Thread: Electric trials bikes, for kids.

Electric trials bikes, for kids.

http://www.osetbikes.com/

Definatly not a toy,developed by a trials rider for his kids.So the kids have been trained by a trials rider....the little buggers are loading the rear suspension and unweighting....but it shows the bikes are capable of some advanced techniques.Imagine being able to give kids this level of training this early in their riding.The electric motor is perfect for trials,instant low speed torque,from a standstill even,no engine braking and good flywheel effect.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    2021 DR650SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post

Definatly not a toy
    Sweet. I need to get me a job.

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    Cheers, Motu, that's an excellent link. Wish I had the moola to get a couple - or even one!

Brings a tear to my eyes watching those 4-year-old kids riding like that. If I'd had the money for something like that ages ago, my 4-year-old would already be doing that. He's been ready for powered riding for ages but budget constraints (and the fact that the 50cc mini bikes are still too tall for him to reach the ground even though he could sit comfortably on it and ride it) have meant that he has not been able to have a go.

I like the idea of the parental speed control - and no faffing about trying to limit the speed of a petrol engine, just turn the dial to the desired speed!

I'm working on getting a small electric bike for my oldest at the moment - one he can ride properly - but it may require a few mods.

Fortunately, I'm au fait enough with electric vehicles to be confident I can make any necessary mods.
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post

Definatly not a toy,developed by a trials rider for his kids.So the kids have been trained by a trials rider....the little buggers are loading the rear suspension and unweighting....but it shows the bikes are capable of some advanced techniques.Imagine being able to give kids this level of training this early in their riding.The electric motor is perfect for trials,instant low speed torque,from a standstill even,no engine braking and good flywheel effect.
    That little bugger has excellent timing.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Nevermind the kids, that looks like fun for me!!
    Shame I never had those sort of toys as a kid.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    That little bugger has excellent timing.
    He is bloody good, isn't he. He's going to have an edge over a lot of his competitors in later life.

Good on his father for doing that - I'd've done similar ages ago if I possessed the ability or the resources but regrettably I lack the mechanical ability to even mount electric motors to the kids' pushbikes, let alone build a frame with suspension.

A bloke down in Napier sells off-road-style electric kids' bikes for about $200-250 through Tardme that are capable of around 14km/h - but I doubt they would perform anything like the OSET bikes and you'd most likely have to wire in an extra potentiometer to control the top speed.

We need a local manufacturer or supplier of something like the OSET bikes.
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    2009, beta Evo

Does anyone know of any 12" osets for sale?

Does anyone have a 12" oset for sale?

Thread Information