Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley-Davidson unviels Screamin' Eagle V-Rod!

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    The engine started off as the VR1000 Super bike motor. Porsche re-engineered and down tuned it to make it last longer than 3.5 hours.

When HD took delivery of an engine, they'd run it on a dyno at full revs, full load to see how long it'd last.

When it broke, they'd have Porsche re-do it. After about 6 months, they had an engine that would last 500 hours continuous canning, non stop! That's full revs, fully loaded for over 20 days.

Now tell me all HDs are unreliable.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    The engine started off as the VR1000 Super bike motor. Porsche re-engineered and down tuned it to make it last longer than 3.5 hours.
    Like what Lambo did with what became the Viper V10, eh? Except in the other direction, kinda.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    When it broke, they'd have Porsche re-do it. After about 6 months, they had an engine that would last 500 hours continuous canning, non stop! That's full revs, fully loaded for over 20 days.
    Just a thought, how much gas would that use up... are they an efficient motor?
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Dry Weight 284.0 kg
    Running Order 293.0 kg
    I didn't realise the V-Rod was still that heavy, they would be quick if they could get rid of some of the lard.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by celticno6
    Just a thought, how much gas would that use up... are they an efficient motor?
    I used 15litres between, Masterton/Castlepoint/Masterton. 132km.

And I had to virtually pedal the thing the last 20km and let the Jappas go. Untill then, there was a very nervous Jimbo watching the Gixxer mirrors.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    .. and people complain about SUV's be gas guzzlers - my Landcruiser would do that 132km on 16 litres, but not at your speed mind.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    I used 15litres between, Masterton/Castlepoint/Masterton. 132km.

And I had to virtually pedal the thing the last 20km and let the Jappas go. Untill then, there was a very nervous Jimbo watching the Gixxer mirrors.
    Shoot! I would use about 7litres but then my bike wouldn't be leaving a sonic boom like yours
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    I always thought Screaming Eagle was something to do with getting a testicle caught in an exposed drive belt.
    Ha ha ha! Or zipping one's willy into one's fly?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    ninja 250

When HD took delivery of an engine, they'd run it on a dyno at full revs, full load to see how long it'd last.

Now tell me all HDs are unreliable.
    Of course what Harley should have done was just buy the Britten

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by gav
    Of course what Harley should have done was just buy the Britten
    There was a rumour (unsubstantiated) that when approached, Mr Britten was not interested in selling the Britten. I could (and probably am) talking utter shit but that's my understanding.

Why would Harley want a sports bike that competes with Buell anyway....

Ah,Porsche - of Lada Samara fame,they take the money and run.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    CB1300
    I've always thought of harleys a bit like any other big block. They are for the man who does not care about the quarter mile as they have more torque than would be required to pull a stump, or an overwheight middle aged guy.

Bike
    CB1300
    realises what he just said and shivers in fear...... Less than a decade to go before it is my responsibility as a overwheight middle aged white guy to have a Harley and a rediculously overpowered R1 parked next to the F250.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog
    realises what he just said and shivers in fear...... Less than a decade to go before it is my responsibility as a overwheight middle aged white guy to have a Harley and a rediculously overpowered R1 parked next to the F250.

Please! Dodge Ram.

F250....mutter....grumble
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    I was thinking more along the lines of F-150 SVT, tuned by Walton Special Vehicles......
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Thread Information