Thread: 04 Meanie & Z1

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R

04 Meanie & Z1

A few months ago a life long mate of mine that has been in England as a motorcycle courier for the last 7yrs contacted me to say he was coming home (he'd had enough!). The sod wound me up saying he'd brought a Rocket III and it was waiting here for his arrival back on our fair shores, well he got back 2wks ago spent some time with his olds up Nelson way, collected his bike & rode through to ChCh.

We caught up yesterday & it turns out the bugger has got himself a 04 VN1600 meanstreak definately not a Rocket but close as a power cruiser. Goes bloody well, sounds great & rides deceptively well. The only thing I could pick holes in was how small it looked from behind, bit like a 250 with a huge fat rear hoop.
    It's had a TRE fitted, Vance & Hines pipes, K&N, Jardine forward controls etc, next purchase is a nice Corbin seat(or similar), sissy bar & a small screen. check the pic

Also today at work this beauty rolled in to check out the Z1R-TC we got a couple of weeks back, thought it worth showing as it isn't very often you get to see one in regular use in that condition plus the owner put us on to a Z1R that has been stashed away from new it's apparently got 174km on clock & has never been registered in NZ & brought in privately in 1978 and is for sale for the right coin, needless to say we're on the hunt to get it as a stable mate for the TC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meanie.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	47556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z1 mmm.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	47557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z1 mmm 1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	47558  

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Vance & Hines pipes, K&N
    tad noisy on the gas?

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R
    ...for sale for the right coin...
    hmmm, just one coin? or a whole bunch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    Concours 14
    He brought a mighty fine bike but then i am bias
    i am a bit curious how he gets on with a wof cause the V&H pipes are a little over the legal sound restriction If he gets away with it i may have to buy some
    Sweet ride yeeeea

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
    hmmm, just one coin? or a whole bunch?
    MMM? will be a whole bunch, somewhere between 15-20k probably but we're going to put the squeeze on hopefully. Got to check it out first to see if it lives upto what we've been told

Quote Originally Posted by Meanie View Post
    He brought a mighty fine bike but then i am bias
    i am a bit curious how he gets on with a wof cause the V&H pipes are a little over the legal sound restriction If he gets away with it i may have to buy some
    Yeah it's an awesome bike alright, not really my cup of tea but I'd say it would grow on me if enough time was spent in the saddle loved the 6k redline, lazy big F@#*er, my thing is still way asleep at 6k!

Can't really see any probs with the pipes it burbles away nicely at idle and only when the throttles cracked open it barks into life, on the road under acceleration it has a meaty note to it , I've never had probs with WOF issues with my ZXR's pipe and it's way more anti-social when the taps are opened, then having an adjustable baffle butterfly valve helps at WOF time

Can't remember exactly but either the Jardine controls or the V&H pipes cost $1750 ? I'll check that out.

Bike
    None any more
    Thanks for posting those pictures. I've had to go and have a quiet lie down. There are certain Kawasakis that make me go all weak at the knees. These are two of them.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Thanks for posting those pictures. I've had to go and have a quiet lie down. There are certain Kawasakis that make me go all weak at the knees. These are two of them.
    I know what you mean particularly in regard to the Z1, it made for a great arvo, spent a heap of time just over it

Bike
    Couple of clips for Meanie as per PM I modded the AVI files I'd mentioned.
    See & Hear it isn't to bad with the V&H straight-shots on
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Tell em to contact Cajuns dad at www.trimit.co.nz for a custom seat

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX View Post
    Tell em to contact Cajuns dad at www.trimit.co.nz for a custom seat
    Cheers will mention it to him he's looking at doing something soon.

Did a headlight in on the weekend ( got drilled by a stone) So I had to order a new lense unit for it $152.55 retail (he's lucky I get a good discount)& I'm currently tracking down a lense protector aswell.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Cheers will mention it to him he's looking at doing something soon.

Did a headlight in on the weekend ( got drilled by a stone) So I had to order a new lense unit for it $152.55 retail (he's lucky I get a good discount)& I'm currently tracking down a lense protector aswell.
    Just dont let him do this

But that gives you an idea of there ability to put logos on them, even rather complex ones

Thread Information