Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! My GSX-R250 won't start.

Bike
    ZZR400
    Fuel seems to flow ok. Its done 94,00 kms, so its a little noisey when running. Power is good and it runs smooth. Its been playing up a bit for a couple of weeks now but had starting problems the last few days. This morning it really didnt want to start. I will also check all the wiring tomorrow to make shure its not a bad earth or somthing silly.

Bike
    None
    It sounds as so your carburetors need a thorough clean as Ixion has suggested. Effectively, back firing is caused by un-burnt gas entering your exhuast and igniting. So something is causing a defeciency with your mixture. Too much gas or not enough oxygen being introduced to the cylinder.

If you don't already have one, here is a copy of the 1990 model GSXR 250 manual (it's roughly 6mb in size).

http://www.gsx.dk/images/gsxr250/gsx-r-250-manual.zip

Good Luck.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by burma View Post
    If you can get to the carbys you could spray some CRC 5-56 into the inlet - needs to be directly into them - where you can see the throttle slide, while you crank it if you get a decent spray down their throats it will fire on the CRC, least you will know if its a fuel or ignition problem.
    CRC isn't so good for it now that it has CFC free propellants... used to be heaps better. I use Aerostart these days, although imho CRC used to be as good as Aerostart for half the price.

Bike
    ZZR400

Unhappy Still Dead :(

I have dismantled, inspected and cleaned the carbs. Everything looked ok, even wear on all 4 needles, both diaphrams are ok, no visable damage anywhere. There was a lot of cleaning to do though.

Still no sign of life though.

Fuel is getting through and the bike has spark. I have taken the left side cover off and the magneto assembly looks ok.

I am now fearing the worst.... Does anyone have a compression tester that I could borrow.

Bike
    Suzuki

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    Ill check the rotor disc in the morning. Ive had the fuel tap out and the filters and cleaned them. Its gravity feed, no pump. Ive tried engine start into the carbs, no success. I havnt pulled the carbs off yet, but I might have to.

Hey, you had problems with gskhr250? it would not start. you decided this problemmu? how?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    He may have fixed it by now.

Bike
    1988 gsxr250

Any luck?

Did you end up sorting it out in the end?
    If so how? Mine seems to be having the exact same problem ever since I changed the starter motor

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosnorkulus View Post
    Did you end up sorting it out in the end?
    If so how? Mine seems to be having the exact same problem ever since I changed the starter motor
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    He may have fixed it by now.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    I need help!

My bikes dead!

It wont start, it just turns over and backfires every 15 seconds or so.
    Ive pulled the air box off and sprayed some carb cleaner in and changed the spark plugs, the old ones wernt too bad.

It has spark and seems to be getting fuel.

The big problem is I need it going this weekend.

Any ideas?

Its a 1990 GSXR 250
    Valves try pull themselves through the head . I been told that causes this problem . New valve seats second hand cylinder head .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information