Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NSR 250 Riders!!!!, 2 stroke, and new riders!!

Bike
    '06 Honda Fartblood
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    There is a body of opinion that considers (but has not got enough evidence to unequivocally prove) that unleaded petrol does nasty things to two smoker crank seals. Not real nasty as in crap out immediately. But "halve the expected life of the component" nasty.
    If this is true (and lord knows that I know nothing) but how come Japan has been running unleaded for at least the last 10 years (and possibly up to 20) and designing bikes that only last half as long on unleaded petrol?
    Honestly, all this 'which petrol is best' buggary-bollocks just does your head in. Japanese bikes are designed for unleaded petrol - stop stressing.
    Unless you're running higher compression than standard, use the cheap stuff.
    Keep it rubber-side down...

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Ubh huh. How many road going two strokes have the Japs produced in the last 10 years ? On a racing MX , seal life is going to be way down the repair list, they'll be replaced long before they wear out justa s part of the regular rebuild schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Ducati 996 '01, Yamaha '04 R6 Race
    Don't worry about unleaded. I've run many thousands of miles on NSR's and not a problem.
    96 octane is good, especially to stop detonation (the killer of two strokes), as soon as you add chambers etc, a higher octane will add a further safeguard to your motor. Mine always ran better on 95-96 than 91.
    Main problem with NSR's is the cranks, if you don't look after them the bearings can fail. Good oil, always warm the bike before thrashing etc.
    I used to run www.nsr250sp.com which had lots of info on it.
    Join the NSR250 mailing list or head over to www.nsrworld.com for info.
    Viva La Figa

Bike
    Exactly... the bearings on an NSR fail before the crank seals.

Oh Koyo, how I hate you so.

Bike
    What is it with NSR riders anyway? You're all a bunch of fucken wierdos

Bike
    Honda NSR 250 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    What is it with NSR riders anyway? You're all a bunch of fucken wierdos

dont you ride a NSR ??
    "Lock stock and two smoking barrels"

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by -JC & Eleanor- View Post
    dont you ride a NSR ??
    MrPeanut is using self deprecation as a comedic device. We shall shortly discover if he admit to being 'not very good at it'
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    Hey, I am a creamy puff, no?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by McJim View Post
    MrPeanut is using self deprecation as a comedic device. ,,
    'Ere I fort you wuzz frum Glasgow. Wozz wiv tryin t bugger arund wiv wordz wiv lotsa syllib silleb - ah feck wodda ya doing usin big words wot nobody frum Glasgow wod unnderstand, then.
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    'Ere I fort you wuzz frum Glasgow. Wozz wiv tryin t bugger arund wiv wordz wiv lotsa syllib silleb - ah feck wodda ya doing usin big words wot nobody frum Glasgow wod unnderstand, then.
    Please accept my most humble apologies dear Ixion - I shall refrain forthwith from unleashing my capacity for verbosity on this forum....er...och aye the noo jimmy...gonae no dae that? ....stand up straight ti' ah' pit the heid in ye yas bassa....is that better? Must be the 2 stroke fumes affecting me and making me artificially intelligent - will return to riding 4 stroke V-twin forthwith.

Bike
    ,,Must be the 2 stroke fumes affecting me and making me artificially intelligent - ,,.
    Oh, you should have said. Increased intelligence is a well known effect of two smoking. You meet the brainiest people on a two smoker. Articulate, witty, good looking, and possessed of remarkable sexual prowess, also. Wonderful stuff , two stroke smoke.

Bike
    I'm incapable of fully expressing myself. The complexity of thought is there, but the vocabulary is not.

I blame google, the copy-paste function, and working in a supermarket for nigh on 2 years...

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    I'm incapable of fully expressing myself. The complexity of thought is there, but the vocabulary is not.

I blame google, the copy-paste function, and working in a supermarket for nigh on 2 years...
    Thames has a supermarket?

PS Ixion - edit the word prowess - late arivals to this thread may capitalise on the ironic combination of verbosity and mis spolling

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow hmmm...

just poked my nose into this 250cc forum. Have a RD250LC now, its what I started off on all those years ago and in its day (before the nsr & rgv) was rather formidible. Used to race my mates on their rg250, kr250a & mvx250. All but the latter being good bikes.
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    all sorts
    Thames has a supermarket?
    not for long .... it's been sinking further and further into the mud since it was built
    He who makes a beast out of himself
    Gets rid of the pain of being a man

Thread Information