Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Peeved off

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    My wife always wanted to ride motorbikes. She therefore persuaded me to do my BHS, buy the gear and buy a bike so I could teach her. She then got her BHS and her kit and decided she didn't like my bike - so we bought another bike just for her. She's a mum of 2 and no-one tells her what to do.

Enjoy yourself - our problem is geting babysitters so we can go out on the bikes.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    93 250 CBR RR
    Quote Originally Posted by McJim View Post
    Enjoy yourself - our problem is geting babysitters so we can go out on the bikes.
    little pillion baby seats mcjim!!!
    I lost my licence and i havent riddin all month!!!- YEAH RIGHT

Bike
    2002 BMW R1150GS Fat-Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by McJim View Post
    She's a mum of 2 and no-one tells her what to do.
    See, I tell LN waht to do all the time. Makes not a shred off difference... Don't worry Jim, sooner than you think your kids will be old enough to look after themselves and you and the Mrs. can ride all you want like we do. If it's fine. If it's not windy. (plainly, we haven't been out much together recently!)
    Nil Carborundum Illegitimi

Bike
    GSF250
    Yeah.... Going for my first lesson on Saturday Morning, very nervous but extremely excited!
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Yay!!!! Good luck... You will do great!

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Yeah.... Going for my first lesson on Saturday Morning, very nervous but extremely excited!
    I'm going for my 400,000th lesson on saturday, very nervous but still extremely excited!

Bike
    Cagiva Raptor 650, ZX-10R
    Great stuff!! What they say is true... biking is dangerous and stupid and all that, but for those who do it, the benefits outweigh the risk, so if you go in with your eyes open, you'll do much better!

If after your first bin, you decide that the risk isn't worth it, then no shame in that either, pack it in and go back to cars... Either way, do it 'coz you've thought about things and weighed it up and made your own decision. Not because of what anyone else said.

Go for it!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Bike
    Ok so I have gear sorted, and seriously looking for a bike... well I have the dosh so shouldnt be too long now. *crosses fingers*
    Looking for a bike and have dosh... do I have the deal for you... How would you like to be the proud new owner of a 2000 silver bandit, done 21xxx kms, sweet condition... some of the Welly KBers have seen it and can comment. PM if interested.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    Woohoo! That's excellent! You'll be fine.

Just make sure that you don't let the instructor know too early on how good you actually are. At least let him/her think that you need lessons for a little while. After you have lulled the instructor into a state of apathy, you can open up the throttle, pull a wheelie and then slide the bike sideways to a stop right next to him/her.

Mind you, if it's your basic handling skills test as well, best save the wheelie part for another day.
    Exploring pastures anew...

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystone19 View Post
    Woohoo! That's excellent! You'll be fine.

Just make sure that you don't let the instructor know too early on how good you actually are. At least let him/her think that you need lessons for a little while. After you have lulled the instructor into a state of apathy, you can open up the throttle, pull a wheelie and then slide the bike sideways to a stop right next to him/her.

Mind you, if it's your basic handling skills test as well, best save the wheelie part for another day.
    hehehe *cough* yea, I wont let the instructor know how good I REALLY am, telling him on phone that I've never riden a bike before in my life and I don't want anyone else there to laugh at me... I am pretty sure he is well and truely lulled into a state of apathy. He wont know what hit him. *cough*

Ok... no wheelies until after basic handling skills test ... Horray!!! Do the instructors teach that btw? Might ask him!
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    hehehe *cough* yea, .............. He wont know what hit him. *cough*
    rule one - never hit the instructor!
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    You could hit ON the instructor... that might help things?

Bike
    black one,red one and a yellow one :)
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    I think quite a few of us on KB ride bikes in part because we are told not to, enjoy the fact that you can piss people off and yet you old enough that they can't do anything to stop you
    yep - my mother forbade me to ride when I was 13 after coming off the cousins CR250 (breaking some bones in the process)... made me a biker for life that rant ... lol I still have a picture of me screaming through a gateway on the farm on that very same bike not long after - right leg still in plaster.... (who uses a rear brake anyway?!?)

Knew it had to be the thing to do if my mum didn't want me doing it ....

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bend-it View Post
    You could hit ON the instructor... that might help things?
    naaaa hasnt worked before, had to have two attempts at getting my car licence.... but she was a bit of a bitch.

rule one - never hit the instructor!
    I shall try and remember that one.

One sleep to go

Bike
    2006 r6

Thumbs up

trust your instincts and not boring people:
    bikes look cool. riding feels cool.
    feel the force luke
    time to buy
    time to be smoooove and not stuck in a hot stinky car over summer
    [SIGPIC]Little-RED-rinding-H O O D
    http://www.alexmonteith.com/work_detail.php?id=34#

Thread Information