Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He F-ing Hates me :(

Bike
    Not many, if any

He F-ing Hates me :(

He took my reason to live... again...

Okay..  iditch my ZXR400 and life turns to shit... then i find out that i have a great opportunity to buy a RVF400 @ a unbeleivable price (as ive now found out, literally) and then that turns to shit sa it gets stolen off who i was going to buy it from... and i only had 2 more weeks to wait b4 getting it   i swaer he hates me! everytime i find a new reason to live.. hope.. to save.. he rips it out from within my grasp   it sarks hard, aswell as ive just sold my Red 750 which once i found out i wasnt getting RVF i didnt feel very keen on selling   down to 3 bikes... and no real hope left on anything... however i am trying to find new hope... i must race...  Was actually hoping Dave could help me...

What does it cost generally to race an RS125 for a season? (clubman level sorta thing) mostly comparitivly.. i know crap all about 2strokes but within days will learn and will make myself do self-rebuilds etc.. but compared to say a 400cc 4stroke 4cyl in a season would a RS125 be cheaper? - and generally what would i pay 2nd hand as a nice deal? all i know is i must get into racing and i want it this year..  someone tell me there is hope?  its so frustrating about the RVF.. i had started saving for all those dream mods i had planned...    cest la vie.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Wow, down to 3 bikes...soon you'll be able to affoird some half decent tyres and chains

So that means you won't be racing at Manfeild next week? Shame you would have been in the same class as me.

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Manfield?  Where and when - I will come up for a look-see

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    1st round of the Sawyer Winter series, and last round of the North Island cup takes place next weekend on Sat 24th, and is on the long circuit (haven't done the long circuit). I'm entered in the clubmans class, as I'm so slow. I just need to sort some Friday night accomodation and see if I can share the cost of transport down.....and fix the minor damage from Puke on the bike.

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Make sure you reverse your gear pattern - the left hander coming on to the new section is fecken long - and without the reversed pattern you won't be able to get your toes under the level to change up........just something to think about...

I will come up for a look on the 24th - see you there

Bike
    1991 Kawasaki ZXR400L1
    Yeah while on the subject,  Like KK I'm wanting to get into racing too.  After writing off my TL1000, I've invested in a cheap race ready RGV250.  Got all my gear sorted.  Lots of spares and 3 set of rims with slicks/street/wets.  I went halfs on a van with my mechanic which we will use to get to races (hes just ditched the diesel, fitted a petrol motor and got it recertified).

I've also been working a lot on my riding technique, doing track days every week or two and reading everything I can get my hands on and now I can do 1:15s at Puke with still more room for improvement.

Based on the results from the NZTT last year, my current times should at least let me mix it up with tail end of the field hopefully.

I formulated my plan for World Motorcycle Racing Dominance mid/late last year when there was the Suzuki series which looked real cool and had lots of classes to suit new riders (based on what I saw on the website and in Bike Trader) but now I'm a little lost.

I had hoped to race clubman level at Puke and once I got comfortable would start travelling to Taupo/Manfield etc but there doesn't seem to be many Puke meets this year.  I'm not too keen on making my race debut anywhere else but Puke as this is my home and only track so far.  I was all set for Apr 6th but it pissed down that day so I pulled out because I wasn't confident racing in the wet for the first time ever so now my master plan isn't going so well.

So what should I do??  Is the Sawyer series my only hope this year?  Or should I just be content with Puke track days and see what happens next summer?

Bike
    98 HondaRS125
    Finally,everyones talking my language.
    I'll send you guys some answers when i get back into the office-i'm out on the road at the moment.
    Luv it!

Bike
    Not many, if any
    shot cheers dave! btw my mums hubbie apparently worked with ur mrs, and so got u to work on car that way, i thin ki even member u in person when u worked on the old corolla :P  mind you i woulda been a widdle boy as i am now still.. haha

Bike
    '96 suzuki GSF600s,'86 CBR400R Aero
    count me in for the racing info too

i brought CBR400 in january this year to race. im slow but hay im learning

i too have found it hard getting to track days. looking at taupo race in june. dont think im ready for it but been told to go for it so ill be the one that gets lapped 10 timesthought about manfield but dont thing that track is vary kind.lol

now there a thought ..where the learners gide to racing forum
    asked Mom if I was a gifted child ... she said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Babyb, just go for it. I will be at Taupo on 15th June as will Mitch. Mitch races in F3 on her 400, I race in Clubmans, on my SV650 as I am also pretty slow. Luckily there are only 6 laps, so you are unlikely to get lapped in Clubmans. Last time out there were just 7 in the class, including 2 post classics so it's not too daunting.

I'm at Manfield next week for the first time since crashing at practice for the last round of the previous winter series. This will be my 2nd meeting at Manfeild I've actually raced at, and the first time on the long circuit, so it will be interesting. Best advice I would give anyone is to go and do a trackday the day before the race, so you can learn the track at your pace.....sadly I won't get to do this so I will have to listen to other riders and learn at practice.

I want a learners guide on how to ride around hairpins without falling off, or having everybody pass me.

