Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WIMA

Bike
    I've tried contacting WIMA to on more than one occasion and they never got back to me either so I just gave up on them. A bit like Cajun's wife's situation I suppose.

yep claire, since we know of at least 10-12 woman rides who would wanna join something like that a drop of a hat.

but there loss

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun
    yep claire, since we know of at least 10-12 woman rides who would wanna join something like that a drop of a hat.

but there loss
    Well thats damn disappointing. I will bring this up with our Auckland Rep. She wont be impressed!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Sea_lily
    It's funny how people assume if you ride and are demale you're a DOB aye!
    Yeah funny that CSL. Lmfao a demale dob though. Dont usually bother me too much...I still like the shocked look from blokes when I swing in on the bike and see their faces......like OMG its a girl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck
    Yeah funny that CSL. Lmfao a demale dob though. Dont usually bother me too much...I still like the shocked look from blokes when I swing in on the bike and see their faces......like OMG its a girl
    Ooooppppsss...I meant "female".

Nah it doesn't really bother me either b/c I think if someone is stoopid enough to label me before they know then it's their loss! I'm too busy enjoying the ride to worry about gimps with a narrow mind. I do always think "COOL!!" when I see another woman rider though.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    I look after the WIMA website... Email addresses for different areas are on the info page... Sounds like one person has let you down. Marion definately won't, nor most of the others.

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwizrx
    I look after the WIMA website... Email addresses for different areas are on the info page... Sounds like one person has let you down. Marion definately won't, nor most of the others.
    Hi kiwizxr

It was your website that drew my attention to Wima. As a female biker I really love riding with the guys but sometimes a more sedentry pace is good as an alternative. I have enjoyed every WIMA ride ...but once again it seems the minority may just tarnish a good name.

I was hoping to get the gals on here out for a ride but it kinda misfired. Hope you can provide feedback to solve the problems in the BOP perhaps?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    Big Orange KTM
    Hi Guy's

I have just read out your concerns to my wife who happens to be the Treasurer for Wima in NZ and she is surprised you are having so much trouble contacting Wima if you PM me I will pass on your details etc.

The PO Box for Wima NZ is PO box 9861 Wellington or you could contact them by e-mailing to captain@wima.org.nz this is Yvonne
    treasurer@wima.org.nz and this is Viv

Wima are holding their National Rally in Taupo this year at Iwatahi Camp 26kms out of Taupo heading to Napier, weekend of Nov 12th contact Viv if you want more info.

Bike
    BICYCLE
    I really love riding with the guys but sometimes a more sedentry pace is good as an alternative.

Sedentry?...geez Maduck, I found when riding with them, especially DOB's it made my hair stand on end trying to keep up with them.

Bike
    Big Orange KTM
    Wima are tring to distance themselves from being DOB's but they do welcome all bikers along on their rides

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    hahahaha..yeah Katwyn I agree the WIMA Ladies are not slow but damn you ever been on a KB ride....
    Cant comment about the other group you mention as I have never been along. Just prefer to stick with WIMA thats all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    BICYCLE
    hahahaha..yeah Katwyn I agree the WIMA Ladies are not slow but damn you ever been on a KB ride....
    Cant comment about the other group you mention as I have never been along. Just prefer to stick with WIMA thats all.
    I haven't been on a KB ride because of my group riding experiences in the
    past. 4 bikes is about the limit I stick too on group rides. At the moment, my bike is on rego exemption over the winter months-so couldnt go for a ride anyway.

DOB's...well, some of the WIMA rides I went on was predominantly the DOB's turning up and no one else.....so my thoughts were, at least they were supporting the ride so I just go with the flow.

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    what does DOB stand for?? and who are they?
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Tourer :P
    what does DOB stand for?? and who are they?
    I can't figure out what DOB means either....can someone help out me and PT pse?

Being frustrated is disagreeable.

But the real disasters in life begin when you get what you want.

i read DOB as dukes on bikes not sure if i am correct but thats way i read it

Bike
    Cali 111 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun
    i read DOB as dukes on bikes not sure if i am correct but thats way i read it
    You speak in jest, surely?? The last two words are correct but *dukes*?

Thread Information