Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Tributes to LooseBruce and DSS3

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Never met either though did have some pms with one re TLs and seemed a genuine good bugger,that aside they were both motorcyclists that met an untimely end both had friends/family and deserve to be remembered and respected.Thoughts to family and friends and am sad for your loss.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    The C**t.
    10 year anniversary coming up. Anybody keen for a ride next weekend?
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    2004 Yamaha R6 - a blue one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyetie View Post
    Not sure if many of the old crew of KB are still around on the site. Hard to believe it's coming up to 10 years that this accident happened, where we lost Darryl and Bruce (DSS3 & LOOSEBRUCE). Those on that ride will no doubt like me remember it clearly. For the new guys that won't have been lucky enough to have met these two they were icons of the site at the time, both arguably very good riders who raced together on the track and helped a lot of the guys on KB where they could, and had a lot of friends and respect through there combined passion for the sport, but paid the ultimate price for a mistake that day and showed they weren't invincible.
    On the 2nd Of Dec planning to get over to the Coromandel to pay my respects to these two fallen riders who were my good friends, Bruce if you can see my new bike from above on Friday know that there is no way still I would let you ride it . To any of the old crew who check in around this time and Bruce and Darryls parents and family, Nicky, Dan, Brett, Jimmy, Sudeep, Andy, Jen etc, hope you are all well and I will be thinking of you all next Friday when I am there. Cheers
    Hello there, yes, Friday will be a very special day to remember two riders. Daryl was going for, in his words, "one last ride before I focus on rowing mum. I don't need to loose time off work with injuries". Little did we know that one last ride was exactly correct. To say I miss my only child is an understatement at best, the void is immense and not pleasant. I am looking forward to meeting all the riding friends on Friday to let our balloons aloft. See you there....and thanks to everyone for the continued remembrance. Love you all for the memories

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dale smith View Post
    Hello there, yes, Friday will be a very special day to remember two riders. Daryl was going for, in his words, "one last ride before I focus on rowing mum. I don't need to loose time off work with injuries". Little did we know that one last ride was exactly correct. To say I miss my only child is an understatement at best, the void is immense and not pleasant. I am looking forward to meeting all the riding friends on Friday to let our balloons aloft. See you there....and thanks to everyone for the continued remembrance. Love you all for the memories
    Our hearts continue to go out to you. I'm to far away to make the ride, but my thoughts are with you all. I met Daryl a number of times at the track - he was a truly outstanding young man, as was Bruce.

Bike
    The C**t.
    What time are you thinking eyetie and where are you coming from?
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    10 F**king years! Jesus H Christ in a sock!

Still think of Bruce, Darryl....and, of course - Uncle Bruce, the day after.

Just before I left to come over west, I told Bruce to take it a bit easier, and he just grinned and retorted "yeah yeah, old man"......I suppose it was like asking a cat to stop chasing mice!

That black weekend had a very sobering effect on many peoples lives and attitudes........

Ride on, boys,you're still missed.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    2017 BMW S1000R

Trip

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post
    What time are you thinking eyetie and where are you coming from?
    Hi Marko, I am pretty limited by work but hope to be leaving Bombay at around 12.30 to get over there and pay my respects and head back. I have only got back on a bike in the last month and had a ten year break. A little gun shy on riding at the moment as still finding my feet, and easing very slowly back into it, so cant imagine I am a good wingman currently.
    A good friend will bail you out of jail........
    But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying Damn we f****d up

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    It certainly was a shithouse weekend that one. I've noticed that I'm not attending as many funerals of riders any more, thank goodness. Did we all grow up or is it just not spending so much time on KB any more? I'd like to think that time changed my riding for the better, but maybe growing up and seeing my children on motorcycles did more than attending funerals.

I still think about UncleB, Bruce and Daryl from time to time and wonder what might have been, especially this time of year, when my Facebook feed crops up with pics.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Fourteen years on and thoughts turned to Darryl and the 2 Bruces, for no particular reason.......ones that leave a smile...
    Some events just stay with you.....
    Gone, but not forgotten, boys.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    06 BMW R1200GS
    A terrible weekend indeed, remember it like it was yesterday.

Thread Information