Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Harley-Davidson unviels Screamin' Eagle V-Rod!

Bike
    Arse Bandit
    Yeah, heard one yesterday, made me wish I had a lassoo

Honestly, I could fit inside that exhaust! I think that most HD riders must be deaf, because it is quieter at an airfield (on the runway) than 100 feet away from a HD.

The public just knows most bikes as the Harleys, and the Non Harleys... which sometimes get called Harleys...

I'm not knocking them, because i am a slobberish n00b l4m3x0r, but it just plains annoys me
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    if you have a face afterwards well... that depends how you act...

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Lets face it though - Harley-Davidson is the one bike that non-bikers know.

Tell a non-biker you ride and it is odds on they'll say "Do you ride a Harley?" When you tell them no, guaranteed they'll reply "Oh I bet you wish you did though". And then start telling you how they saw a Harley-Davidson Virago or Dragstar or Marauder just the other day...
    Funny you mention that. I was talking to a bloke the other day a apperently (according to his "biker" mate) Ducatis engines where produced by H-D! Nearly crashed the 4 x 4 I was driving laughing. Needless to say he was corrected in the error of his ways

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    One question though - why is it that no-one seems to be able to spell Harley-Davidson's accessories company's name correctly?

It is Screamin' Eagle! No idea why, but there seems to be 1,001 spellings of it commonly used - and they are never right!
    Screamin' Seagull, Screamin Rooster, the choice is yours.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    Squawkin' Chicken.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    KTM300EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    Squawkin' Chicken.
    Moaning Moa

Bike
    1997 Ducati 600 Supersport
    Shiny Things (trademark Red Dwarf)

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    Gee, if I chose one of those would my hogly go even faster?
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike

I do get irritated with "Harley - the attitude". Normally not Harley RIDERS, but Harley OWNERS that buy into all the sales pitch. Note the very, very specific distinction between RIDERS (like Scumdog) and OWNERS (the people that have to have all the dopey bits and pieces, buy the mugs, call each other "dude" and so forth).
    Lets face it though - Harley-Davidson is the one bike that non-bikers know.

Tell a non-biker you ride and it is odds on they'll say "Do you ride a Harley?" When you tell them no, guaranteed they'll reply "Oh I bet you wish you did though". And then start telling you how they saw a Harley-Davidson Virago or Dragstar or Marauder just the other day...
    See, I told you! Two types of riders, those with a Harley and those that want one :cool2:
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    See, I told you! Two types of riders, those with a Harley and those that want one :cool2:
    I'm going to be gone some time... I am off to look for reality and it seems to have disappeared over the horizon...
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    I'm going to be gone some time... I am off to look for reality and it seems to have disappeared over the horizon...
    Aw c'mon Bob, I'z just kidding! Bob? Bob?, hey Bob? :disapint:

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    And then theres those like madcat and I who think harleys are for wankers who want one cause they think they will become instantly cool. Ask a Harley rider why they brought it and they will give you an answer to do with image, just like someone who is wearing a Nike T-shirt.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    And then theres those like madcat and I who think harleys are for wankers who want one cause they think they will become instantly cool. Ask a Harley rider why they brought it and they will give you an answer to do with image, just like someone who is wearing a Nike T-shirt.

This wanker bought his harley because he wanted one, this wanker also doesn't give a fat rats arse what all the other wankers in the world think of him and his Harley

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    This wanker bought his harley because he wanted one, this wanker also doesn't give a fat rats arse what all the other wankers in the world think of him and his Harley
    Awwww come on SD you reaaaaaallly do care Oh, have I mentioned I wave at wankers?:spudwave:

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Aw c'mon Bob, I'z just kidding! Bob? Bob?, hey Bob? :disapint:
    I'm ba-aa-ck!

Been out this morning to give the XV250 a run (wifey is away, so it needed a quick spin).

It is SO funny when car drivers see the little cruiser in front of them and clearly think "It is slow, I'll go past it"... then realise it is actually carrying a fair head of steam. Best one was when I pulled away from lights and idiot behind decided this. We both reached the speed camera at the same time (I knew it was there, he didn't), so I am set up perfectly for when we leave photo range.

So he starts to accellerate... so do I. He goes up to 50mph... so do I, sitting right by his window. So he ups it to 60... so do I, sitting right by his window. So he starts pushing it further. I pulled out at 65 - still another 10mph left in the little bike, but I knew another camera was coming up (40mph trigger), so I didn't want to over-work the little Yamaha's brakes.

That said, I did shoot past someone else at 75 later - the look on their faces is SO funny. And they can't cope with it and have to try to go past - before realising you've just caned them!

For anyone who says cruisers can't shift - they can. You just have to look at how you get to the speed in a different way.

I'll stop grinning in a while... nah.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Thread Information