Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwi Biker Track Day 5 -- May 2007

Bike
    Honda PC800

Kiwi Biker Track Day 5 -- May 2007

The Great KB Track Day V
    SUNDAY 6th MAY 2007 8.30-4.30
    TAUPO RACEWAY FULL TRACK

For all KB members to come and have a ball and improve their riding in a safe fun environment.

Entries closed sorry .

4 DIFFERENT speed/experience levels from novice to racers. 4 SEPARATE groups. Groups will be Slow, Med/slow, Med/fast, and Fast. Numbers per class will be limited to ensure a safe track time.

Weather permitting, I promise you won’t go home wanting more track time.
    The track is positively HUGE so don't be worried about holding anyone up or being held up. There's tonnes of room.

There will be a HOT DRINK vendor at the track all day for those that need a hot drink or that caffeine buzz.

Subway will be able to be purchased up till 11 am and will be delivered to the track. Food will be available during the day.

St Johns Ambulance WILL be in attendance and there will be trained/experienced marshals in RT contact around the track.
    Pit garages are available for hire see below -----
    Plugs for Lugs--the earplug people will be there making custom made earplugs for anyone wanting them

ALL THAT FOR ONLY $100 PER RIDER

Payment details are below in the next post.
    Places will be strictly on a first-come-first-served basis. Payment is the ONLY way a place is reserved. All the details are in the 4 posts following. Gift Vouchers for your friends and relatives are available.

SO COME ON GUYS N GALS LET'S ALL BE THERE AND MAKE IT A FUN DAY!

I can be contacted on 0-21-035 4615 or 0-9-832 2557 a/h or
    tfrost@xtra.co.nz
    Last edited by Cajun; 28th September 2007 at 19:59.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    below will be the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it The responsibility is YOURS to make Sure your name is on the list

There will be NO entry on the day -only those who have paid deposits or paid in full will be going on the track
    Theres 3 ways you can pay me
    $100.00 per rider paid up front
    $50 deposit then a balance of $50 paid up no later than to 2 weeks before the event
    $50.00 deposit and balance of $70 on the day/withing two weeks of the event
    Please note Payment is NON refundable -
    If you can't make it the responsibility is yours to fill your spot

Please make sure your name or KB nickname is used for a reference

A suggestion -if your bank doesn't let ya do this then deposit a strange amount-eg100.03 and pm me the amount and date of deposit.
    please also Note-it takes 2 working days for money to show up -bloody banks

CONFIRMED ATTENDING --paid in full
    1 vixter
    2draco
    3death
    4Ninjaboy
    5NZKALT61
    6kittyhawk
    7 M1CRO
    8aprillia guy
    9Hendy
    10BusaJim
    11ROAD RASH
    12 JASON PARKIN JP
    13Momentum
    14hellraiser
    15ANDY
    16bert_is_evil
    17white belt
    18littleman
    19CHICKADEE
    20FLIPPER
    21K J GOLDING
    22demeritim
    23scracha
    24 Cowpoos
    25 El Dopa
    26 4 STROKES
    27 Devil
    28fat5 furryguy
    29 k14
    30 NIGEL H
    31 white trash
    32 earthbound misfit
    33bnz
    34 bnz2
    35bnz3
    36 Kwakaman ZX10R ==1
    37 Skunk
    38 LUKE
    39Leong KB Trackday
    40GEORGE TOPHAM
    41Weasel 100.00 CR
    42 KURTH D J
    43 blackbird2
    44 morcs
    45 boomer
    46Deathstar
    47pickle
    48picklesboss
    49SAMWAYMOUTH
    50Latrine
    51 BornToLean
    52Arven
    53 Pumba
    54SuperDave
    55Mental Trousers
    56demeritim
    57Blueblade
    58M DAVIES
    60GUNNER
    68archer wc
    69 cowpoos
    81Keystone19
    82 The Stranger
    84 Ebony 7r
    85Garry H
    86 Wasp 1
    87 Meekey_Mouse
    88 WRT
    89Two Smoker
    90mechman1
    91jahrasti
    92 Kwakaman 2
    93 shane owner
    94mzypt
    95SVS (Phil)
    96Steveyb
    97 SimonMcK
    100Fizzerman
    101Flame
    102fallofalot
    103dodgy matt
    104 Speedy
    105 L Hyslop
    106DUCKADDICT
    107 Busaman
    108Kwakaman 3
    109 darkrider
    110Delboy
    111harry
    113avalon biddle
    114Mike messita
    115 Nickstas spannerman
    116 barbender
    KEITH BIDDLE
    KickingZebra TD5
    COULAM
    REKKE
    A Montgomery
    Mark scott

