Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Peeved off

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    man, there's a lot of bitches out of the kitchen today.......

it may be hard for anyone to imagine, but the only time i actually MET you fella you were polite, charming and a perfect olde-worlde gentleman!!

and if you DON'T behave i shall have to keep repeating this post .......
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    i must have been pissed.....

Bike
    keyboard jockey
    i wouldn want any woman of mine riding a bike. there fukn dangerous.
    especially for someone who cant ride an gets a little gn250/sv650 an rides around with her fluoro vest going "im a scared newbie on a bike that i dont no the limits of, and never will, someone pull out in front of me an watch me crash as i grab a handful of front brake or just knock me off. DO IT DO IT"

im at the other end of the spectrum where ill crash from doing stupid shit. which is ok.
    male riders progress to the other end of the spectrum quicker, where they crash from going to fast testing the limits. an unfortunately, or i d hope being a chic an all, you dont have balls. dont buy a bike. buy the womans weekly.

Bike
    a bike
    yeah ive had the same problem too the worst was the ex, he said that if i got a bike, we should split up cause he didnt see himself looking after a cripple.(thats if i crashed). anyways riding is fun, its a whole new ball game, if you want one then get one, who cares what everyone says, fuck im still getting the guys at work say that im going to kill myself on my bike. so im like "fuck you, you gaybos, you fags can go back and watch your broke back mountain dvd and screw yourselves up that arse".

Bike
    Bikeless for now but shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Going for my first thread in Biker Angels... whoooo.

Anyway, I am slightly peeved off. I want to learn to ride a bike, I want to own a bike, everytime I see someone on a bike, I get really up tight and annoyed I havent got one yet. My rant is, that certain people in my life think I am nuts. I have had all the comments ' you cant handle a bike', 'you are a mum, you cant ride a bike', 'they are dangerous', and been laughed at. The more I hear the negative comments, the more I want to do it. (most neg comments are from Males btw). Sorry just wanted to rant and moan ...
    You're an adult. You're perfectly capable of making your own choices - and completely entitled to do so. You don't need anyone's permission, approval or blessing. Their negative comments don't deserve your time or attention, so ignore them. Do what YOU want to do. Now work on getting that bike, huh?
    "Safety Cameras" Yeah, right!

Bike
    GSF250
    Thanks everyone for your feedback, you guys are awesome Just yesterday two people commented on the dangers to me about 'riding'... but I know all that, but my Mum said 'Go for it', thats all I need. Ok so I have gear sorted, and seriously looking for a bike... well I have the dosh so shouldnt be too long now. *crosses fingers*
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    ex rider
    Thanks everyone for your feedback, you guys are awesome Just yesterday two people commented on the dangers to me about 'riding'... but I know all that, but my Mum said 'Go for it', thats all I need. Ok so I have gear sorted, and seriously looking for a bike... well I have the dosh so shouldnt be too long now. *crosses fingers*

Good on you girl. You wil never regret it. Life on two wheels is a permanant buzz. If I ever get down I just go for a ride and the blue funk just goes away.

Keep us informed and I hope to wave at you one day.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mstriumph View Post

as i see it, my duty to my heirs is to give them a good example of a life well-lived ..... sure 'duty' comes into that, but we are each individuals irrespective of gender or age and we have a responsibility to ourselves too ..... the universe has no place for 'doormats' [besides which, they are BORING! ]

when it comes down to it, whose life is it anyway? - yours
    and how many do you get? - just the one

it's much more fun trying to live up to your own expectations of yourself than it is to browbeat yourself into conforming to what other people expect you to be

good luck with it!!
    HELL YEAH! Well said MsT.
    When comes your time to leave this world, do you want to be thinking "I wish I had done XYZ, just once"
    As a good friend of mine said, "My only regrets are the things I didn't do"
    Go out and live your life as a blazing example of passion, commitment, determination, and compassion. Anyone who gives you shit for that is really just lacking the courage to do likewise, pity them.

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you're just not paying attention!"
    "There is no limit to dumb."

"Resolve to live with all your might while you do live, and as you shall wish you had done ten thousand years hence."

Bike
    2005 triumph speed 4
    Lissa, have you got to the stage where you have worked out a short list in your head of the kind of bikes that you see yourself on ?

Bike
    GSF250
    You guys are so awesome.. yes I hope to oneday 'wave as I pass by you.. eat my dust'

Well a short list of bikes? No, but I have been thinking long and hard about it. I have decided to go with a GN250... just for cruising around the Wairarapa on, once my skills have improved I shall of course upgrade.. but not sure what to at this point in time. Hmm actually been seriously thinking of getting a brand new GN250, I even got to sit on one today. I have also been talked into sitting my BHST by someone, before I get a bike... I think I remember he said he would pay for it if I had to resit it, going to hold him to that!!
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    You don't need your own bike for the BHST, and the certificate has no expiry date. So you may as well sit as soon as possible.

And go do the scratch and win as soon as you have it, don't wait until you get the bike. The sooner you have it the sooner you can sit the restricted test.

Or, at any rate, be able to sit the test when you feel you are ready for it, not have to wait for some arbitrary period.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Boulevard, Ducati.
    Mines till for sale if your interested lissa, save you a bit of money on a gn250, looks better too.

Heres a new photo of her:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bike resizied.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	401.5 KB 
ID:	44950  

Bike
    '02 VN1500 Meanie
    thanks for that Keystone... its great to see other mothers out there doing it as well. I have thought about what the other mums are going to say... oh but its going to fun to see their faces.
    Hey Lissa,

You are an adult with all the information you need to make an informed decision. If you want to get a bike then go ahead and do it. You don't need to have any approval from anyone else. Who is it for? You. So you decide.

Don't worry about seeing "...their faces." Remember you are doing it for you - not them.

Get a good bike to learn on and get the right gear to stay safe and have a good time. btw the GN250 is a nice bike to start on. My wife had one when she used to ride. It's nice and low and easy to ride. A popular bike that has been around for years and still selling well.

Have fun and ride safe.

Are you taking any prescription medication? [Rain Man]

Bike
    zxr250- The mozzie
    Oh lissa Im soo pleased for you. Its a special moment when you decided to do something for yourself after putting everyone else first.
    Miss 13 thinks im having a midlife crisis. And master 11 thinks its not fair that he doesnt have a motorbike!
    Im brand spanking new at riding and its a fantastic challenge. The culture has a lingo that I havent got to crips with yet..and alot of terms and comments go over the top of my head. Being mechanically retarded doesnt help any either.

The BHST is a peice of cake and I actually enjoyed the experience. The scratchy test is daft.Its so basic and obviouse that I wonder if anyone has actually failed.

All I can say is YOU GO GURLFRIEND!!
    Certified mechanically retarded

Bike
    SUZUKI road & Kawasaki race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by andrea View Post
    yeah ive had the same problem too the worst was the ex, he said that if i got a bike, we should split up cause he didnt see himself looking after a cripple.(thats if i crashed).
    OMG, my ex was the same.....
    now i will only date guys that ride, because they understand why i do....

good on you lissa, get the piece of paper, find a bike you love and enjoy....
    those people will accept your choice one day....
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Thread Information