Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Peeved off

Bike
    GSF250

Peeved off

Going for my first thread in Biker Angels... whoooo.

Anyway, I am slightly peeved off. I want to learn to ride a bike, I want to own a bike, everytime I see someone on a bike, I get really up tight and annoyed I havent got one yet. My rant is, that certain people in my life think I am nuts. I have had all the comments ' you cant handle a bike', 'you are a mum, you cant ride a bike', 'they are dangerous', and been laughed at. The more I hear the negative comments, the more I want to do it. (most neg comments are from Males btw). Sorry just wanted to rant and moan ...
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    No negative comments from this male. Go for it. Whose life (not that way) is it, anyway?
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    as long as it's got a shopping basket on it and you still do your womanly duties then go for it.

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650
    Yep I drove a car for about two years, always missed having a bike, one day I was adding up the costs that it would take to keep my car on the road for another year and went stuff it, sold the car and bought a bike again.
    I guess its something that just becomes a part of who you are, (for me anyway) Being caged too long drives me nutty
    Weather Genie says "Go to the beach!" "Sunburn for everybody! Yay!" TM
    My STOLEN bike http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=58374

Bike
    ex rider
    Just do it.

Sat my bike licence 35 years ago and have never bothered to get a car version.

Bikes are addictive, indulge yourself.

Watching to see what happens.

Any KBers down that way willing to teach?

Bike
    In between bikes
    Don't worry about it. Good things take time. Just keep focused on what you want, do some research, save your money and go for it!
    90% of the time spent writing this post was spent thinking of something witty to say. It may have been wasted.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Going for my first thread in Biker Angels... whoooo.

Anyway, I am slightly peeved off. I want to learn to ride a bike, I want to own a bike, everytime I see someone on a bike, I get really up tight and annoyed I havent got one yet. My rant is, that certain people in my life think I am nuts. I have had all the comments ' you cant handle a bike', 'you are a mum, you cant ride a bike', 'they are dangerous', and been laughed at. The more I hear the negative comments, the more I want to do it. (most neg comments are from Males btw). Sorry just wanted to rant and moan ...
    People are always going to give you those sorts of comments. You can ask anyone on here, even those that have been riding for years and years, they still get comments on how dangerous it is. Its part of the biking lifestyle.

And yes biking is dangerous. But so is everything else in life... You could have died giving birth to your children but I bet no-one told you not to have kids because of that risk did they?

In my opinion. Get the ball rolling... get your Basic handling skills certificate... then get your learners and get a bike. Its your life and no doubt because of your family you will be an extra careful rider...
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by placidfemme
    And yes biking is dangerous. But so is everything else in life... You could have died giving birth to your children but I bet no-one told you not to have kids because of that risk did they?
    Damn - that's a bloody good point
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    who cares what people think, do what makes you happy
    you know you can do it and thats all that really matters, innit?

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ER6F
    I think quite a few of us on KB ride bikes in part because we are told not to, enjoy the fact that you can piss people off and yet you old enough that they can't do anything to stop you
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Bike
    GSXR1000K5
    Life's too short

Just do it

When is the three week deadline up?........I'm hungry!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Bike
    HD 2007 Softail Custom
    Go for it girl - life is way too short for small minded people who try and tell you what to do - I am a mum too and have been riding for six years now (never ridden a bike in my life) its the best thing I ever did - good luck )

Bike
    None - sad jazz hands! (Ex-06 GN250)
    Wot they said!

I got my bike in May and have been glad I did ever since! The only thing I've been sorry about is not doing it sooner...don't let that happen to you!

All the best and see you out there,

A_H
    Me and my imaginary friend have been goin' round the bend for some time now....

Bike
    GSF250
    Thanks guys... I guess what I really want is someone to be as excited as I am about it... and to say 'GO for it'.. I guess I will have to that person, although my daughter thinks its pretty cool, wants me to pick her up from school on the bike... dont think thats going to happen.

Thanks Placid... good point! I could have died three times over, and safety would/is an important factor for me... not like I'm going to go speeding around the 'takas'

As for my womanly duties... hey, men are quite capable of doing the shopping dover..

Oh stuff the negative people.... I am going to make them choke on their words.
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    If you want to ride, do it. You don't need anyone's permission, or our approval.

Thread Information