Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto Guzzi 2007 models

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Blimmin' 'eck, Ixion !!!!
    If I did that, I don't think even the SAS could help me !!!!!!!!

Funny you should say that because we do have to do the camchains and tensioners on her 250 (gee, not a common Honda fault at all)

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    El Bandito Negro
    very cute, wish I could have one but won't have the cash for a very long time
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by nudemetalz View Post
    Alrighties,...how do I convince the wife?
    easy, ya tell her 4cyl's belong in cars... and ya already have one of them.
    Now if you get around to a MG test ride, make sure you take it for a LONG test ride, cos like I said 1st impresion wont be that good, the longer ya spend on one the more at home you become.
    Remember the clutchs are 'dry' so they are ment to rattle sme as the tappets, they have huge clearences, the big fly wheel will cause the bike to drop into corners fast and that with the shaft will cause the bike to drift to the left... BUT before no time you will get used to this and wont even notice it.

Now if you get to the point were you are considering a V11 post up which modle and I'll fill ya in on the differences between the years.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    The Griso
    Someones been workin on photoshop here, will guzzi develop another bike that is Quota'ish (thats a model I have not seen in the flesh for a long time)
    The Quota was not pretty, but for some reason I liked it's look. There was one sitting in a Chch store for years it seems quite some time ago, and I enjoyed stopping by it to take a look.

I dont much like the idea of using the Breva as the base of styling for up and coming models.

Below is the so called image of the Stelvio, and the Quota
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guzzistelvioridotta6jf.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	46644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mg_quota1100es_800.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	159.5 KB 
ID:	46645  

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    easy, ya tell her 4cyl's belong in cars... and ya already have one of them.
    Now if you get around to a MG test ride, make sure you take it for a LONG test ride, cos like I said 1st impresion wont be that good, the longer ya spend on one the more at home you become.
    Remember the clutchs are 'dry' so they are ment to rattle sme as the tappets, they have huge clearences, the big fly wheel will cause the bike to drop into corners fast and that with the shaft will cause the bike to drift to the left... BUT before no time you will get used to this and wont even notice it.

Now if you get to the point were you are considering a V11 post up which modle and I'll fill ya in on the differences between the years.
    Thanks Dangerous.

I'm in the process of refurbing the ZX-10 while I can't ride (for now).
    When we last went around the SI at Easter I told her the hunched over (well, relatively) position hurt my wrists and back (I had a crash at Ruapuna many years ago) and thought about replacing it with a more upright positioned bike.
    Funny thing is, is that she agreed !!
    This gives me ammunition !!!!

I hear what you’re saying and it totally concurs with what I’ve read on the net about MG’s.

Cheers,
    TNZ

Bike
    Daytona 675
    Quote Originally Posted by thehollowmen View Post
    very cute, wish I could have one but won't have the cash for a very long time
    Cute? Not a word I'd use to describe a Guzzi. Distinctive? I don't know, but definitely not cute.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Bullet View Post
    Someones been workin on photoshop here, will guzzi develop another bike that is Quota'ish
    I hope that they do, could see myself on a Quota some day... but that new pic you show, that fairing is horid.
    MG have been building off road bikes for a long time, from 50cc too 650 4v heads and 750's and lets not forget the bigger 1000/1100's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cross50.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	46698   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	650ntx.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	46699   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	750ntx.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	46700   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stornellocross.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	46701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v35tt_85.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	46702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quota1000.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	46703  
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Well, I told the Missus I want a Moto Guzzi today.
    She said "like that one (the Griso 1200) on your PC wallpaper?".
    I said "errr...not quite that expensive...but along those lines"

So ,..the ball is rolling...just have to finish off the '10 and go from there.

Bike
    The Griso
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    I hope that they do, could see myself on a Quota some day... but that new pic you show, that fairing is horid.
    MG have been building off road bikes for a long time, from 50cc too 650 4v heads and 750's and lets not forget the bigger 1000/1100's
    Yeah for sure, I will never regret the decision to get what I got, but there is a part of me that longs for something that can get out back country, If Guzzi had a quota style bike at the time I was looking, that might well have been the winner.

