Thread: Raising my rear end (ZX7R)

Bike
    RMZ 250

Raising my rear end (ZX7R)

Hi,

Just wondering if someone can tell me, or point me in the right direction of how to raise the rear of my ZX7R. The guy I purchased it off lowered it for better handling...yeah I know.

I can see 2 things that can be turned on a thread (over the rear shock), but don't really want to play around with it incase I stuff it up. Any help would be great.

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by -df- View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if someone can tell me, or point me in the right direction of how to raise the rear of my ZX7R. The guy I purchased it off lowered it for better handling...yeah I know.

I can see 2 things that can be turned on a thread (over the rear shock), but don't really want to play around with it incase I stuff it up. Any help would be great.
    IT MAY HAVE A BUSHED TOP MOUNT OR ADJUSTING NUTS BUT SOME PEOPLE JUST LOWER THE PRELOAD WHICH IS THE SPRING TENSION WHICH LOWERS IT RIDE HEIGHT , THE BEST WAY IS TO SET UP THE STATIC SAG ON THE BIKE FRONT AND BACK TO GET IT RIGHT FOR YOU.

BTW I MADE SHORTER DOG BONES TO RAISE THE REAR ON MY ZX9 SO THAT THE SAG WAS STILL RIGHT , 5 MM SHORTER LINKS ARE ABOUT 20MM AT THE AXLE

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    My 89 ZXR750 has a eccentric ride height adjuster in the bottom link, not sure bout your model?

Bike
    quite a few
    The 7r has independant ride height adjustment.

Threaded type adjustment on top of the shock.

Rip into it ,it's pretty straight forward.

Bike
    kawasakis
    Take it into CycleTreads and get buggy to sort out the suspension for you. If you dont know what you are doing - it will get messy very quickly.

Thread Information