Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IT/Computer freaks

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    people still use FDisk...

make a stuff up in that program and you loose a lot of data... there are better partitioning apps out there... ie Partition Magic that can partition with loosing your data

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Quote Originally Posted by NighthawkNZ View Post
    people still use FDisk...

make a stuff up in that program and you loose a lot of data... there are better partitioning apps out there... ie Partition Magic that can partition with loosing your data
    I was told to use FDISK, so thats what I use.

You able to use that most those other programs from DOS?
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR
    Macs have their own problems... and can have similar probles as PCs
    Welcome to the good and the bad of hardware and OS convergent evolution...(from an end user POV)

I'll stick with my Powerbook for now

(In spite of the fact Apple can be equally as c*nty as windoze box manufacturers when it comes to some of their recent quality control issues...)
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurrball View Post
    Welcome to the good and the bad of hardware and OS convergent evolution...(from an end user POV)

I'll stick with my Powerbook for now

(In spite of the fact Apple can be equally as c*nty as windoze box manufacturers when it comes to some of their recent quality control issues...)

I have a mac, PC and a Linux box... and I find the Linux system the most stable...

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    Quote Originally Posted by pervert View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha fuck that is in awesome cartoon!!!

It's soooo true as well.
    I liken a lot of PC users to Harley riders. They don't like the idea of something being better or even superior. So they blinker themselves to it and throw scorn from a position of ignorance. Hehe.

Seriously though, each to their own, but from my own perspective, PC's just seem so overly complicated compared to Macs, and no-one else has yet convinced me otherwise.

"...You're gonna have to face it, your dick needs a rub" Robert Palmer "Addicted to Love"

Bike
    None
    I'm with you Ceebie, I don't have any preference really when it comes to computers, they're the same thing to me

but each to their own.

The author of that comic also takes the piss out of windows and everything else (xbox, ps, gc etc)

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Quote Originally Posted by ceebie13 View Post
    I liken a lot of PC users to Harley riders. They don't like the idea of something being better or even superior. So they blinker themselves to it and throw scorn from a position of ignorance. Hehe.
    I have qualifications in both Mac's, and Windows based systems.

In my opinion theres nothing good about Macs. The range of software is medicore at best and the most useful utilities and apps don't support Mac OS at all.

A Windows based PC is nearly 100% stable and effective when in the right hands. I have left my home PC on for just over 7 months without a restart before, and it only got restarted because I installed new software that required it. You can't fault that.

I never have any spyware or virus issues, even though a good proportion of my use P2P and .torrent related.

It's all about the user, sure a Mac will give the average dumbass less problems. But the average smarter person will realise the humble PC is the best option, they cost far less, are far more upgradable, and you can be assured any software you want to use will be supported.

There's a reason Mac's are crushed in worldwide use numbers by Windows systems, and that's not just because of Microsofts stranglehold on the market. It's also because there are just plain better.
    "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this, and I dont give a fuck if you're at the top!!!"

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries

In my opinion theres nothing good about Macs... ...and that's not just because of Microsofts stranglehold on the market. It's also because there are just plain better.
    Nice blinkers...

Bike
    N/a

In my opinion theres nothing good about Macs. The range of software is medicore at best and the most useful utilities and apps don't support Mac OS at all.

A Windows based PC is nearly 100% stable and effective when in the right hands. I have left my home PC on for just over 7 months without a restart before, and it only got restarted because I installed new software that required it. You can't fault that.

I never have any spyware or virus issues, even though a good proportion of my use P2P and .torrent related.

It's all about the user, sure a Mac will give the average dumbass less problems. But the average smarter person will realise the humble PC is the best option, they cost far less, are far more upgradable, and you can be assured any software you want to use will be supported.

