Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CB250 RS Workshop manual

Bike
    '88 FZR250

CB250 RS Workshop manual

I know it's a long shot but has anyone got one? I've looked through the "lotsa manuals" thread and searched all over the web but no luck. Has anyone got one they want to sell or in .pdf form? I'm guessing I'll need one sooner rather than later as the old girl's done over 100,000 km's but I just picked her up for $600 and she's running alright at the moment!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    go to the library - they should have them in the reference section. you could always (shock horror) order one from supercheap or similar (just a haynes one)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    it uses the same engine as the XL250 i think - surely there's one of those about

Bike
    Blog Entries
    HA! look where a google on CB250RS took me!

http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/cb2501.htm

Bike
    '88 FZR250
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    HA! look where a google on CB250RS took me!

http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/cb2501.htm
    Not sure what that site has to do with my search for a shop manual but thanks anyway. The library's got one but It would be good to have my own copy and I think it's out of print with Haynes. I'm sure I'll find one somewhere though.

Bike
    -
    Yeah, it's out of print... I've been looking for one myself. I went to the library, and had a squiz at the Haynes copy they brought up from the vault for me. It was nice and everything but not terribly useful as obviously my bike is parked outside the library, and all my tools are at home. Not being a member I couldn't photocopy anything (and to photocopy everything you think you might need would take a couple of days).

If anybody sees one on the internet, or in some bookstore that I can order from, I'd love to know -- as would badmofo I'm sure.

Badmofo, if I get hold of a copy, I'll make a copy for you! But you gotta promise to do the same for me .

Bike
    Blog Entries

Bike
    -
    He only runs the site though, he isn't the guy who wrote that article.

Bike
    '88 FZR250
    yeah sweet, if I get a copy I'll let you know. I've seen a few on e-bay in the UK so I might get one sent over, might wait until I'm sure I can't find one in NZ though.

Bike
    Ducati916/Monster900/KZ440/CB250RS
    Hi there peeps,

Just got a 250RS as a winter bike/project.

I have the Haynes manual, it is 164 pages.

I will attempt to scan it all in the next couple of weeks for general consumption. Meanwhile, if anyone is desperate for any particular info/pics, etc. from it let me know.

Bike
    -
    Lol good timing! I just bought one on eBay from the UK, due to my latest problem which is a cracked cylinder head. I'm still yet to receive it, I wonder how long shipping usually takes from UK.

Bike
    Ducati916/Monster900/KZ440/CB250RS
    Shouldn't take more than a week from when the Ebayer posts it dude.

Your bike otherwise good?

Should be able to get that sucker sorted in no time.

I am searching for an exhaust system, other than that my one seems fine, bar a few hours with an oily rag and some new oil.

Bike
    -
    Yeah it arrived this morning, sweet! Yeah it's just the cylinder head (well mainly. There's a few other more minor problems).

Are you looking for an original exhaust/silencer system? Or are you going with some antisocial 2-into-1-frighten-small-dogs system? I have entertained notions of swapping out the exhaust for something which sounds a bit nicer, but I like the look of the classic twin chrome exhausts. If you fit something non-standard you should post some photos!

Bike
    '88 FZR250
    I just called a dude at custom chambers in tamaki, he reckons $350 for a black 2 into 1 exhaust custom made. It's not gonna look as nice as the (not so) shiny chrome twin exhausts i've got at the moment but he reckons an extra $200 for chrome and that's still the 2 into 1, I didn't even ask him how much for twin mufflers. I've got more holes than I've got metal in my right muffler so I guess it needs to be done. Are your guys bikes loud? I get dogs chasing me and little kids plugging their ears as I drive past, hopefully it'll sound better with a new exhaust.

Bike
    '88 FZR250
    I've got a manual coming up in the post from chch, I was gonna scan it but it seems as though we've all solved our manual-less problems. Good look with the head xerxesdaphat, I've just been reading your other post, congrats on getting it apart and back together and not having any bits left over.

Thread Information