Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A bit of advice on old jap bikes please

Is the K440 happening Paul? Because I have just spied a K400 hidden behind a derelict Fairlady in a carport.Bought new and ridden for a few years and then just left....corrosion as you'd expect,but with not much use I'd expect some parts to be in good nick.I couldn't even get to it to check km there was so much shit in the way.But I got the best score,see my thread tonight.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    Is the K440 happening Paul? Because I have just spied a K400 hidden behind a derelict Fairlady in a carport.Bought new and ridden for a few years and then just left....corrosion as you'd expect,but with not much use I'd expect some parts to be in good nick.I couldn't even get to it to check km there was so much shit in the way.But I got the best score,see my thread tonight.
    The other 440 went to someone that wanted it more than me.. ie offered more $$ ;-) I had first dibs but I don't need one bad enough to get hissy about things and a better local offer made sense - go for it.

If there is a rooted KZ400 up your way that is mech OK and has ownership history or a rego on hold I'm keen. Current mental plan is a 3/4 sized TR6C for Vicki... That should get the lads at the classic club fizzing...

aarrgghh You bastard - you have bought a XS650 haven't you.... Flat tracker??

The rego is definatly not on hold,this thing hasn't been moved for years....he drove the Fairlady in and it hasn't moved since,you can't even get to the K400....like,you don't want an old Z car do you? But he bought it new,so one owner.I've told the father that someone could be interested,and the son may be down on saturday to see me.

I'll keep mum about streettrackers for the moment,but will down load my camera tonight and show what else you can find under houses.
    Waging war with society

I only have your email at work Paul,so I'll post a couple of images on this thread - here she is.99% there,definatly a total strip and rebuild,but you were going to do that anyway.Apparently the motor is ok,he fitted a new piston at some stage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame 003.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	47032   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame 004.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	47033  
    Waging war with society

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Mate - shes a bloody minta..... I'm into that!!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    is that the one passed in on tardme for under a grand? has the makings of an awesome little cafe racer....
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    is that the one passed in on tardme for under a grand? has the makings of an awesome little cafe racer....
    Dunno?

As usual with these 'projects' - it takes $10,000 to make a $5,000 bike so.... (sigh)

Paul N

Thread Information