Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Oregon Camera (Bike Cam)

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    I used them around my left leg once, it seemed to work okay, left hand cornering looked quite cool with the camera so low to the ground.
    Nope, not pratical for me.
    Sitting/standing/balls of feet on pegs/instep on pegs/gorse/branches.

Helmet is best, but.......

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Helmet is best, but.......
    .....you don't want to look like Joe 90?

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    .....you don't want to look like Joe 90?
    Hey!
    I need those strings otherwise I'd fall over.

Bike
    Giant
    hey i would just like to know if anyone knows where i can get one of these cameras from
    i get enough execise just pushing my luck

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250R
    man the sound is fuct on that camera.

zeocen does video blogs and his sound is perfect, ask him what his camera is

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by delusionz View Post

zeocen does video blogs and his sound is perfect, ask him what his camera is
    But does his camera cost $200 and is his mic waterproof to 3m?

Bike
    '07 Honda CBR1000RR
    Called Noel Leeming last Saturday morning before a ride out, and got mixed replys from various stores (Typical). Their Tory Street store (both normal and technology) told me that they no longer stocked Oregon brand as it was unreliable.

Called the Porirua Branch and the lady was much more helpful. She knew exactly which model I was talking about and said that they were very popular (yes I know shes a salesperson, I was once too) and that they could get more in for me if I wanted. Confirmed price of $199 aswell.

So will go in sometime this week before I go for our next ride this weekend. Am planning on strapping it to my leg, or if I can be bothered work out some sort of mount on my bike. Will try and put all the suggestions in this thread to good use and let you all know what I come out with. Videos will be posted.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealone View Post
    Called Noel Leeming last Saturday morning before a ride out, and got mixed replys from various stores (Typical). Their Tory Street store (both normal and technology) told me that they no longer stocked Oregon brand as it was unreliable.

Called the Porirua Branch and the lady was much more helpful. She knew exactly which model I was talking about and said that they were very popular (yes I know shes a salesperson, I was once too) and that they could get more in for me if I wanted. Confirmed price of $199 aswell.

So will go in sometime this week before I go for our next ride this weekend. Am planning on strapping it to my leg, or if I can be bothered work out some sort of mount on my bike. Will try and put all the suggestions in this thread to good use and let you all know what I come out with. Videos will be posted.
    Hurry up, they are ordering me a replacement one from Oz as we speak... I talked to them yesterday about it, they might be able to tag it to the order.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealone View Post
    Their Tory Street store (both normal and technology) told me that they no longer stocked Oregon brand as it was unreliable.
    They stock Oregon iPod speakers though.
    Oregon are big in weather stations which is where I think they make most of their $$

NL in Nelson said they thought Oregon Scientific had stopped making them or that they had gone under

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    But does his camera cost $200 and is his mic waterproof to 3m?
    Just got shown this thread..
    What I do is significantly different to what you guys are trying to achieve so my method wouldn't really work that well. I ride with the thought of topics to talk about and talking about the scenery for my US/overseas mates. You couldn't really go balls to the wall with it as it might impede your vision at high speeds (I'm on a 250, so.. yeah, hasn't been an issue yet hehe).

What I did was get some velcro, a sony dsc-t3 camera and slapped it in my helmet with the lens just peeking over the chin guard, this lets me still see everything as I cruise at a leisurely pace, and having the camera in my helmet it also lets me talk without wind noise (if visor is down), so I'm able to talk shit while riding around.

I know a few other motorcycle 'video loggers' who use this method, and do some intense speeding, but it's mostly American's so it's usually just straight road warrior type stuff, I'm not sure if it would be terribly safe going at crazy speeds in corners with a camera in your face.

The 2 options for camera-in-your-face-vlogging is the sony-dsc series and the Kodak-v750.. the v750 lens is further down the camera so you have to stick the whole camera on the visor, but it's significantly better video quality.

To see what mine looks like (it will bore you, i'm not a good rider... yet!) check out http://livevideo.com/zeocen , Or for better riders go to LiveVideo and search for my mates 'Mordeth13' and 'Trinith' ... 'RideYourRide' is another good one.

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by delusionz View Post
    I dont think the sound is fucked on the camera, it just sounds like it's vibrating against the frame it's on.. you could probably remedy that by putting some foam or cloth between the camera and whatever it's vibrating on.

Bike
    95' CBR900
    Quote Originally Posted by zeocen View Post
    I dont think the sound is fucked on the camera, it just sounds like it's vibrating against the frame it's on.. you could probably remedy that by putting some foam or cloth between the camera and whatever it's vibrating on.
    The microphone is a cheapy, and not well mounted inside the camera. I am in the process of trying to pull it out and replace it with a plug. Then I can put a mic in my helmet, and run a cable to the camera.
    It might not be as waterproff, but if my bike gets that deep in water, I don't think i'll be that bothered about a $200 camera leaking.

Will update when and if I get it to work.
    vagrant

Thread Information