Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Moto Guzzi 2007 models

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Yes that is a bugger.

How popular are the Rattley Tappets rallies (ie how many bikes attend etc) ?
    Is there a website or a picture site of them?

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    2009 Ducati Streetfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by nudemetalz View Post
    Yes that is a bugger.

Been to a four of these over the years, certainly worth attending. Unlike another Italian bike marque,I'd say 80% of the attendees where on school Guzzi's.
    Usually held over labour weekend if my memory serves me right !!
    As mad as a spider, and twice as hairy !

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Yes that is a bugger.

Been to a couple down here, quite, small, close nit bunch... but all up great folk, hell the last one O went to I rocked up on my Firestorm.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Come along Nude's, next one at Ohakune Labor Weekend. PM if you want a copy of the registration paper. Very relaxed affair, friendly bunch of people
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    I'm very tempted.
    Yes please to a copy

Bike
    Just had a looksie in Scooterazzi today, the new scooter shop that has the Guzzi agency.

Sat on the Griso, 1200 Sport & Bellagio. I'm surprised at how wide the Guzzis have got lately, must be because the V11 Sport has deep cut outs for the legs in the tank.
    They have a 8V Griso demonstrator in there so I think a test-ride is in order, probably this Saturday.

Bike
    RF900 /cbr1100xx/GAS GAS 250
    that 8v is sweet, love the bars!
    i had a sit on them all on the weekend.
    one thing i did notice was (i think it was the 8v or may have been the 4v one) the electric connectors sticking out of the top of the head right were your knee goes, silly we plastic guard stops you wacking them, dont know how long that will last! not such a good design.

Just had a looksie in Scooterazzi today, the new scooter shop that has the Guzzi agency.

Sat on the Griso, 1200 Sport & Bellagio. I'm surprised at how wide the Guzzis have got lately, must be because the V11 Sport has deep cut outs for the legs in the tank.
    They have a 8V Griso demonstrator in there so I think a test-ride is in order, probably this Saturday.
    its Crazy Big Al but if your have lesbian fantasies you can read it crazy bi gal if you like!

Bike
    Yeah I did notice that too, perhaps a "Griso-owner" could elaborate on day to day running with knees hitting things? (Ghost_Bullet?).

One other thing I noticed was how deep you seemed to sit into the 1200 Sport whereas the Griso and Bellagio were more on top.

Bike
    The Griso
    The Griso Rocks!!!! your knees depending on your height will sit behind the cylinders, and fit quite nicely on the plastic faring, I have never had any electric conectors go bad. My experience tells me the griso is a solid machine. Sure I have had the odd oil leak from the rear diff, but that is about as bad it has got.
    As far is riding, the sadle is great... after say 600 700km, sure the arse is beginning to feel a little sore. and about the same time the wide bars may inflict a little discomfort on the shoulder blades. I think the 8v's bars a slightly narrower?? Though have not seen one side by side to compare.

The only other thing is with after market pipes, and the lack of mapping to get fuling right, likley to cause popping on slowing, and in cold weather idling may fluctuate until warm.

Other wise The Griso Truely does rock.... planty of torque, plenty of style, plenty of feel and handles great.

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Yeah I did notice that too, perhaps a "Griso-owner" could elaborate on day to day running with knees hitting things? (Ghost_Bullet?).

One other thing I noticed was how deep you seemed to sit into the 1200 Sport whereas the Griso and Bellagio were more on top.
    The 1200 is more closely based on the Breva ergonomics-wise, the Griso you kinda sit on top of it. Knees do hit if your over 6 feet, my mate sat on mine and he was splayed by the motor, others have worn the paint off the exposed frame and side panels very early in the piece.
    I am 5'11" and the Griso was perfect for me. Loove the 8V but alas not at 25K

Nudes- lost the rally invite, have now scanned it and will send via PM tomorrow night, sorry about my uselessness
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    Thanks Dodgy.
    I'm still 50:50 about going but I should really , shouldn't I.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Thanks Dodgy.
    I'm still 50:50 about going but I should really , shouldn't I.
    Mate Im booked in for a spin on the 4v head Griso down here, I just need the bloody time to do it, no harm in trying.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    I meant 50:50 about going to the Rattley Tappets.

I'm DEFINITELY gong to take the 8v Griso out

Bike
    The Griso
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    no harm in trying.

Wrong!!!! there would be harm... hell me Mr impulsive would arrive back at the shop and want want want. Look what happened after I rode that stupid RD350lc... I had to have somthing like it for the track.... DAMN IT!!!

Bike
    2016 Honda Africa Twin DCT
    Well personally I think I am very glad my Guzzi itch has been scratched and I will be keeping away from Scooterazzi as I am more than happy with my V11, any temptation coming my way, I'd be a dead man. But it's good to hear that Welly has a dealer, they might want to make more of an effort to advertise the fact though scooterazzi website doesn't mention it at all, and if they have a seperate guzzi related site google isn't picking up on it.

Cheers

Andy

Thread Information