Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gov't official says "biker training just means more skilled deaths!

Bike
    Kawasaki en 450 LTD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackrat
    He's probably got a point.
    I mean what difference does your skill level matter while your being run over by some fuckwit politican with his head stuck up his ass.

beautifully put! LOL

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by curious george
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why those comments were taken out of print? Why were they web-based only?
    I think it might just have been a space issue - lose a couple of lines to make an article fit the newspaper version, but keep them in for the web-based version - you don't have to restrict article length then as the page sits effectively on its own.

On another subject - the one of encouraging people to use bikes - in London there is a charge to enter the central zone (a fairly large area). Bikes and scooters (and electric powered vehicles) are exempt from this. Which is a good thing. Problem comes with finding parking spaces - there just aren't enough.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    XT660Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    On another subject - the one of encouraging people to use bikes - in London there is a charge to enter the central zone (a fairly large area). Bikes and scooters (and electric powered vehicles) are exempt from this. Which is a good thing.
    If I remember correctly the original reason for allowing bikes to be exempt was that all the cameras take a photo of the front. If we ever see front number plates then things may change - especially if the cycling and pedestrian lobbies get their way

Would be hard to justify it as a congestion charge, though.

Thread Information