Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto Guzzi 2007 models

Bike
    The Griso
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Wont the fly- wheel be lighter, and less stress on components?
    Lighter petrol would help, lower centre of gravity

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    OK, so I have been looking into it and have been suprised rather well... Guzzi is on the move.

With 1200cc, single overhead cam and four valve per cylinder this ups the power to around 109 bhp @ 9,500 rpm with a torque figure of around 80 ftlb.

The utterly unique exhaust system on the Griso 1100 has gone even more extreme on the 8v and now terminates with a "double chamber asymmetrical silencer". See for yourself in the pictures.

The extra power has led to the seat beening resculpted and the peg and bars subtly modified to give a slightly sportier aspect.

Up front, there are 320mm wavy discs and radial Brembo calipers.

I really dident expect to find a redesigned engine but just the 850 square fin remed out to a 1200, how ever un like the daytona engine which the over head gear was belt driven, I cant see belts externaly at all on this new 1200, so that part still has me guessing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moto%20Guzzi%208v%20Griso.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	46529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moto%20Guzzi%20Griso%20Exhaust.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	46530  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    The Griso
    Did ya know the pipe on the original Griso has a weight of around 8.5kg.
    I wonder what this new designed one weighs, it does not look any smaller.

3 options below, do seach about and the list is long.
    The 1st below does improve perfomance they say.
    Check out http://www.mivv.it/moto_usa/news_apri.asp?cn=324 if you are on the look out.
    (I am, but wife wants a sewing machine first, damit)

Name:	M005LEb.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	46533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_21981.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	46534   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrisoMod2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	46535  

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Told ya....

There are a great many new things happening at Moto Guzzi - personally - I have some hope because they are going about it fairly cautiously.

Bike
    Daytona 675
    You can call a Moto Guzzi a tractor all you like for having an "an Agricultural motor" but they still look gorgeous don't they?

No one does a bike like the italians do. That 1200 sport looks incredible. They're well built too, I had a perv at the ones in at Mt Eden motorcycles and everything looks good, the dials are very bespoke.

Can't wait for my full licence and a full time engineering salary to buy one of these

Is it sad for a 21 year old to want a Moto Guzzi?

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantasaurus View Post
    Not at all but you have to be willing to listening to all the sheep bleating about 300kph. You either get Guzzi - or you don't. If you get it, as a bonus you become a member of a great global 'society' full of some of the most decent motorcyclists I have ever had the honour to be associated with.

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    I absolutely love the looks of the Griso, they have just got a winner there.

Nothing else says "style" more than this pic here.....

Name:	griso_80.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	456.7 KB 
ID:	46557  

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    Daytona 675
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Not at all but you have to be willing to listening to all the sheep bleating about 300kph. You either get Guzzi - or you don't. If you get it, as a bonus you become a member of a great global 'society' full of some of the most decent motorcyclists I have ever had the honour to be associated with.
    I still don't get the big deal people make about 300km/h. It doesn't take any skill to get a bike up to that speed provided it will do it, just a nice big straight bit of road. It's not what I'm looking for.... I like the sound and feel of riding a bike, not stupidly high speeds. Yes, I do have plenty of testosterone, but if I want some stress relief or a buzz, it can wait til I join the Territorials after I finish Uni.

Oh... and I have been up to those sorts of speeds before, as passenger in a Mustang racecar around puke. Wasn't particularly scary, nor did the driver seem too troubled by the whole thing, she just kept the pedal planted and it got up there. Just in case anyone tries to defend 300km/h runs...

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Bullet View Post
    3 options below,
    My preferance tho... would be to swing the can under neith to the right hand side tho, showing the swing armless rear of at its best and aswell as making a rear wheel change efotless.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantasaurus View Post
    Na man, you simpily just have the tast for the indervidual... you will go places

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    as a bonus you become a member of a great global 'society' full of some of the most decent motorcyclists I have ever had the honour to be associated with.
    Why thank you Paul
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Why thank you Paul
    Pah! Exceptions to every rule I suppose.....

OH - must send you a copy of the wee movie the Dutch Guzzisti made of the Wellington experience...

Bike
    I must ask, what is it like owning a 'Guzzi ?
    ie ease of maintenance etc.

I want one as my next bike, quite like the look of the V11 Sports (non-faired).