There's a reason Mac's are crushed in worldwide use numbers by Windows systems, and that's not just because of Microsofts stranglehold on the market. It's also because there are just plain better.
    Praise the Lord. Macs suck Donkey Dick

you can mostly tell a mac user strait away. They all go on about firefox and have those trendy glasses with the thick frames

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTOXXX View Post
    Praise the Lord. Macs suck Donkey Dick

you can mostly tell a mac user strait away. They all go on about firefox and have those trendy glasses with the thick frames
    the scary part is that he's bloody right lol , one of my mates is just like that, glasses and all.

Also if Mac's are so great (i donno much about the comp world), then surely they would outsale window's if people say how crap it is. It doesn't matter if your the biggest company in thr world etc, if you have a shit product, no one is gonna want it lol

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_Jones View Post
    Also if Mac's are so great (i donno much about the comp world), then surely they would outsale window's if people say how crap it is. It doesn't matter if your the biggest company in thr world etc, if you have a shit product, no one is gonna want it lol

-Indy
    Macs main target aren't the home user, there main target market is the multi media industry, audi, video graphic design etc... (tho the PC can do exactly the same thing cheaper)

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_Jones View Post
    It doesn't matter if your the biggest company in thr world etc, if you have a shit product, no one is gonna want it lol
    True to an extent...

Until the release of XP, Microsoft OS's were not exactly quality(except for Win 95 ), yet they still outsold Mac's big time...

Microsoft does seem to blind the world into almost believing Mac's don't exist...fair enough though, they shouldn't exist...

Macs main target aren't the home user, there main target market is the multi media industry, audi, video graphic design etc... (tho the PC can do exactly the same thing cheaper)
    Yes, but I guess to go against what I have been saying, Mac's do perform well in this field.
    "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this, and I dont give a fuck if you're at the top!!!"

Bike
    A Cage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    I suppose I better let you know too that I have managed to contact NEC who have no idea what the hell a GLUE error is. Useless pricks
    Its an error generated by the software used to create the restore CD's (Which is probably why NEC support have no fucking idea, because only the guys at NEC who create restore CD's would know about it)
    Most common cause of errors like that is a scratched/corrupted restore disc set.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    True to an extent...
    Yes, but I guess to go against what I have been saying, Mac's do perform well in this field.
    So do PCs... I use my PC over the mac here as the software is cheaper... and it does the job just as well...

just don't clutter your system up with crud and it will run smoothly...

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo

Blah

Own a brand new shiny iMac. Best thing I have done.

I spent over $3000 building a top of the line PC, each part chosen carefully and spent alot of time and effort getting it perfect. What a complete waste of time and money that was! Yes ok it could play the latest games at full res with grunt to spare, but geesh the constant updates, the neverending patches and then the software incompatibilites etc etc too much hassle. A year later, and the computer was almost a different machine after almost every part had been upgraded to 'keep up'. What a waste of time and money!

My shiny iMac has never failed me.

You take it out of the box, ALL the software is allready on it. Everything is designed to work together seemlessly - and it does. There is close to zero maintanence required - ie no weekly virus scans, then running three diferent adaware scanners and de-fraggin (which FYI is done on the fly on a mac).

Everything is EASIER, SIMPLER, LOOKS BETTER, and now thanks to clever Intel chips FAST too!

As for upgrading? heck I wont need to pay anything for at least 3 years, then I will just go out and buy a new one! Actually cheaper than keeping a PC up-to-date!

And now thanks to mac mini they are cheaper too!! The whole 'macs are more expensive' is mearly an illusion. Your getting a whole lot more for your money when you buy a mac!

Oh and the reason why sales are less? May I remind you who Invented DOS in the first place!!! Then sold it to Microsoft... they then spent billions and made all the mistakes, at no cost to Apple while Apple sat quiet and spent its money on making a product that actually works!! Its funny how everyone was oohing and arring over the look and feel of XP when it was released? Well a lot of the cosmetics (look) of XP were actually stolen from mac os! You look at longhorn and you will see an uncanny resembalance to mac os x - the current os of apple macs!! Apple is leading the way! Bill Gates cant keep up...

Bring on the revolution!! Buy a Mac!!
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Thread Information