Deposit --balance to pay on the day

Deane C
    Worm
    Buddy L
    Phil Morgan
    MATTHEW BROOKES
    Ryan Milbank
    Paul Byrne
    SimJen
    70Phillip morg
    nutta
    blubyu
    GKettless
    Granma2
    fallofalot
    D_ andD
    russki
    sl1nky
    dennisr
    Kornboy
    Festus
    Brett
    Q.C.S.C
    R6kid
    Bass Baxter Neil

Staff
    Frosty
    Doogal
    Madduck

collection crew
    Trumpy
    Gixxer 4 eva

Marshalls/
    Mstrs
    Hdt boy
    Goblin
    Saul
    Desperate dan
    Little Dog
    Enigma
    Sam I am
    Last edited by FROSTY; 4th May 2007 at 13:31.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY

I want one and all to have a bloody good time so there are some points that are NON negotiable.
    1) Bike setup/gear setup.

ALL BIKES and RIDERS going on the track will be scrutineered.
    In a nutshell the bike needs to be up tom WOF standard but below are some specifics that your bike MUST have

No sharp/edges/loose parts
    Tyres must be road legal for road tyres. (slicks to have visible dot marks)
    ball ends on all levers to be in place.
    .Mirrors removed or taped up.
    No leaking fluids.--- OIL/fork oil/glycol/
    GLASS headlights to be removed or taped up to prevent glass flying if you crash .Plastic headlights are fine
    Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.(plastic wine corks are good for this )
    Handle bar ends must have a solid end--NO open tube ends (PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)
    Brakes to work propperly FRONT and REAR.
    Its preferable to have you tape over your speedo.(Its just a distraction) .

RIDING GEAR
    A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
    LEATHER gloves,
    bike boots,
    cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece suit.
    A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
    If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.

-2 RULES FOR THE DAY
    1 Show concideration for everybody else out there -THIS IS NOT A RACE DAY
    2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
    3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
    4 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere on the track SLOW TO CRUISING SPEED and pull off the "race" line THEN pull into the pits via the pits exit straight away -the clock will be stopped on your session so ya aint gonna miss out on laps. ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
    To explain this --Red flag means a dangerous situation.YOUR bike might be leaking oil or the ambulance/recovery vehicle might need to get to a downed rider-we cant do so until the track is clear
    5 If a slower rider is holding you up either use rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
    6) YELLOW waved flag means SLOW and NO PASSING on that corner
    7) a white flag at start finish point means one lap to go, I will have 3 Chequred flags waving and STATIONARY yellow flags at all other marshal points meaning end of session. Once you see a chequred flag pull into the pits,DO NOT continue riding

8 when leaving the track pull to the far right side of the track and nearing pits exit hold your left hand up to let other riders know you are leaving the track.
    9 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track-Raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.Push the bike away from the track to a safe place -recovery vehicle will pick you up at end of session or you can rejoin if bike is undamaged.The nature of the track means if you crashed in a spot theres a good chance someone else is likely to -If you dont move then I will have to stop the session untill you dont present a danger to yourself or other riders.
    8)dont look back whilst on the track
    9) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
    Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
    10) obey the group passing rules to be explained on the day
    11)Dangerous riding has a zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
    12) the pits speed limit is 40km/h and is NOT a stunt zone--stoppies wheelies etc -I concider this dangerous riding and will treat it as such
    13) The Track is an alchohol free zone -NO alchohol to be consumed in the pits area untill end of day.-by riders or spectators.
    14)Spectators are at no time to have any part of their body past pit wall Please make sure all kids are aware of this rule
    15)Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by event controls and they MUST wear a fluro vest (except during the braking session) --- there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety
    18) YOU are responsible for your pit area -keeping it safe and keeping it clean
    19)Riders in a training session and their coaches will wear fluro vests or fluro sam brownes please be extra conciderate when passing them
    20) First session ALL trackday newbees must wear a fluro vest. Again please be extra conciderate when passing them

Track day timetable
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7.30am --gates open /pits open.
    8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money sighn the indemnity form. get your speed group sticker also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike.to event control
    9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.
    9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photographers to attend
    9.30 --Ambulance arrives
    9.35 -First group out on the track.-riding geear scrutineered on the line
    12.30-1.00 lunch break --if weather permits a wheelie session will be held during this time
    1.05 -4.30 -more riding.
    4.30---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier.
    Last edited by FROSTY; 27th April 2007 at 08:22.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Accomodation for track day

Camellia court is the place I usually organise
    They are in Tonga st
    Taupo
    Which is just off Spa road -(The road to the track)
    The place is really nice .
    They have motel units, 2 which will take 5 people 5 will take 3. They have one cabin sleeping 6 and a couple of others sleeping 4 The deal is a warm bed for the night,hot showers and tea/coffee/cooking facilities supplied - as well as the civilised way to do things methinks.

