Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto Guzzi 2007 models

Bike
    The Griso

Moto Guzzi 2007 models

Well well, no sooner has guzzi thrown out the breva, griso and norge. They anounced this year a 850cc variations of the Griso, Breva and now the Norge.
    Those guys must be on steroids or somethin'.

2007 is just around the corner and they have more bikes on the table to make at least me salavate over.... ( the new Griso anyways)
    Do they think they can take on Harley with the 940 Custom? I am not sure what I would go, an 883 or this 940 if given the choice. (pic Below)(make a less Cali style tank and maybe...)

I bought a black Griso in March this year, now they throw orange into the mix of colours?? Never been a person for citrus, I am way to lazy to peal these things. Orange flavoured lollies are more my taste. I think this new Guzzi fruiti colour is nice, but black still wins for me.

The exciting one right now has to be the new Griso 8V.
    4 valves per cylinder, 1200cc must mean a few more HP at the rear wheel, the exaust is again one surely people will love to hate, though really a bit of improvement??? Not really sure what it is sposed to do, (louder, quieter)???
    There a also a couple of subtle styling changes, not sure I like the new seat design.
    This one could be in the shops May 07. Lookin forward to seeing and riding it.

For now I think the Griso 1100 will be my company for some time yet.

Oh and they got this new Breva inspired 1200 sport bike, I like the paint, another worth a demo ride when in gets here.

Awesome stuff from a company that could have disapeared from existance.

1.940 Custom
    2.Orange
    2.Griso 1200
    3.Griso 1200 (double chamber asymmetrical silencer)
    4.1200 Sport

You could go and check out the rest of the goss at http://www.motoguzzi.it/home.asp?lin=eng

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G8G21762.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	46186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G8G20754.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	46187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G8G20739.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	46188   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G8G20728.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	46189   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1200sport.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	46190  

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Yeah, well... hmmm, not sure about that stone bike and its pipes and the twin can on the Griso looks no beter than the single, the sport is a Breva with diferent bars and a seat cowl... so nothing all that new.
    The Griso was 1st built with the 4v head in mind but MG decided they had none left.
    Time will tell I guess.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Kawasaki ER6n
    I had a test ride on a 750 Nevada a year ago and, weeeell, honestly I found nothing on it worth getting exited about. The whole bike felt kinda ""soft"".

Power was low and suspension was dubious.
    For $ 15 500 it was not value for money.
    Maybe these new ones are better.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    I had a test ride on a 750 Nevada a year ago and, weeeell, honestly I found nothing on it worth getting exited about. The whole bike felt kinda ""soft"".

The 750 is a small block, the bikes above big blocks... so theres no comparison as far as power goes.
    The Nevada is a cruser style bike, so 'soft' is how they ride... ever tried a HD?
    The Guzzi is a bike that you need to spend time on to get used to and apresiate, then you will either love it or not.
    The bikes above are awesom, the Griso with a high rise pipe is the mutts nutts, handles sweet and has pleanty of snot, while the HP is not great the torque is were its at eg: last w/e a guy on a 900 Ninja said I was pulling away from him.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    The Griso
    Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post

You are not wrong with the Nevada, I had one for some 4 years or so, but to be honest for that time I found it a great bike, served its purposed of hauling my wife and myself around at a sedate pace. I took an awesome tour of the entire South Island, the Nevada did it's thing(extremly reliable). I am sure not experienced when it comes to Jap or other bikes of similer cc rating. I must admit, from 2004 I was beginning to feel like a Nana riding around on it, and wishing for more. I ended up having an Internet affair with a Griso.... the rest is history.
    I would find it real hard to switch brand.
    I might be biased, I think there might be a little guzzi flowing through my veins.

Go jump on one of the big ones grego, you might be suprised.......

Bike
    So old you won't care
    You either get Moto Guzzi and all the glorious oddness - or you don't.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    That new Norge looks a beautiful and very practical machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2009 Ducati Streetfighter

Thumbs up

What I want to know is where is the MGS02 they promised afew years back. One regret is I'd secured an MGS01 but found out it had no road gear so said no thanks, bugger it, I should have got it anyway
    As mad as a spider, and twice as hairy !

Bike
    ninja 250
    Has that 1200 Sport in the top photos got a white "number board" on the tail section?? The old race rep, aye? Thought I'd seen the odd Guzzi in the WSBK races..........yeah right!

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    They certainly are ugly in a beautiful sort of way . At least they have character and people that still love no matter what the factory does. Sort of like the anti christ (anti harley crowdish) pity about the resale tho.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by gav View Post
    Has that 1200 Sport in the top photos got a white "number board" on the tail section?? The old race rep, aye? Thought I'd seen the odd Guzzi in the WSBK races..........yeah right!
    Now WTF are you on about gav, No one said any thing about WSBK... but FWIW, Guzzi's back ground has predominately been right from the start... racing

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    What I want to know is where is the MGS02 they promised afew years back.
    New to me... tell me more

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    You either get Moto Guzzi and all the glorious oddness - or you don't.
    Amen
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    New to me... tell me more
    It was when the MGS01 was first conceived, maybe about the time Aprilia took over, it was going to have a 2 valve pushrod engine ala 1100Sport/V11 engine with the same bodywork as the 01,now that would be a seller IMHO, instead of all the V11,LeMans knockup variations they did (just re-read your post,not getting @ your bike), I do like the Griso though but it should've had the 4 valve as intended

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Oooo baby give me a griso or the sport. NICE!

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    I see no where for a plough to be fitted on any of those agricultural devices...

Bike

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by r4q2 View Post
    I see no where for a plough to be fitted on any of those agricultural devices...
    Gosh that is soooo original, I spose it had to happen sooner rather than later

Thread Information