Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon Camera (Bike Cam)

Bike
    XR600
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    are you sure you were on your bike?
    which bike? maybe the vibration got in the way?
    Lost in USA

Bike
    95' CBR900
    Picked up the mount for my camera yesterday. The guys in our metal shop did an awesome job. It took a bit of stuffing round to get it angled right, but its getting there. Pics below. (dammit, got myself in the mirror)
    At various rpms the vibe harmonic thru the mirror is pretty bad, but the camera doesn't seem to notice it much.
    The audio side is absolute crap, makes the bike sound like its grinding itself to death. I will have to get a piece of microphone foam sock and cable tie it over the pickup, see if that cleans up the sound a bit.

Took it out for its test run on the mentors ride. The picture is great, and going to be handy for coaching. Roll on the Thursday ride. Now I just have to work out how to edit the tracks and Tube it.

One design fault with it is that the controls are small rubber buttons, and hard to get to with gloves on, other than that, I am happy with how its working so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00708.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	52416   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00709.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	52417  
    vagrant

Bike
    2022 Triumph Speed Twin 900
    Hello, my name is Paul and I am addicted to Oregon Cams

I reckon with all the KB'ers buying these things we should have organised a pretty good discount on them by now. I'm going to feel quite out of place on KB rides with every other bike sporting an Oregon Cam

It looks like it's going to be the accessory to have for 2007. Now, if I can invent a clamp that will give no vibration and minimise sound distortion, I won't need to win the lotto this weekend
    If the destination is more important than the journey you aint a biker.

Sci-Fi and Non-Fiction Author
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/pcfris

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Where do I order your clamp?

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ
    i bought one couple months back hopless on the bars (off road) switch off had to go for the side of helmet as to much movement on the arm kept gettin great footage of head stock as it rolled around other wise works great only other hassle is guys i go ridin with aways fall off behind me so never get to take the piss out of them re livin it ova an ova

Bike
    XR600

nice

Quote Originally Posted by vagrant View Post
    At various rpms the vibe harmonic thru the mirror is pretty bad, but the camera doesn't seem to notice it much.
    The audio side is absolute crap, makes the bike sound like its grinding itself to death. I will have to get a piece of microphone foam sock and cable tie it over the pickup, see if that cleans up the sound a bit.
    simple but effective good work on that one, also as well as foam try a wind sock, looks like sheepskin, foam picks up wind noise, the sock is better, also together they should be more effective.
    where is the mic located on the front?
    and with the wind being straight on, it will be hard to tone the noise down.
    Lost in USA

Bike
    08 RMZ250
    I just got one the other week, didn't even no that their was a cult following.
    Have made up mounts out of alloy for mounting under the side mirror, will post up picks when i get i back from the weilders (Rookie) better do a good job.
    Getting it ready for the KB track day in taupo

Bike
    SXF250
    Quote Originally Posted by barty5 View Post
    i bought one couple months back hopless on the bars (off road) switch off had to go for the side of helmet as to much movement on the arm kept gettin great footage of head stock as it rolled around other wise works great only other hassle is guys i go ridin with aways fall off behind me so never get to take the piss out of them re livin it ova an ova
    Hey Barty,

Are you using the rubber strap that comes with the camera to attach it to your helmet or something else, also how does it handle crashes ?.

Nigel

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    I tried to use one on my motard bike at pearoa, it worked fine on the dummy grid but would tuirn itself off as soon as i hit the track it would turn off and corupt the file, i treid new batterys, i thought the SD card might be popping out so i jammed somthing in their to make sure it sould not move,

i had it mounted on the handlebars, if i shake the unit it will turn off, any idea's i thought the batteries might be moving and disconting

Bike
    moped

oregon camera

scott411, had exactly the same problem with mine on the track, I am riding a screeming ZXR 400 mined you, put some tape over the SD card, srewed it up, tried again same problem. Its definatly a problem on a race bike, under racing conditions. Warm up laps, i have some footage but under high rev's seems to cut out. Have some good footage from my road bike, on the road,no problems.
    Going to try it out on the YZF R6 on the track, at the track day March 9th, to see if thats any better.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    I had success by mounting the camera on polystyrene and tying it down with the rubber straps. It wobbled a bit too much but the video was good.
    The various attempts I've made make me believe that it must be well insulated from high frequently vibration.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    thanks guys, i am going to try mounting it on the front fender on foam, ill keep you informed, i was pissed off as it owuld have been awesome footage

Bike
    98 Honda Hornet 250
    woo hoo. Just joined the Oregon club - went thirds on one with my flatmates as no-one wanted to fork out $200 themselves.
    Drew numbers out of a hat for the first usage which went to my flatmate on his CBR 1000. We just duct taped it to his tank with a spacer about 5-6cm high between the tank and camera. Worked a treat, sound is a little shitty but impressed otherwise.
    Now i've just gotta figure out how to You tube this stuff

Bike
    orange, light, loud: all i need
    Blog Entries
    I've started using a more expensive video camera with a monitor i can see when riding.
    It helps set up the shot and as a bonus, the cam has a zoom.

Oregon therefore up for sale, it came to me without any mounts or card but is otherwise fine.

Yours for $100

pm me if interested

no replies within a few days means it's going on trademe

Bike
    Girlz bikes rule :-)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by idleidolidyll View Post
    I've started using a more expensive video camera with a monitor i can see when riding.
    It helps set up the shot and as a bonus, the cam has a zoom.

Oregon therefore up for sale, it came to me without any mounts or card but is otherwise fine.

Yours for $100

pm me if interested

no replies within a few days means it's going on trademe
    Dibs

Thread Information