Thread: Lazy - kind of

Bike
    2017 Low Rider S

Lazy - kind of

Hi, I know there are probably plenty of threads on here about different best rides, but I am lazy, and want it handed to me.

The situation.......

I have seen bugger all of this country, yet since I bought a bike 5 months ago, I seen heaps (ish). I've been in NZ for 10 years and seen more in the last 5 months, on KB rides, then the rest of the time I've been here.

So, anyone that know's me, or has read my posts, or my profile, knows I'm a devorcee, and have to pay the X bucket loads. So, it is starting to get to me, so am thinking of an NZ tour. Working this and that on the way (don't want to rip the govt or anything), use the cash I have to come back and see the kids, but generally, take a year off, meet as many KBers as I can, and ride "the" roads of NZ.

How can you help?

To make a go of this, I need to have at least a rough idea of what I'm gunna do, and when. I need maps, routes, companions and essentially at least a rough plan. I want to see the country by means of a bunch of the best day trips in each area.

So, to help, post here your pick of the rides in your individual area, and help me make the most of the time.

Cheers

Ozzie!

PS. For the sensitive ones amoungst us, I am still planning to look after my responsabilities, just not give the IRD more than I have to, and enjoy a bit of my time on here and finally see a bit of the place I have chosen as my home.
    Life is a like a box of chocolates; People are like Onions; The key to success is.......

Fuck it, let's ride!

Bike
    None any more
    1. Go to Whitcoulls.
    2. Buy a copy of Great Escapes: Motorcycle Touring in New Zealand by Peter Mitchell (Longacre Press, ISBN 1 877135 45 3).
    3. Read it.
    4. Go riding.
    5. Enjoy.
    6. Post your ride reports and photos in Kiwi Biker (in the right thread, of course).
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    A worthwhile endeavour! I know exactly what you mean about seeing parts unseen on the bike - in the 5 weeks I've owned my ride, I've done more travelling to locales and made and met more new mates then I've done in years!

Good to hear you got your head and heart in the right place.

I'm planning a ride down to Welly way in the term break of the school holidays. Leaving 27/28th (Wed/Thur) and will be catching the Welly kb meet/ride on the 1st Oct and then heading back up to Dorkland 4th Oct (Wednesday).

Will be leaving nice and early to take advantage of the day and take in plenty of stops!
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Thread Information