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by nudemetalz View Post
    I must ask, what is it like owning a 'Guzzi ?
    ie ease of maintenance etc.

I want one as my next bike, quite like the look of the V11 Sports (non-faired).
    nude me old mate... its like this, I brought my 1st MG when I was offered an offer for my 500 turbo that I couldnt say no. This ment that I could buy my dream bike of the time.
    5yrs ago I brought me the 1100inj sport, off the net and having never ridden one.
    1st time I rode it I thought WTF have I done, it was not good, vibrated rattley clutch, twist to the left when taking off... it was like nothing I had ridden before.

Now the thing is 6 months later I was loving it more and more every day. The MG people I meet were awesome, kind, funny, helpfull (well ya have to be cos thers a few wee tricks ya have to know if owning one)

Now 2yrs on and the chance to get my 1st brand new bike came up, so i traded the MG in on a VTR1000 Firestorm.
    Great bike, whellied well shit load a stink etc... but 1 of a million, I had to spend thousands on it making it different to all the other VTR's out there.

Now something was missing so 2yrs down the track it dawned on me what it was... the MG.. it was in my blood contagous like the plage.

So last year I traded it in on a new V11, a Nero Corsa, the very last LeMans to be built. Top notch brakes and suspension... lacked the grunt of the VTR but so what it has more touque than the Storm and thats whats usuable on todays roads.
    And I might ad the Guzzi whellies too, is way more comphy touring and apart from lacking a tad on the ground clearance, it hauls arse on the track with the best of them.

At the end of the day... you wont know till ya try one. As far as maintanance, there aint none apart from a oil change, check the tappets (ohh so easy) and a little grease on the sharfty once in a while.

Now was ther anything else I can help with?
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    The Griso
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    1st time I rode it I thought WTF have I done, it was not good, vibrated rattley clutch, twist to the left when taking off... it was like nothing I had ridden before.

Now the thing is 6 months later I was loving it more and more every day. The MG people I meet were awesome, kind, funny, helpfull (well ya have to be cos thers a few wee tricks ya have to know if owning one)

Now something was missing so 2yrs down the track it dawned on me what it was... the MG.. it was in my blood contagous like the plage.

Nero Corsa, the very last LeMans to be built. Top notch brakes and suspension... lacked the grunt of the VTR but so what it has more touque than the Storm and thats whats usuable on todays roads.
    Ole Nude, I would have to aggree with the Man!
    Myself I have never riden anything with more than two cyclinders, they all were a bit rattly, First time I jumped on my little Nevada 750 My wife and I said that was it, a great wee bike that got me around to see alot. When it came to look for something else, realy the only contenders were the Beva 1100 Griso 1100, and I was thinking about the Buel Ulysess (never got to ride one of those though)
    I was sold on the Griso as soon as I rode it, sure the clutch is a bit rattly at idle when pulled in. The gear box is much better than the Nevada, but still has it moments.
    Over all, just gotta love it. And I think the thing that they are not seen on every street corner is kinda nice (though there are a few gettin about now)

I to would say that you gotta take one for a run and make ya own mind up...

I'm in love with mine

Bike
    Thanks Dangerous & Ghost_Bullet
    Very insightful !!!

I always thought I liked the big inline 4's til I had a ride on my friend's Buell Cyclone. It has a loud V&H pipe and pod filter on it.
    I loved the v-twin feel but Buell's don't really float my boat.
    Always like the Guzzi's, they're just that little bit different for an Italian machine.

Alrighties,...how do I convince the wife?
    Should I use the line ,.."well I want a v-twin so I could be just like you on your VTR-250??" ...errr, that may not work....

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Tell her you've been reading up on how dangerous a neglected chain can be and how critical it is to lubrictae them throughly.

The old way, boiling it in grease.

And proceed to do so (use an old chain if you can't be bothered taking yours off).

Fill the house with stinky smoke from the hot grease. Then spread greasy black shit throughout the house.Don't forget the curtains.

When she erupts, feign injured innocence. Ask her if she wants you to be safe or not. For the sake of the children/kittens/pot plants as appropriate.

Then point out that , of course, if you had a shaft drive bike, none of this problem would occur. And, by chance, you have these brochures, and you THINK, hang on yes, it IS shaft drive. Sorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Thread Information