Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunedin biker ladies!

Bike
    1983 XV 750 Midnight Special 883 Hugger
    Botb how was the ride to Lawrence ? I was reading they left you behind ?

Bike
    RIP MAGGIE LETS GO NIGHTSTER
    Great to see you gals out doing it!!! awesome day for a girly ride sorry i didn't have the muffins and the coffee ready next time gals

Bike
    a blue one VN 900c
    Yes the Dunedin girls finally got together. Silverfern Midnight special and I had a nice cruisey ride to Taieri Mouth then back to Botb's (relaxing in the sun having her toenails painted) for a chat and check out the injury. Hope to do it again soon and with everyone ridin!! How did your bronz/acc riding day go silverfern??? Hope you got lots out of it was a great day for riding
    DREAM LIKE YOULL LIVE FOR EVER ...LIVE LIKE YOULL DIE TODAY

balanced . systems . stimulate . civilisations

Bike
    Ducati Monster 400

Riding Course

Hey Ladies, Saturday ride was really good, in spite of my time-out south of Brighton due to cranky suzuki. We will get the muffins next time at Dani's! Hope the leg is healing well.
    Todays course was absolutely bloody fantastic for me, I think I have my mojo back!!!
    My confidence just kept getting better and better all day, I did emergency braking which I was really nervous about, and dodging stuff, and cornering, and staying upright while going really slow (with feet OFF the ground!) The trainers were just so encouraging and I'd highly recommend the course. It was stinking hot though and boy did I perspire spending time in the hot sun, wearing black, boots, helmets, gloves etc . while doing the riding bit, no cool breeze, just the usual perfect Dunedin weather (cough cough)! It could have been alcohol seeping out though as I was at a hen's party till a few hours before the course started.
    I also learnt that tyre pressure is pretty important, when I got down there one of the guys said my tyres weren't looking right, they checked the pressure and couldn't get any reading from the back tyre and only 26 on the front. Hung my head in shame.
    Now I have to get out there and practice practice practice!!!
    Now, when will the next ride be? I have another lady from the course who is on L plates and wants to join us before she shifts to Wellington, where I'm sure she will be looked after by the Kiwi rider women up there while she gets better and better. And I have to get my carby's fixed next week.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s

Thumbs up

Great to see and hear you enjoyed yourself ladies...

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Ha! Must have been on the same wavelength....

Mrs V and I rode down to Brighton today. Enjoyed a walk along the beach (bloody hot though), then carried on down to Taieri Mouth. Rode over the hill to Waihola (Mrs V's first ride on gravel), and had a nice lunch at The Black Swan. Then a good fang up SH1 to Dunedin (well as fast as the nose-to-tail traffic would allow.......).

What a great riding weekend!
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    I didn't ride anywhere this weekend I had other stuff to do...

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by NighthawkNZ View Post
    I didn't ride anywhere this weekend I had other stuff to do...
    So did I - in fact I'm supposed to be doing invoicing now......
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    So did I - in fact I'm supposed to be doing invoicing now......
    Oh got the March hare next weekend YEAH

Bike
    It was great meeting everyone on saterday and great for my confidence back on the road but will definatly go on the rideing course after watching Julene today well worth it, sorry had to leave before talking to you had to get some jobs at home done, may have to get rings and bearings done after blowing alot of smake on saterday but getting a warrent tomorow and have done an oil change and will be priceing some parts but still rideable in the meantime what a beaut day wish id been on the bike today .

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Special View Post
    ... may have to get rings and bearings done after blowing alot of smake on saterday but getting a warrent tomorow and have done an oil change and will be priceing some parts but still rideable in the meantime what a beaut day wish id been on the bike today .
    Since its been sitting for a bit... the smoke would be expected and it may come right with a bit of more use and riding (i had mine sit for over a year.. started first pop, and smoked for a bit then came right... loosing up the bits and pieces and lubericating the rubber etc...

Also don't over fill with oil the, and check the air cleaner box... (its a pity I sold my XJ special as I would have shown you a nice little trick with the air filter... you get some foam (used in air car filters) and cut it to fit... its washable and better than the standard paper one (used mine for 15 years and didn't have to buy another air filter ever... :-)

After each ride get yah spark plugs checked and see if they are oiley (sign the rings could be on the way out) if they are after a couple of decent length rides then maybe...

Bike
    there was a fair bit of metal when i did the oil change also its only one cylender smokeing but yea put some no smoke in it to so ill see what happens . has a new plug in it one i was useing was not hot enough . was just looking on e-bay lots of spare parts on there for my bike not bad prices even with coversions and postage.

Bike
    1999 CBR900RR
    Seems everyone went out for a ride to Brighton on Saturday. Went out that way to the turnoff to Waihola and came back for an icecream at Brighton. Perfect day for it... bar the wind.

Was half a dozen bikes at Shell on Kaikorai Valley Road at about 8:45 on Sunday morning. Not any of you peoples?

Bike
    a blue one VN 900c
    No not me Sunday. I had a day of chores and lawns would have been another great day for it tho Next time we will all have to try and go together!!
    DREAM LIKE YOULL LIVE FOR EVER ...LIVE LIKE YOULL DIE TODAY

balanced . systems . stimulate . civilisations

Bike
    Hey that was a fun day at the bike shops today, I have got a wee bike in mind ! and that Ducati did sound nice Dani ! what took your fancy Julene ?

Thread Information