Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He F-ing Hates me :(

Bike
    Not many, if any
    yep! but ill have indicators and lights taken out etc and it doesnt have hte big side peices to fairing.. ill either buy rough ones 2nd hand or just put a whole new front/side fairing o.. depends what i got here and if it fits...

Bike
    2004 GSXR600 / 1989 K75 BMW
    Hey there KWaka Kid,

I started racing RS125 with Dave this year and have been at approx 6 race meets. I had no previous experience with 2 strokes (riding or mechanics) and would say "Go for it".

The bikes are cheap to buy, dead easy to work on, (they're like mechano sets), and a blast to ride.

I'm 75kg and 6ft and although I do get a little cramped at times there is enough room - Just.

The expense can be a little hard to swallow but you can determine how much you spend by how competitive you want to be. I would be surprised if 4 strokes were much cheaper to run.

The 125 feild are a fantastic group of people who are always keen to help with info, tools, and even parts at the drop of a hat.

My bike is a '92 (with a few mods) and although I still have a lot (and I mean a hell of a lot) to learn, I'm already riding with the middle of the pack.

Like Dave mentioned, if you see us at the track (just look for the biggie size black trailer) come on over and say hi.

Bike
    Not many, if any
    ahh k ta for that man

altho i bought my RVF400 yesterday... its done 19,000km as i think ive said.. thats not too high to learn to race on right? and i think im putting a TZR250 fairing on it as its mising the side peices and this fairing is very lightweight

Bike
    '96 suzuki GSF600s,'86 CBR400R Aero
    hay kk.... na i dont reckon the 400 is too much to learn on (im doing it too)..just dont her opener right up

& remember to wire lock every thing,etc befor u get the fairings wired up

can someone please tell me what the number background colour is for the clubmans class? (i got black on at moment), cheers
    asked Mom if I was a gifted child ... she said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me.

Bike
    Not many, if any
    i thought i read all F3 was black back and white numbers? whichh would be good for me as ive already got hte bkack bacground bits in graphics of rear tail etc

what do u mean dont let her opener right up? or whatever? does that make sense or is it just me?

so the K's arnt too high? - if u mean have throttle wide open on track then pissoff :P its the only way im gunna try and ride - 400cc = good class i reckon. bikes dont pull wheelies etc :P or at least my ZXR400 even to redline in 1st gear wide open wudnt lift the front wheel... so i doubt my RVF would ey? - next thing.. exhaust... what to do? apparently stock they have good large sized headers.. just do muffler.. so what/where to go?

Bike
    Walking
    Originally posted by Kwaka-Kid
    so the K's arnt too high?
    19000km! To me thats fine for a first race bike to learn on. I'ld race it for a year, and then think about new rings and "GO FAST" bits.
    I might have brought a 400 too, but thought a 250 2 stroke would be easyer for me to work on. Change rings myself and spend that saved money on good tyres!

Bike
    2001 Suzuki RF 400
    Ahhh, dosen't the Auckland Motorcycle Club run race training evenings

for racers  http://www.amcc.org.nz  and will provide specific answers to your questions about racetrack technique.

See yas at Taupo, I'm probably flagging. Hope don't have to wave to you.

Everything is always okay in the end.
    If it's not, then it's not The End.

Bike
    Not many, if any
    cheers!

yeah i think thats what ill do, have a fairly cheap first year to see how i like it(which i know ill LOVE it, as i do love tracktimes etc) and then see if bike/self is good enuf to actually spend more time/money on to go faster/be in better classes

Thread Information