Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre '89 bike build.

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    I am tooo. Wanna see what she looks like

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike

Alright. Here goes.

I'm bowing to public pressure a posting shots of "The Machine".

I've listed them as R-rated images because there are ZXR750 riders out there who'd prefer not to see. The mere sight of this bike will have them trembling at the knees and crying for their mummy.

This is not pretty. PMs begging me to go easy on you at the track will remain unanswered so don't waste your time or mine.

Prepare to be shocked.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gixxer-dash.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	3075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gixxer-7.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	3076  
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Hmm it must be a sleeper, still looks like a bog standard old s**tter to me, and I'm a suzuki fan. (Ducks and hides behind thick wall before WT flames)

Doesn't look like much external prepping has gone on. Still got lights, all the gauges etc. Whens the first race?
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    I'm bowing to public pressure a posting shots of "The Machine".

I've listed them as R-rated images because there are ZXR750 riders out there who'd prefer not to see. The mere sight of this bike will have them trembling at the knees and crying for their mummy.

This is not pretty. PMs begging me to go easy on you at the track will remain unanswered so don't waste your time or mine.

Prepare to be shocked.........
    ROTFLMAO---holey shite--look its still got the spindly frame and origonal brakes . Yep Im shaking in my boots here. The thought of putting my poor ol zxr750 up against that BEAST --Actually you can probably hear the zxr's forks knocking together -its laughing so hard.
    Wondering If perhaps I should put 750 stickers on mella yella to make WT feel better.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb
    Hmm it must be a sleeper, still looks like a bog standard old s**tter to me, and I'm a suzuki fan. (Ducks and hides behind thick wall before WT flames)

Doesn't look like much external prepping has gone on. Still got lights, all the gauges etc. Whens the first race?
    You underestimate the power of the force, young bucket racer.

Bear in mind this bike is my daily rider too. I can have it race stripped in 1 1/2 hours.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ/FROSTY
    ROTFLMAO---holey shite--look its still got the spindly frame and origonal brakes . Yep Im shaking in my boots here. The thought of putting my poor ol zxr750 up against that BEAST --Actually you can probably hear the zxr's forks knocking together -its laughing so hard.
    Wondering If perhaps I should put 750 stickers on mella yella to make WT feel better.
    Easy big fellah.

Who the hell do you think's putting your sad old ZXR back together?

I'm thinking I should bust out the ol' SRX600 RR SPS just to give your Kum-And-Suk-Me a fighting chance.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    mental note to self -save insulting the mans bike untill after zxr is in auckland.
    Hey seriously WT dya recall what state the zxr tyres were in?
    Just The tyres up here are in good nick
    You are getting the ol bus set up for sept 15th aint ya?
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Easy big fellah.
    I'm thinking I should bust out the ol' SRX600 RR SPS just to give your Kum-And-Suk-Me a fighting chance.
    Ohh --you heard I was gonna run my baby zxr250 then ???

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Bear in mind this bike is my daily rider too. I can have it race stripped in 1 1/2 hours.
    Ah, didn't realise it was the daily ride as well, thought you'd be taking the pimp mobile in each day. That makes a little more sense.
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by celticno6
    Jeez Eddie its at the back of WMCC's workshop. Go round and see WT and he'll show you the bike....
    Every time I go into WMCC Trashy is nowhere to be seen, sometimes I gotta wonder if he does actually work there. Not that I get down that way that often.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    [QUOTE=Eddieb]
    Quote Originally Posted by celticno6
    Jeez Eddie its at the back of WMCC's workshop. Go round and see WT and he'll show you the bike....QUOTE]

Every time I go into WMCC Trashy is nowhere to be seen, sometimes I gotta wonder if he does actually work there. Not that I get down that way that often.
    Or maybe he's just hiding from ya, Eddie.

I remember you and your 888 wheels, don't worry.

I'm still real sorry about that.

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    I remember you and your 888 wheels, don't worry.
    I'm still real sorry about that.
    Ah shit happens mate, at least it was fixed good and proper and in good time, if it hadn't of been I'd have been pissed. But it was so I'm not.

realisation dawns... so thats why your always so nice and polite to me...

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Oh shit eddie--now youll be treated with the same comntept the rest of us are
    Act angry--pissed off even lol

Bike
    1987 GSXR750 racebike
    WhiteTrash, nice old GSXR race project! I was doing a Google search on old GSXRs and somehow stumbled onto this thread.

I race a 1987 GSXR750 here in northern California with the AFM (American Federation of Motorcyclists, oldest club racing organization in the U.S.). The class I compete in is called Super Dinosaur. There's no displacement category, it's an age thing...the bike must be 17 years or older. It's a "rolling rule" so for 2004, bikes up to '87 are eligible, for 2005 bikes up to '88, etc.

Super Dino is a small class right now, we had only 6 bikes on the grid at the last race, but that will change next year since the 1988 FZR400 will be eligible ('88 was the first year the FZR was imported to the States so they are plentiful). Our club has many FZR400s so I expect the Super Dino grid to grow nicely in the next few seasons.

At the last race we had an '81 GS1100 (with a 155-hp engine and Bandit 1200 wheels/swingarm/forks), my '87 GSXR750, my teammate's '86 GSXR1100, an '85 GSXR750 Japan model, an '87 FZR400 Japan model, and an '87 CBR600 Hurricane. Blast from the past!

Super Dino runs under Superbike rules, so as long as the engine cases match the frame (no 7-11s), you can make lots of mods. I have a 771 kit, '93 GSXR600 inverted forks/triples/wheel (bolts right on), 6-piston Tokico calipers, HEL brake lines, Hindle exhaust, Fox Twin Clicker rear shock, rear wheel from a '92 GSXR750, and Daytona steering damper (had to drill hole in spaghetti frame to mount).

Another important modification was the installation of an '86 GSXR1100 pivot linkage for the rear shock, which raised the rear of the bike about 3 inches (sorry for the inch count, I'm not up to speed on that communist metric stuff, heh). This transformed the handling, enabling the bike to steer much faster. The original chassis geometry (which was never very good to begin with) was all screwed up after installing the 17-inch wheels and shorter inverted forks, so the 1100 linkage helped tremendously. The 1100 linkage is bigger so I had to grind it down so it wouldn't foul the frame, that wasn't hard, just trial and error with the grinder (and some cussing at the Suzuki engineer who chose a pivot linkage instead of regular dogbones).

I rode at Infineon Raceway (Sears Point) back in April and managed a best lap of 1:54. After installing the 1100 linkage, I again rode at Infineon this month and did a best of 1:46. It's like having a whole new motorcycle, the bike is so much easier to flick into corners now.

Here's some pics of my last race on Aug. 8th:

http://www.mofoto.com/afm/august/alb...6/BA9C6686.jpg

http://www.garyratherphoto.com/AFM/2.../0408_0037.JPG

Here's the 1100 pivot linkage installed on my 750:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...nkageon750.jpg

Cheers!

Bike
    Honda PC800
    hey gidday dino . I have always thought that a rolling rule should be the way to go. Only trouble is -Over here we just don't have enough people/money to build a new bike every year -you could imagine -every bugger would want the lateest available.
    We have a class over here especially for 400 molti's -F3
    guys are running V4 honda's, kwakka 400's,susuki gsxr400's and the like.
    hey ya gotta stick around dude--Tell us about the race scene over there :spudwave: :spudwave:

Thread Information