What would be great would be someone who could do a basic guide to the lines around the NZ tracks.

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    98 HondaRS125
    Hi Guys,
    Firstly the RS125's.You can get a reasonable early model one for about $2000 This should be good enough to teach you to race,Learn about set up,etc.Also can get them going very well.I have done 1.10's at puke on my old '92 and i've only been racing for 2 years.If you only want to do club stuff,You can run old/second hand tyres without any problems.We are changing our tyres atr each round at national level-so theres always plenty of second handys.Budget for one clutch kit $80,three pistons (for a year) $600.A crank/engine rebuild once a year $1000.On top of that,Change your gearbox oil after every meeting,Fuel and twostroke oil.Plus allow money for crash damage.
    That covers the basics-Don't fall off and it will be even cheaper!
    Luv it!

Bike
    98 HondaRS125
    Secondly-Beginners guide to racing.
    The club meeting at manfield will be very good for anyone wanting to start racing.The track is interesting and fairly easy-Most corners open out on the exits so they're quite forgiving.It's also very wide.There will be a class to suit almost anyone.If you can get there for the friday practice-make use of it.
    If your intimidated by the pace in a particular class-start in clubmans,You can always switch during the day.My second race meeting ever-I was running o.k. in the novice class, so switched to the 125 class-I came last by sooo much,it was embarrassing.Two race meetings later-I got a sixth in the national at ruapuna.So don't despare,the learning curve is very steep.
    The faster guys are use to passing people,so ride your own race and they will negotiate you.Make sure you HOLD YOUR LINE.
    The most dangerous thing on the track is a slower rider that cuts across infront of someone going into a corner.-we can go around the outside or inside another rider,But cant change halfway through.
    When you start racing remember to concentrate on the track-not the other bikes.The first corner crashes are almost always caused by people watching the other bikes instead of looking at where to brake/turn in.
    "Racing is all the good things aboud roadriding-with none of the bad stuff-You can go as fast as you can
    -You dont have to ride for 45 min's to find decent roads
    -You dont have to make the tedious trip home after a thrash
    -if you take a break for a while-it doesn't cost anything (rego's,etc)
    -If you crash theres always an ambulance right there(no laying in a drain in eketahuna for 2days)

Good luck and have fun.
    P.S.If you are at manfield-come and say gidday-me and duckman will be at the BIG elf trailer-cant miss us.
    Luv it!

Bike
    ZX636 Suzuki GSXR400
    Heya KK Depending on how mechanically minded you are a 4 stroke may be a better place to start.  Have a chat to Dave (wealth of knowledge on the subject) about humidity, rejeting and "other on the day" things that need to be done.  There are a few of us that race old 400's, all pretty much standard.  Most meetings the most we have to do to our bike's are check tyre pressures and put in fuel.  Well having said that you can usually find me fixing my bike after my latest crash

Si all I can say is if you ever find that hairpin manual PLEASE pass it my way   I would never have crashed on a race track if hairpins didn't exist.

Baby B Taupo is a great place to start and so is the back   I spent a LONG TIME getting lapped at the back of the field.  That's just part of it for some of us (others just seem to win from the word go)  The excitement and adrenalin of it all makes it worth it and you can't get quicker if your not out there doing it. 

Power is nothing without control.

Bike
    Not many, if any
    well, i consider myself (for my age) fucking well mechanically minded - my old man more.. but just not on 2 strokes.. i learn fast and i reckon it wudnt take much.. aswell as my dads good mate/mine being 2 stroke dude (mainly setting up race super/motorcross bikes tho) im sure he could help me out a bit...  Im not sure.. also am i too heavy to race 2 strokes? thats what my old man says about 125cc 2 strokes especially.. what should i weigh? atm i weigh 68kg, and reckon itd b piss easy to get near 60kg as i eat heaps and heaps of shit food and heaps and heaps of it :P   -but i eally aint sure? also im exactly 6foot, is that too tall? god i found on my zxr400 i ran outta room when i hung my ass off edge of seat.. only way i could get lower was to sit more on hte bike.. but i always hung off bike heaps coz if i stay upright and lean more my t yres would prolly let go :P

Also mainfeild is ages for me to go from auckland.. im really keen on doing pukekohe over and over.. i worked it out and so far i think ive had 60laps approx worth of riding on puke, between '84 GPZ750 and 89 ZXR400.. its funy coz i have heaps to say about comparing the bikes and how it certain things surprised me.. (the main one being the 750 felt like i had to do less, like lean not as low, to get thru the same corner, and it was WAY more stable over that bump despite no fork oil in left fork and shotty suspension :P) but yeh.. hmm, argh such a hard decision.. well if i do weigh in right enuf for a fat 2 stroke rider, i am leaning towards that.. but yeah..

actually somthing nice would be - how often do u rebuild the gsxr400? etc.. what does that cost u in a season? and on puke backstreight what do u get to? and just general stuff like that ta mitch

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Just sell every thing you own - buy an R1 and race F1 - go for it-----why piss around....

Thread Information