PH-073784346
    If you want a unit give them a call .
    Last edited by FROSTY; 1st November 2006 at 22:04.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Insuring your bike for track days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys n gals I've been asked about bike insurance cover whilst on the Taupo Track
    Specificly during a KB track day.
    Once again please let me cover this off once and for all
    Insurance cover /exclusion is the responsibility of the individual rider to organise.
    However as I have made VERY clear in the past
    The Kiwibiker trackday in no way is or ever will be a RACE meeting, pacemaking, a reliability trial, speed testor a timed EVENT.
    What that means in plain english is I (AS EVENT ORGANISER) cannot/will not run a RACE meeting or in any way run timing equipment of any sort.
    I cannot however control the actions of any individual who chooses to use HAND HELD timing equipment such as a stopwatch.
    I will be forced to ask that said timing desists -SHOULD I SEE THE TIMING TAKING PLACE

As with EVERY track day I have ever run there will be specific 1 on 1 rider training taking place during the day.

From day one I have made it clear that my trackdays are for the specific purpose of improving your individual riding skills in a safe,controlled enviroment. As such you could say they have always been rider training days.

Anyone unsure how they individually stand in regards to this needs to contact their insurance company.

On a personal note I would like to meet with the undewrighters of any insurance company that elects to decline cover --
    Last edited by FROSTY; 1st November 2006 at 22:17.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Food --Ill be organising a limited range of subway subs for those that want them
    Last edited by FROSTY; 2nd November 2006 at 22:07.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    PITS/PIT GARAGES.
    ive spoken to JACKY at Taupo track she has agreed to rent out the
    Garages are at the VERY special price of $200 each for our trackday
    I know that sounds a lot but
    For this money you get.
    a 4-6 car sized Garage with fluro lighting. --10mx10m
    To give you an idea how big--they have 4 holden v8 sized roller doors and will fit 4 holden V8's with room to spare
    Running water and (at least) 4 electric power points for tyre warmers electric drills etc.
    Before having a moan --think about this--The garage will fit a very MINIMUM of 8 bikes with literally room tons of room around em to work on the bikes Id say more likely each garage will without trouble fit 10 -15 bikes if you arent working on em
    THERE IS ENOUGH ROOM FOR 8 RACE BIKES COMPLETE WITH WARMERS /WORK ON THE BIKES--EVEN FULL WHEEL SWAP OUTS AND NO INTERFERENCE BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL BIKES AT ALL -EVERY BIKE CAN COME AND GO FROM THE GARAGE WITHOUT PASSING OR INTERFERING WITH ANOTHER BIKE
    with a bit of carefull positioning Id suggest that even 10 RACEBIKES would be easily done (might be a squeeze)
    The garages are 10.0m square -with 4 single car roller doors -2 each end

10 of ya get together and bingo $20 buck each
    Call JACKY on 07 3765033 to book a garage --or just get one on the day
    Last edited by FROSTY; 4th May 2007 at 15:13.

Bike
    nun
    one of me's enough for any lifetime mate

:slap:

Bike
    MV Agusta
    May 07??? Thats like 6 months away

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by SN4PD View Post
    May 07??? Thats like 6 months away
    Yup --and i need to book -18 months in advance

Bike
    Honda Bros 650 (Pre 89)
    Isnt that cold duck weekend?

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    Hope to be at #6..........#5 I'll be in Italy with the MV mob. ciao

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    whats the weather ment to be doing that weekend frosty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    nothing :(
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    whats the weather ment to be doing that weekend frosty?
    she'l be alright mate!
    Second is the fastest loser

"It is better to have ridden & crashed than never to have ridden at all" by Bruce Bennett

DB is the new Porridge. Cause most of the mods must be sucking his cock ..... Or his giving them some oral help? How else can you explain it?

Bike
    ZX14R

great day!

Frosty, you da man! thanks for orginising the taupo track day, and washing my blackbird while hangin outa the side of a van with water out of a drink bottle. great day. loads of smiles.
    cheers!
    Testing the limits of tyre traction technology.

Thread Information