Well, I told the Missus I want a Moto Guzzi today.
    She said "like that one (the Griso 1200) on your PC wallpaper?".
    I said "errr...not quite that expensive...but along those lines"

So ,..the ball is rolling...just have to finish off the '10 and go from there.
    Good work, you know I faced the same task myself of convincing my other half of the dire need for a bike replacement. In some ways it was quite sad that the hardest part was choosing the bike, she was more, "just make a decision!"
    Enjoy the hunt for the "most wanted"

Bike
    What made you go for the Griso, may I ask please, Ghost_Bullet?

(I know the fact that it's drop-dead gorgeous may have came into it )

Bike
    The Griso

What made me go the Griso??? I was considering a Jackel for about 13k, The I thought if I could get a nice trade for my Nevada I would look at a Breva. it was about 19k at the time. When I went for the test ride they did not have the breva instore, so the fella said take the griso.. same engine. BIG bad mistake, I loved it. Took a Breva out the following weekend, did not hate it, but I did not feel the same emotion for it.
    I was sold on the Griso, secured a deal that made me feel happy at least. and took it home a few days later.

The Griso is unique, looks great, and most importantly makes me happy

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans

Well I might aswell but back in again... heres my write up on the Griso when it was 1st released this year. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25273 (Pics and thoughts from post 20)
    If i didnt already have the bike I do, then I'd have had a griso by now, but the Nero corsa is a rare bike and is awesom on the open rd... and its far from being paid off, so ill keep it for the time being.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Thanks for the link Dangerous and thanks for the reply Silver_Bullet.

As much as I'd love a Griso, they're a little out of my price league (for now anyway), so will concentrate on seeing what other MG's are available.
    I don't want anything as old as a Mk4/5 Le Mans, something definitely single-shock.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Why a Moto Guzzi?

I don't know - honestly ... But they appeal to people that just don't want another megga hp sportsbike or a super polished super tourer. Neither does the Motor Companies products particularly appeal. They are looking for a little bit of history, a little bit of rarity and a lot of raw motorcycle.

BUT be warned - this is a bike that will test you. You will have odd problems and there will be times when you wonder what on earth possessed you to purchase shuch a useless pile of crap - at the other end of the scale you will have days when you wonder why it took so long for the wool to fall from you eyes and your heart with leap from the pure joy of riding the thing.

Guzzis traditionally appeal to people that like to tinker and do most of their own maintenance but thats changing as well. The bikes are getting better all the time but thus far they have not lost their Guzziness which is a very rare thing in this day.

Above all else - I have never failed to be impressed with the quality of the people that own them. I have made some very very good friends in Aussie, NZ, the States and in Europe just from participating in the whole Moto Guzzi madness. (I write a regular column in the MGNOC magazine)

People that blag them have never taken the time to try an understand them or at least have never managed to suff their egos back into their trousers and enjoy the bike for what it is, getting over the fact it's never going to have 170hp is a start....

If you buy a Guzzi - it will cost you a fortune and break your heart but if you fall under the spell of the falcon you will happily throw money at it and howl like a loon at the memory of feeling the big twin climbing up onto the cam and the whole cast joining the tenor on stage for the chorus.... Bellisimo... Its a heroic bike - a piston engined fighter plane - the last of the big hairy chested twins - love it before the standards athourities slap us all into line on our electric mountain bikes

Bike
    TDM900a
    Thanks for your Why a Moto Guzzi post

Only new bike I ever bought was a 1995 Cali - which left me in tears in the end - no two bolts were the same and minor teething problems included the rear fender falling off, fuel injection hoses perishing after a year...

But as you say always been something missing ever since..

Cannot get used to the look of the post aprilia guzzi so always been vaguely tempted by a 1100 sport carb that someone else has spent the last decade sorting out ..
    ------------------------------------------------
    jazz is not dead it just smells funny
    TDM900

Thread Information