most bikers are usually just chuffed about it instead
    as most of the above seems to point to
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Bike
    2009 Yamaha XJ6S

Another funny story....

Years ago, (the year Kaikoura flooded) my x & I were on a hell mission trip from ChCh to Nsn, 2 up on the XV750. Absolutely pissing down torrents of rain!! He was riding first the first half. Stopped at Maruia to thaw & dry out by the fire. Another bloke came in on an old Triumph to do the same. We chatted for a while, he left first then we carried on too. I was riding now. We caught up with him down the road a while later. Did the big wave as we roared past him. Stopped at the Kohatu much later for a beer. The other guy called in too. When the x went for a pee, the guy raised his pint to me & said.. "bloody good to see a chick on a bike.. especially one who knows how to ride..!!!" I reckon that secretly/or not.. some guys get off on seeing a chick decked in leathers & on a bike.. (riding that is..) give it heaps girl & don't give a toss what anyone else thinks!!! Stand tall & be proud to be a chick biker!!! I do!!
    GET ON
    SIT DOWN
    SHUT UP
    HANG ON

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Probably because I usually have the hubby with me when I'm in biker mode, I haven't really noticed this much. But I'm of the opinion, "fuck em, they can think what they like, I know who I am". In the end it's the people that need to stereotype others that have the problem, not us.
    Mrs KD.

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    funny you should mention it. I get asked a lot if i know any girls that ride, then if there are any my age, then if they are hot, then if they are single (assuming they havent already asked if they play for the other team).

Best part is when i tell them about my friend who is 18 and rides a Busa, and that she could piss on pretty much anything that they've ever driven.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    Best part is when i tell them about my friend who is 18 and rides a Busa, and that she could piss on pretty much anything that they've ever driven.
    In some cultures they pay a lot of money to see an 18 year old girl piss on things......best not stir the animals then.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    BICYCLE
    Quote Originally Posted by sallo View Post
    to the fellow biker angels ONLY:

So whats up with chick bikers and the stereotype that they play for the other team?

I'm sure that some chicks on bikes do and thats totally fine by me, its just that the stereotype seems to follow me! im far from butch or anything!

to the biker angels does this happen to you often?

cos id have to say its the most embarrassing thing about riding a bike!

And it mite even be why there isnt more younger gals on bikes, apart from having helmet hair everywhere you go and tht th helmet smushes your make up and that footwear options are limited....etc
    Hey there Sallo,
    I have been on road bikes and off road bikes for 8 years. As far as I know I have never been accused of being gay for riding bikes (I don't give a dam if I was labelled anyway)-if people think that cos I ride a bike.they are narrow minded and not worth knowing anyway. But the comments I get from other non riding females (often - when it comes to conversations about chicks on bikes) are for example recently a lady said when she saw my bike (she was a very "girly" lady), that she thought woman who rode bikes are soo sexy and she would love to ride one herself one day.

Woman who ride bikes are confident self assured woman - this may come across as "batting for the other team perhaps?

I cant believe how many more woman ride bikes from when I started 8 years ago. Its just great. You would be surprised at how many woman will look at you riding and be inspired to "just do it"
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    getting a speeding ticket is far from my mind as it is unlikely to kill me..

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashika View Post
    reminds me of a funny little story...

my sister was on the back of my bike on a trip up to nelson. Pitstop at Mariua springs cos it was pissing down. Chatted to some nice bloke in a busfull of wankers...his mates told him not to talk to us cos we must be gay.
    My sis...who can be a sarky one at times replied...well it'd be a fkn incestuous relationship then! He was a nice bloke and told them all to f off...and then started to chat about bikes.
    And later we roared passed them on the bike.... hehehe.

so yup, people do assume... a lot... actually seems to happen more from blokes esp non bike blokes. Most bikers are usually just chuffed about it instead
    as most of the above seems to point to
    YEAH SISTERS , ID GET MY EGGS TWICE AS FAST IN THE MORNING

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    I blame the electric starter. Or the Welch. I su[[ose the rot set in when they began fitting auto-advance units.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Quote Originally Posted by MyGSXF View Post
    I reckon that secretly/or not.. some guys get off on seeing a chick decked in leathers & on a bike.. (riding that is..)
    Yes

10 characters

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Dam.....thought the thread title said...Chicks with Dicks.....ah well, back to forum search......

Bike
    SUZUKI road & Kawasaki race bike
    hey ya....
    well, i dont think i've been mistaken for being anything but straight when i'm out riding.... its out socially that i get hit on by the wrong kind.... lol....
    it is a stereotype thats out there... but i've had no probs... just been mistaken for being tougher than i am....
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by maha man View Post
    Dam.....thought the thread title said...Chicks with Dicks.....ah well, back to forum search......
    You may be searching on the wrong forum if you are looking for threads with that title

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Well guys do want in on anything to do with girl on girl conversation!
    Chatting with just girls wont answer your question, they will generaly just back you up.

So whats up with chick bikers and the stereotype that they play for the other team?
    You arnt the 1st chick to mention this...(only a very few it bothers and they do stand out) what a load a shit, I have never seen the attitude in 20+ years of riding... to me it appears that you are insecure with your own sexuality.
    why would this bother you if you have no problems with gays?
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    You arnt the 1st chick to mention this...(only a very few it bothers and they do stand out) what a load a shit, I have never seen the attitude in 20+ years of riding... to me it appears that you are insecure with your own sexuality.
    why would this bother you if you have no problems with gays?
    but Dangerous old fella....you'd find it physically impossible to experience this!
    Being a bloke and all...but if you really wanna test the theory, how about we dress you up as a girl and stick a chick on the back and see how you go?

Funnily tho i dont get this much now cos i am on my own on the bike, whereas i used to have my sister on the back all the time. Not that it bothered me before, its just like the rest of the typical assumptions that people make about those on bikes. All in all its just what uneducated people do, we just have to educate them, sweetly of course

Thing that does amuse me more now is the surprise on peoples face when I speak (with my helmet on)... "Oh you're a girl" they say (and they actually DO say that!) and i get a wee smile on my face that says...ahuh gee you're observant eh?
    And the one thing that does piss me off about assumptions is people who assume that that cos I'm a woman, I must be a learner and the Buell is only a small bike.... yeah right mate, 250 cc's doesn't sound remotely like this.
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Thread Information