Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IT/Computer freaks

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    GLUE
    "It is pitch black. Your computer has been eaten by a GLUE."

Sorry, someone had to say it.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    A Cage
    Quote Originally Posted by NighthawkNZ View Post
    So do PCs... I use my PC over the mac here as the software is cheaper... and it does the job just as well...

just don't clutter your system up with crud and it will run smoothly...
    Paying for software is a crime!

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan View Post
    Its funny how everyone was oohing and arring over the look and feel of XP when it was released? Well a lot of the cosmetics (look) of XP were actually stolen from mac os! You look at longhorn and you will see an uncanny resembalance to mac os x - the current os of apple macs!! Apple is leading the way! Bill Gates cant keep up...

Bring on the revolution!! Buy a Mac!!
    The MAC OS was stolen from GEOS and they got the gui idea from commodore amgia... heck I had GEOS on my C64/128

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    The MAC OS was stolen from GEOS
    Maybe, but my point was the creation of DOS itself! The orignal basis for windows OS ! This was sold to microsoft!!

* Its not secure.
    * Its flawed.
    * It smells funny
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Claiming a Windows system is not secure (or unstable for that matter) does no more than demonstrate a complete lack of operating knowledge.
    "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this, and I dont give a fuck if you're at the top!!!"

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Lias View Post
    Paying for software is a crime!
    It's people like you that make people like me keep people like Aladdin in business.
    - mikey

Bike
    A Cage
    Die die die :-P

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by pervert View Post
    Claiming a Windows system is not secure (or unstable for that matter) does no more than demonstrate a complete lack of operating knowledge.
    Name me ONE windows operating system available today that is 100% secure. The 'band aid' approach doesnt work.

The only flaw with Macs is that I sometimes use MSN - which is a microsoft product. And even then the only virus' that can attack only affect msn, nothing else.
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Maybe, but my point was the creation of DOS itself! The orignal basis for windows OS ! This was sold to microsoft!!

* Its not secure.
    * Its flawed.
    * It smells funny
    DOS by itself is a is secure and a very quick OS. As for flawed... how... yes it is an old OS using old technology, but not flawed.

The orginal Windows was not sold as a OS but sold as a GUI to be used with DOS (Big difference) you had to already have dos on your PC.

As for the buying it... so!?! this happens all the time with business whats your point, I have done similar things myself in th ebusiness world.

I would call the MAC OS secure either, no system is...

Bike
    A Cage
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    It's people like you that make people like me keep people like Aladdin in business.
    I dont think they've invented any software yet thats uncrackable :-)

Personally, the more any company tries to protect its code, the more actively I will go out of my way to share copies of it :-)

Their is entirely too much crap software, and overpriced software out there to do anything BUT pirate imho.

If software is REALLY good, and reasonably priced, I might buy it, otherwise the software companies can all burn in the firey pits of /dev/null

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    DOS by itself is a is secure and a very quick OS.
    Secure? DOS had no security features whatsoever! It didn't even have any concept of 'user identity'!

I suppose the fact that it also had no networking features meant that it was secure by default, inasmuch as it was impossible to attack remotely.

But then, by that definition, a lump of wood is also 'secure'. It's not very useful, though.

I'm really not sure what you're going on about.
    - mikey

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    DOS by itself is a is secure and a very quick OS. As for flawed... how... yes it is an old OS using old technology, but not flawed.

The orginal Windows was not sold as a OS but sold as a GUI to be used with DOS (Big difference) you had to already have dos on your PC.

As for the buying it... so!?! this happens all the time with business whats your point, I have done similar things myself in th ebusiness world.

I would call the MAC OS secure either, no system is...
    So you admit it smells funny then?
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Name me ONE windows operating system available today that is 100% secure. The 'band aid' approach doesnt work.
    High-profile companies the world over use Microsoft OS, not Mac's.

You're a dreamer if you think OS X is 100% secure.

If Mac's became the most popular system, they would be in the same boat as Microsoft is now in regards to viruses etc.

The creators and attackers don't give a shit about disrupting a tiny little proprortion of users that use a Mac. They feel bad enough for you using a Mac, without infecting your 'PC' as well.
    "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this, and I dont give a fuck if you're at the top!!!"

Bike
    Various
    How old are you DD?
    They been saying shit like that for about 30yrs now and where's the revolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by CaN View Post
    How old are you DD?
    They been saying shit like that for about 30yrs now and where's the revolution?
    Hahahaha, it'll happen...

Thread Information