Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon Camera (Bike Cam)

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Looks pretty good for $200, i noticed it's only 15 frames per second instead of normal TV 25 fps, that might be where the wobble effect is coming from, but still looks good for internet at least (haven't seen it on real TV so can't comment there)

NOTE: For SD cards, I go here... They have a Kingston 2GB 16x Secure Digital (SD) Card for only $65 NEW at the moment.
    They do other types of memory card and some other related stuff too.
    Cheers
    TA.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Looks pretty good for $200, i noticed it's only 15 frames per second instead of normal TV 25 fps, that might be where the wobble effect is coming from, but still looks good for internet at least (haven't seen it on real TV so can't comment there)
    Maybe the 15fps is a YouTube thing. It was recorded at 30fps, which is the camera's highest setting. The wobbly bollox looked pretty much the same on the telly, but overall the picture quality was a bit better, even on a 42" screen.

Man, if this thing works like this on my VibraGlide, I reckon it'll work on anything.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Um ok, i don't know how many frames per second Youtube uses, I just quoted the 15fps from first post by Gunner where he listed the specs, but you're right, i see the link provided by kendog says it's 30fps in the second generation version of the camera.
    I don't know where the wobbly flag effect is arrising, i don't have it in any of my YouTube content.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    I've just got one. Going to fit it to the bucket and will (hopefully) have some footage from the racing at Taupo. Still got to get a SD card for it.
    Anyone tested a 4gig card yet?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    I don't know where the wobbly flag effect is arrising, i don't have it in any of my YouTube content.
    I do..... I could see the camera shaking like a leaf on the bars, and I know from hanging on to them that it can feel like you're trying to hold back a supercharged washing machine on spin cycle at certain revs.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    I've just got one. Going to fit it to the bucket and will (hopefully) have some footage from the racing at Taupo. Still got to get a SD card for it.
    Anyone tested a 4gig card yet?
    I think they will only take a maximum card size of 2Gb.

Bike
    Ducati M750/ MotoFXR
    Hope Santa brings me one of these! It would be an excellent tool for analysing your racing. Plus you could get a pretty accurate idea of lap times. I want one!
    My daughter telling me like it is:
    "There is an old man in your face daddy!"

Bike
    MTS1200, ST-R,Sachs Madass

Talking Vidcam sussed

Hey,Guys. On the back of this thread, I went out and bought one too!. Not easy to find mind you -not all Noel Lemings have them. Pics below... check out how I've mounted the cam. Great product from www.ramsolutions.co.nz. I can also use it to fix my radar detector on as well - just need to buy the mounting plate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4319.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	49792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4318.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	49794  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I took mine racing at Taupo but the vibration proved to be too much... It would turn off a soon as I reached half revs. I'll try a different mounting position.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadmeister View Post
    I got impatient waiting for the memory upgrade, and tried the camera out on the handlebar the other day. ....Weird.
    I'll say! I just about pissed myself laughing - that's about the weirdest video I've seen in a long while.

Not only were the visual effects amusing, but the sound effects - oh dear!

Sorry... I've just about recovered now.
    It must be the drugs...
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    I'll say! I just about pissed myself laughing - that's about the weirdest video I've seen in a long while.

Not only were the visual effects amusing, but the sound effects - oh dear!

Sorry... I've just about recovered now.
    It must be the drugs...
    LOL yeah it was pretty bad. Need a better mounting situation methinks. And to turn off the microphone.

Bike
    95' CBR900
    I got one of these for xmas. So far I have only used it strapped to the helmet for mountain biking, but have just finished up the mockup for a mount to fit it above the mirror mount on the Blade.
    They take great video if the light is right, and constant. It seems to take a few seconds to catch up when you go from from light to dark to light.
    I will post again when I have tested the bike mount out.

Vagrant

Bike
    Blog Entries
    This was my second mount attempt. Too bouncy. I'll have a go at a third one. Link is 1.5mb and a Quicktime movie.

Bike
    moped
    skunk, keep working on it , took mine to taupo track yesterday, had the same problem, turning its self off, did get some footage about half a lap. It actually takes a good picture and sound. Thought the sd card had come loose popped some tape on the back to hold it in more possitive, still did'nt make any differrence. It must be the noise or vibration, cause it works real well on my road bike, mounted solid on the tank. Going to go out hold next to the muffler with the bike running to see if it switches off, that will elliminate if its noise ? I think i will have to look for a better mounting point on the race bike. A bit more experimenting i think!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I think it's just vibration (4 stroke single in an alloy frame) - with a solid mount to the frame it switched off real quick. Second attempt was rubber mounted on the tank with foam underneath. Stayed switched on but wobbled.
    My latest attempt is rubber mount to the frame.
    I also found that it didn't like being close to the high tension electrics...

Thread Information