Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Online computer stores

Bike
    Diamondback.

Online computer stores

Being a closet geek, I have had to purchase computer parts online, for my various "customers", and with the constantly changing tide of technology, products that existed 2 years ago, in abundance, have all but disappeared from the shop shelves, so you need to ask a few questions from time to time to keep up.

One thing that has shone thru very brightly when dealing with computer parts stores, is the sheer arrogance of some of them. One online trader goes so far as to say they will "probably not reply to emails", and caution you not to bother.

Here's where I get right up on my tippy toes on my soap box......... why do we allow such shitty "customer service" to exist?. In such a cut throat business as computer parts, you'd think every shop would be doing their utmost to bring in the punters, and keep them, but sadly, this appears to not be the case.

This week has been a classic, I had $900.00 dollars of my workmates money burning a hole in my bank account, waiting to be converted into a computer, and 3 of the online computer stores I sent emails to, with a simple question in each email, failed to respond to my email that day, in fact, 2 of them took 48 hours, and the 3rd has only just responded now, some 72 hours after the email was sent........ good Lord, if I did that at work, I would be shot after the 2nd hour.

Does anyone know of a PC parts retailer who takes their customers business seriously, and will respond smartly to emails?...... I don't actually care if they aren't the cheapest, I just want a store that treats me like a customer, and not an inconvenience to their daily routine of ignoring the fuck out of people.
    Homer you shot the zombie Flanders !
    He was a Zombie?

Bike
    Bandit 250(for sale), 636
    not had much of a problem with suppliers down here be it for my dad's small business or things for where i work

go to the source not the middle man
    1990 Suzuki Bandit GSF 250 for sale 39k kms $3,500

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    Most of the sites are run by Asians. 3 days turnaround is good service by their standards.

Mind due, if you wrote in Engrish they might respond quicker.
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    www.aclasscomputers.co.nz brilliant service and quick emails
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    A Blade or two
    I have used Dragon pc for quite some time now. Not too bad on emails but there are often delays in getting your order.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
    BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Bike
    Bikes!
    ascent.co.nz are the best for customer service.

dragonpc.co.nz are amongst the worst, but their gear is always cheaper, and you can haggle with them to get it cheaper still.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Oh, and tastech, would rather have a rattlesnake up my arse thanks very much. No way will that fag ever get any of my money, oh no.

Bike
    Diamondback.
    Another tastech fan, I am not alone then.
    He was a Zombie?

Bike
    A Blade or two
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Oh, and tastech, would rather have a rattlesnake up my arse thanks very much. No way will that fag ever get any of my money, oh no.
    Hmmm, Often wondered about Tastech. Don't think I'll bother with them now.

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin View Post
    I have used Dragon pc for quite some time now. Not too bad on emails but there are often delays in getting your order.
    I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole. The amount of times we have clashed heads because something they have sold us is faulty or a repair quote takes a week to complete. Pity the boss doesnt seem top get there are plenty of better places out there

Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    dragonpc.co.nz are amongst the worst, but their gear is always cheaper, and you can haggle with them to get it cheaper still.
    Seconded, and that is part of the reason they are cheap
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    Diamondback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    www.aclasscomputers.co.nz brilliant service and quick emails
    A Class have a very small range... I mean VERY small. It;s ok if all you do is build "clone" Sempron powered workstations, but a bit frustrating when you need a 2.4 Ath64 system with a 6600GT under it.
    He was a Zombie?

Bike
    A Blade or two
    Damn, I must be in the minority, I have had pretty good service from them, Had a top end motherboard replaced on the spot without having to go through the rma drama, graphics cards returned within the week but I did have a bit of drama over a stick of ram once.

Bike
    Diamondback.
    The thing that gets me, is that you're taught in any good customer services course, that an email should be treated with the same prompt action, as having a customer right in front of you. The person has taken the time to approach your company, so you need to make sure that persons question gets actioned forthwith.

I work with 4 other people who think the same way, so it's not just me being a pedantic prick. I think a niche exists for a computer parts company that is low to mid range on price, but has outstanding customer satisfaction. It's gotta be do-able surely.
    He was a Zombie?

Bike
    Aprilia RSV1000RR
    www.playtech.co.nz I find these guys have great service.

Bike
    06 10 WITH ALL THE FANCY BITS
    www.computerlounge.co.nz if you are in auckland go see them they are *the best*. great guys who (are from nz and understand english for a change hint hint) help you choose components and computers (custom builds to your specs/needs) they don't rip you off (i'm an enthusiast and see them for second opinions.. they are usually bang on and great at looking after my mates for what they need eg not getting some $900 cpu and integrated graphics... they actually care about you. email wise up to a day turnaround on average.
    xp computer ****s in person. ascent is okay most of the time for online, my work gets majority of parts from there cus of the range of parts.. nfc technologies in newmarket is very good in person also. if you can get an account with techpac... http://www.techpac.co.nz/login/index.cfm they are resellers and you can get accounts with them if you are in the buisness. some stuff is cheaper than pricespy others is average. i see you are down south though so this wont be that applicable.

Thread Information